Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

looking at the met.ie radar right now I'd say a couple of those beefier showers winging there way southeastwards through Kerry at the moment are strong enough to reach Cork city

keep an eye out from about 3pm leahyl - you never know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Still nothing in West Dublin :( I need snow so UCD will cancel exams. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

TDOie wrote: »

Dont we all . . . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Still no snow in Galway City. Clouding over slowly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Dont we all . . . :D

Big time! I'm in at 6 this evening and again tomorrow morning...any chance do you think ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Snow depth definately increasing
    13:30 shower
    74af524f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Snowing lighty on and off all morning. Its beginging to get quite heavy now.

Temp 0 deg

7 miles SW of Tuam

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Okay I said i'd ask the learned members of the boards weather Thingy. It is December isint it ? Because here in the southern capital if you didn't know any better it looks like July or June out there.

Big time! I'm in at 6 this evening and again tomorrow morning...any chance do you think ??

I wouldn't say they'd cancel anything this evening or even tomorrow but if we had heavy snow all weekend (which is possible, no?) wouldn't they have to cancel the exams for early next week? We all know they've closed the campus for much less!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Light snow falling now in Inniscarra, Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Snowing heavily here now, see the cam below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

bandit197 wrote: »
    Snowing heavily here now, see the cam below.

Link dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I wouldn't say they'd cancel anything this evening or even tomorrow but if we had heavy snow all weekend (which is possible, no?) wouldn't they have to cancel the exams for early next week? We all know they've closed the campus for much less!

Ah yeah I've given up hope at this stage.. I'm finished tomorrow and once its over I'll be glad I'm done. Today though my house is so cosy and the thoughts of sitting in a hall writing for a couple of hours is not very appealing. Best of luck to you if you've some left.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Latest forecasts make it look like Dublin is going to escape this time. Usually love it but I've got 2 parties over the weekend, tonight and tomorrow night and want to be able go to them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

mothel wrote: »
    Latest forecasts make it look like Dublin is going to escape this time. Usually love it but I've got 2 parties over the weekend, tonight and tomorrow night and want to be able go to them! :D

Really? Link/Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

kazul wrote: »
    Automatic is easier in these conditions. Smoother, easier to take off without wheelspin, doesn't stall when engine-braking.

not gonna force her to drive if she feels nervous about it so i drove her in. suits me fine take an early day cos of snow :) win win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

There was a very heavy shower in Ballymote 20 mins or so ago, good deal of snow lyin on the ground.

Can see blue skies at the moment though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

davehey79 wrote: »
    not gonna force her to drive if she feels nervous about it so i drove her in. suits me fine take an early day cos of snow :) win win

snow in longford?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Absolute blizzard here in Kerry over the last hour, the heaviest snow I have ever encountered here in my life. My driveway in now under 7" of snow, when the last record of about 3.5" was set in this January's freeze up. I last remember snow as good as this when I was very young sometime in the early nineties.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

4Sheets wrote: »
    Link dude?

Camera

The link is also in my sig

• Advertisement

Really? Link/Source?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

See the animated map. They were very accurate during the last event!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

According to raintoday it looks like Cork city should be getting some snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Very sunny here in Thurles : almost clear sky. Not one drop of snow today.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I don't know what the craic is now cause it changes so much. But simply there was a massive overreaction to the front coming down and it has had some serious downgrades and it aint as bad as we expected?

Ah yeah I've given up hope at this stage.. I'm finished tomorrow and once its over I'll be glad I'm done. Today though my house is so cosy and the thoughts of sitting in a hall writing for a couple of hours is not very appealing. Best of luck to you if you've some left.

I've got 4 in 3 days next week, they're my hardest one's too. So I'm praying for snowmageden to save me from the horrors of UCD exams.

Good luck today and tomorrow!

Invigilators, papers please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Okay I said i'd ask the learned members of the boards weather Thingy. It is December isint it ? Because here in the southern capital if you didn't know any better it looks like July or June out there.

yeah their was a thing called a calender invented some years back, useful to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Really heavy here atm, doesn't look like it's going to quit either, south Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Brr, the sun seems to have fecked off and it's getting cloudy and chilly here in Clondalkin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

MT Cranium is staying very very quiet today. Is he backing away from his snowtopia forecasts?????

• Advertisement

Really? Link/Source?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=124

See Weatherchecks comment on MT's Forecast of this morning!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement