Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Podcast - "We're Alive"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I listened to it there yesterday. It was awesome. I hate not really being able to discuss it. They recently did up the We're Alive forum so I have started using that a bit.

I'm just really eager to get to next Tuesday now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i wonder if we petition them to work a bit harder and have a new episode every two days...........ah if only it was that easy
    as you can maybe tell im not great at waiting especially after the current episode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I listened to it there yesterday. It was awesome. I hate not really being able to discuss it. They recently did up the We're Alive forum so I have started using that a bit.

I'm just really eager to get to next Tuesday now! :D

Perhaps we need a SPOILER ALLOWED thread for We're Alive? We did the same thing for The Walking Dead... mainly so Micky didn't get mad at me anymore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Only on Chapter 3.

This is simply brilliant! You can even hear things in the background. Makes me twitch, and look around!

MOAR ZOMBIES!

• Advertisement

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Perhaps we need a SPOILER ALLOWED thread for We're Alive? We did the same thing for The Walking Dead... mainly so Micky didn't get mad at me anymore. :)

Now that's an idea. I'm all for that. Leave this one for general discussion and set up the spoilers one so we can discuss eps. Fantastic plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

The problem is that each new released "part" of an episode is so short - about 15 minutes. I am holding out now until all of episode 18 is released before I listen - though i might cave in!

I wonder how much "drop off" of listeners they get because of the delays, people forgetting to go back. I'd certainly pay a dollar or a euro for an episode (3 parts) a week, like a single from itunes. Maybe they should look into a mini-payment to let them produce more quickly.

I think if they try to rush an episode then the quality of the writing and the overall feel of the podcast would go down.

As far as I know they do have a box set that you can buy. Don't take my word on that though, I thought I saw it online somewhere. So you can support them through that.

I was in the same boat as yourself. I was going to listen to it every chapter. Then they released the We're Not Dead podcast (the one about We're Alive). So now to listen to that I have to listen to We're Alive every week. Not complaining though. They had Jim Gleason a.k.a Micheal Cross on there last week and he was great. Even read out the question I asked him.

Anyway. As I said, I'm more than happy waiting as long as KC Wayland (creator) keeps up the fantastic quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I think if they try to rush an episode then the quality of the writing and the overall feel of the podcast would go down.

As far as I know they do have a box set that you can buy. Don't take my word on that though, I thought I saw it online somewhere. So you can support them through that.

I was in the same boat as yourself. I was going to listen to it every chapter. Then they released the We're Not Dead podcast (the one about We're Alive). So now to listen to that I have to listen to We're Alive every week. Not complaining though. They had Jim Gleason a.k.a Micheal Cross on there last week and he was great. Even read out the question I asked him.

Anyway. As I said, I'm more than happy waiting as long as KC Wayland (creator) keeps up the fantastic quality.

Is there a "We're Not Dead" podcast when each part of an episode is released? Or after each episode (3 parts)?

Thanks for the info anyway, I'll go and check it out. I looked at the forum once some weeks ago - the small bit of browsing I did made it appear to be mostly U.S. army lads talking about guns, I backed out quietly :cool:

Is there a "We're Not Dead" podcast when each part of an episode is released? Or after each episode (3 parts)?

Thanks for the info anyway, I'll go and check it out. I looked at the forum once some weeks ago - the small bit of browsing I did made it appear to be mostly U.S. army lads talking about guns, I backed out quietly :cool:

We're not dead is recorded every Tuesday in America. So it's usually out here on Wednesday morning. it's delayed this week due to one of the hosts (Brittney) mic being broken. It's due to be recorded tonight and released then. Should be out tomorrow morning.

The forums got an upgrade on Monday. New look and friendlier feel about them. No talk of guns.... yet. Check them out again. Tis not bad.

• Advertisement

nice one Andy, im off to listen to "we're not dead" now
    it can act as metadone until my next "we're alive" hit

Heh - using it the same way. At least now I can get 2 new We're Alive-related bits to listen to each week they have a new Part published. It was neat to hear Jim Gleason, aka Michael, just hangin' out and talking about the story, etc.

Funny - I'm glad I'm not the only one
    That hates Kalani!!!

Chapter 18 Part 2 just posted. :D

EDIT: Man I wish these were longer. The new one is good tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Am trying to avoid listening to the newer chapters as I am waiting on the second boxset to come out with chapters 13 to 24 on it.:mad:

I have the first boxset with the first 12 chapters on it and the difference between the podcast chapters and the cd chapters is pretty big in terms of sound quality, music, sound effects and longer chapters with more actual story.

Part 3 of Chapter 18, No Place Like Home, will be posted today and that completes Chapter 18!

EDIT: It's posted now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Have to say big thanks for this thread. Not a regular visitor to the ZS forum, but started listening to this podcast and am hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

chapter 19 pt 1 is available for download now!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

started listening and im hooked

started listening and im hooked

lucky you! im up to date with them and wish i had the whole lot to listen to from brand new :)
    Chapter 19 pt 2 is out since monday btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

• Advertisement

Part 3 of Chapter 19 should be up in just a few hours!!! VERY much looking forward to it.

Part 3 of Chapter 19 should be up in just a few hours!!! VERY much looking forward to it.

me too, they tease me with their releasing parts at a time!

Yeah - it seems to be 2 weeks w/ releases then 1 week off. Really they do a great job with the schedule. I know they aren't getting rich but they are putting out some great content.

Schedule: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/Calendar.html

Can you imagine this being broadcast on the radio like the old days? 10 oclock at night, maybe hop into bed with the clock radio on, drink of your choice in your hand.
    Darkened room and the volume up. Nice...
    Specially if they had whole chapters in one go, that would make about an hour.

I still listen to War of the Worlds every Halloween... one of the best bits of production ever. The old radio plays are awfully nifty and creative.

I still listen to War of the Worlds every Halloween... one of the best bits of production ever. The old radio plays are awfully nifty and creative.

is that the original one Dakota? where did you get it?

chapter 19 episode 3 is up

SUNGOD wrote: »
    is that the original one Dakota? where did you get it?

It's posted online in a few places - http://www.earthstation1.com/WOTW/The1938WarOfTheWorldsBroadcast.mp3

Thats not the best quality but it's still my favorite.

Chapter 20 - Part 1 just posted... Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Chapter 20 - Part 1 just posted... Enjoy!

thats what im listening to on the way home from work anyway!

Advertisement