Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Podcast - "We're Alive"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Yeah I dunno on that either. They may have some info posted on the website forum but I'm not sure. Will dig around when I get some time as I'm more than a bit curious too... will be listening to the newest release tday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

shall have a listen to this tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i e-mailed WereNotDeadPodcast@gmail.com and got the response below

"Thanks for your question! We answered it on the podcast, but the crew has said in the past that they plan on going for 3-4 seasons.

Hope that helps!"

we are in season two at the moment, season one(4/5/09) took 11 months then had a 4 month break before this current season started(23/8/10)

if all the seasons are same length and break its going to be around till2013/2014

Excellent - Nice SUNGOD. So from the reply I gather there is another podcast or something??? Not looked at all....

i took it to mean that it was mentioned on a podcast that obviously we have not heard, maybe one about the making of it.
    and if its not on the we're alive website then maybe the facebook page
    we will have to investigate further

• Advertisement

Neat wiki someone has put together. Dunno if it's fans or the producers. Just found it but have not looked through it much other than to remember who Skittles was. :)

http://zombiepodcast.wikia.com/wiki/We%27re_Alive_Wiki

found this posted over on the film forum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/arts/2009/06/090617_pontypool_audio.shtml

the radio play version of "pontypool"
    im only starting to listen now , i havent seen the film yet so looking forward to hearing it

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Quite intrigued SUNGOD. Please let us know how it turns out. Just read the synopsis of the movie and it seems like quite the watch, so hopefully it seems like quite the listen.

Let us know anyway :)

Seriously - Pontypool was one of my favorite movies by half way through watching it. I positively LOVE the movie. I can't explain why exactly.... Its a small production where all the $ didn't go into special effects. Most of the movie takes place in a radio dj booth. It's not overly crazy or anything and I like the idea of the Z's.

THANKS for this SUNGOD - can't wait to check it out!!!!

just finished it
    really enjoyed it, it deffinitely helped that i had not seen the film which ment i knew nothing about the story or its take on the vitus/infection.
    will have to check out the film now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm excited to get home and have a listen! :)

I LOVE
    the guy in the chopper which is really a car. when they have him on the phone... man. For sure my favorite parts.
    :D

On the 4th Chapter of We're alive, this is fantastic!

allanb49 wrote: »
    On the 4th Chapter of We're alive, this is fantastic!

im jealous, i'd love to still have 14 chapters just waiting for me to listen to them rather then now having to wait every week or two for a new episode..:(

really addictive stuff and fantasticly well produced/acted etc

SUNGOD wrote: »
    im jealous, i'd love to still have 14 chapters just waiting for me to listen to them rather then now having to wait every week or two for a new episode..:(

I know what you mean. Killed the time for meself and one of the lads in work. Was great listening to it. I decided I was going to wait until a full chapter was released to listen to them. Now I can't thanks to the new fan podcast. I need to listen to that now, so need to keep up to date with We're Alive :rolleyes:

Still though, listened through them all twice so far, might be on for a third play through sometime. :)

Also I was going to watch the Pontypool film tonight, from your experience, I think I will listen to it first. Downloading for the iPod now.

Cheers for the find ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

Looks good. It all on itunes btw people!

Pontypool was good stuff even tho I had seen the movie. The end was different but I had no problem with that. Parts were actually better in the radio play and I liked that it had a War of the Worlds-feel.

From what I gather they just reedited the audio from the movie into a shortened version for the radio play. No idea if that is actually true but all the voices sound the same as the movie from what I remember. Really not sure tho.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Pontypool was good stuff even tho I had seen the movie. The end was different but I had no problem with that. Parts were actually better in the radio play and I liked that it had a War of the Worlds-feel.

From what I gather they just reedited the audio from the movie into a shortened version for the radio play. No idea if that is actually true but all the voices sound the same as the movie from what I remember. Really not sure tho.

I think you're spot on there. The same actors in the movie are credited with the Radio Play.

seen as we are OT anyway.
    i finished "Dead set" yesterday, i enjoyed it nothing groundbreaking about it but a good twist been set in the big brother house.
    funny how most zombie films have at least one "bad" human who has no regard for anyone only himself and by his selfish actions cause some "good" survivors to be killed. summed up by the line in aliens(ok i know its not a Z movie).."I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them ****ing each other over for a goddamn percentage"..

probabily didnt need a spoiler but better to be safe

SUNGOD wrote: »

Is it still going or is it finished and whats up is all of it :D

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    Is it still going or is it finished and whats up is all of it :D

still going on, its up to chapter 17 now.
    chapter 18 of it is out on jan 24 .it will be around till 2013/2014,

wow, 3 more years at most.....

Just listened to Pontypool there. Very intresting and creepy. I really liked the end of it
    where he was sucumbing to the virus. Paper, paper, paper, paper.

Good stuff. Going to watch the movie after work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

About Pontypool - can someone direct me on how to find it for download to an mp3 player?

I searched on itunes and I can't se it - just the film. Any help appreciated - suffering serious withdrawal symptons after "catching up" to the latest "we're alive" episodes.

I have it on MP3. If you want you can PM your email address and I can tell you how to get it

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I have it on MP3. If you want you can PM your email address and I can tell you how to get it

This site: http://www.sffaudio.com/?p=10025 says you can find an mp3 download at: http://radioarchive.cc/

I can't verify that tho as I can't get to the site from work for some reason.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    This site: http://www.sffaudio.com/?p=10025 says you can find an mp3 download at: http://radioarchive.cc/

I can't verify that tho as I can't get to the site from work for some reason.

Yea thats where I got it. Took ages to get. Sent it to him anyways :)

My way is much easier

AndyKiely wrote: »
    Yea thats where I got it. Took ages to get. Sent it to him anyways :)

My way is much easier

DOH! Didn't see you had already replied Andy. :D

haha no probs. Happy to spread the word anyway I can about Zombies. We all need to be prepared :P

• Advertisement

New Chapter 18 Part 1 was posted Monday. Part 2 follows next Monday.
    Man - I HATE cliffhanger endings!!!!

Advertisement