Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zombie Podcast - "We're Alive"

Options
  • 15-12-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

Started listening to this podcast and I am hooked... It's very well done and the story is called "We're Alive". It is very similar to the old radio serials like War of the Worlds but it uses a number of actors instead of one person reading the story.

I'm on Chapter 6 so far and feel it's quite well done. Check it out and see what ya think:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/DirectDownloads.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

nice post, like an audio book in a way. im starting to listen to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

first part has drawn me in, good find :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

just heard the secound one.

Did you have to run over the commander?

Um, he got in the way.

L.M.A.O.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Just about to the end of chapter 7... other survivors in the city discovered and the group starts to figure out how/why the Z's can find them. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Wow. Just gave it a shot for a listen. Just awesome! Gonna go through it all now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Goodoak wrote: »
    just heard the secound one.

Did you have to run over the commander?

Um, he got in the way.

L.M.A.O.:D
    are you shitting me? your one of those people that go to films you have already seen and shout the ending arent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

FatherLen wrote: »
    are you shitting me? your one of those people that go to films you have already seen and shout the ending arent you.
    Don't be silly thats not the ending. it ends when the aliens arive.:D

FatherLen wrote: »

Ummm.... what he posted really has nothing to do w/ the story. Just sit back and enjoy the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Ummm.... what he posted really has nothing to do w/ the story.
    yeah i know

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

"And now a message from our sponsor..."
    "Brought to you by Jim Bob Fish Tanks. For all your fish tank needs."
    :D

This is very good, I listened to the first two episodes and I'm hooked. It deserves all the sponsors it gets.

But as for the Real Estate Agent that also sponsors the show - if I used them I'd have any house I viewed associated with the living dead, I'd be sidling into each room looking frantically left and right.

• Advertisement

Wow..... Chapter 10 was a bit rough. Anyone else there yet? I went from nearly gagging to nearly crying in that chapter... good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Wow..... Chapter 10 was a bit rough. Anyone else there yet? I went from nearly gagging to nearly crying in that chapter... good stuff.
    Only on Chapter 6, have downloaded the whole lot though and will be listen to the rest on the drive home tomorrow. So far its been really good,
    the addition of smart zombies has really added something and not in the crappy way it was carried out by Romero.

Only on Chapter 6, have downloaded the whole lot though and will be listen to the rest on the drive home tomorrow. So far its been really good,
    the addition of smart zombies has really added something and not in the crappy way it was carried out by Romero.

Agreed on yer spoiler note... and it keeps getting better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

on chapter 2
    great find Dakota

chapter 7 now, its addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Thanks alot op. This is brilliant. Great find. :D

starting chapter 14 now for me
    dont want to get to chapter 17 when i have to wait for next episode

has anyone subscribed to any other podcast that are displayed at the bottom of "we're alive" page on itunes
    the "listeners also subscribed to" section

age of the zombies
    zombie chronicles
    zombocalypse

No I've not checked out any of the other Z-related podcasts. I'm still making my way through We're Alive. I'm halfway through Chapter 12 right now.

After I'm through this I plan on checking out some of the other ones.

im up to date on "we're alive" so will have to wait till jan 3 for chapter 17 part two
    so far its fantastic prob wont find anything else as good
    some of the others are just audio books and not drama's or pod casts that are not as long or as extensive as "we're alive"

starting on "age of the zombies" now

I'm caught up now too. Good stuff. Can't wait for Jan 3.

Age of Zombies worth checkin out SUNGOD?

its only OK, not a patch on "we're alive"
    its only 9 episodes long and is finished since early 2010
    i didnt finish it as i lost interest in it. if it had have been longer i would have persevered with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

have only listened a small bit , but im loving it :D

thank's op!

chapter 17 part 2 is in
    nail-biting stuff

SUNGOD wrote: »
    chapter 17 part 2 is in
    nail-biting stuff

No kidding...
    new survivors and finally some info on the radio stuff they heard.
    They sure didn't give ya much though - more waiting for the next release in a couple weeks!!

Dude. Any chance you can spolier that please. I know myself and a few mates aren't listening until the end of the chapter.

Sound

AndyKiely wrote: »
    Dude. Any chance you can spolier that please. I know myself and a few mates aren't listening until the end of the chapter.

Sound

Yeah no problem on spoiler note. Just not sure exactly what I gave away however... I'll be more sensitive in the future tho. Sorry bout that.

Yeah no problem on spoiler note. Just not sure exactly what I gave away however... I'll be more sensitive in the future tho. Sorry bout that.

Thanks for that buddy. Don't want to seem awkward. I just love going into the podcast without knowing a thing :D Never know what to expect ;)

I took a Z-break over the Christmas, and am only on chapter 7.

Just wondering - does anyone know if there is an official number of episodes they plan to do, if it was getting close to the finish I might wait rather than catching up and then an enforced break...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Downloaded all the podcasts up to chapter 17 after listening to 1.1, should make for a few enjoyable bus journeys.

Thanks OP.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Downloaded all the podcasts up to chapter 17 after listening to 1.1, should make for a few enjoyable bus journeys.

Thanks OP.

Except for that scene when they're on a bus heading for safety, and that zombie dude who snuck in the back suddenly...oh wait...I better not tell you any more :eek:

• Advertisement

Just wondering - does anyone know if there is an official number of episodes they plan to do,

good question, i had a quick look at the facebook page but cant find any info

two week wait for chapter 18 :(

Advertisement