Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I plan to. Thanks chaps.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mass Effect 3 will be free on PS3 to PS+ users in March.

Also, Sony said they have been working with Bioware to offer discounts on ME 2 and ME 3, details coming soon. Would like to try some of the ME 3 dlc packs but will wait to hear more about these discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3 will be free to PS3 users in March.

I assume you mean PS Plus, would be too good to be true otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Polar101 wrote: »
    I assume you mean PS Plus, would be too good to be true otherwise?

Woops, edited my post now. Yupp, just PS+ users. That and Sleeping dogs is worth the 15 euro for 3 months subscription as is, never mind all the other games you get as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

The final ME3 DLC's were announced today, the release date is a year to the day ME3 launched :)

As well as free multiplayer DLC - new classes etc..
    http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/21/mass-effect-3-citadel-reckoning-dlc-announced/

Assuming direct control of my wallet...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'll pick these DLC up. I enjoyed ME3 both singleplayer and multiplayer. Got a lot of DLC free which is nice. From Ashes DLC was okay, Javik was a good character with good dialogue, his side mission was alright. Levthian DLC was pretty good, fleshes out the story better. Omega was fairly average though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

omega was missing music... :( just seemed too quiet at certin points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

omega was missing music... :( just seemed too quiet at certin points
    I think they replaced all the music with elevators. Every 5 minutes there was a new one. Great way to flesh out the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ronanc1

Playing through mass effect 3 now after getting the trilogy at christmas, think ill download that extended ending just so i wont end up disappointed even more when its all over :(

Saw a pic of the new Geth Juggernaut last night.... All i can say, is I want...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpLA2eWVSrYtn8V_lR-SUweRhKBhuJ1PtHRfCeZgvLbopntuB2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Reckoning free multiplayer DLC official teaser trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dunno about you....but I saw Omni-Crossbow....best DLC ever confirmation!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They could make an open world RPG with all the multiplayer content they've come out with.

Space Skyrim. Get on it Bioware.

and all free at that too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was that a good Collector at the end? Maybe a super rare player character?

the only UR character is the cabal turian, and the collector is an " awakened collector" adept...it was glanced over on the preview last night, no ideas on powers for it, the devs didnt want to answer questions on it...

Though it seems the geth juggernaught cant be sync killed :D

Using the batarian gaunlet gear type on a volus is just down right ammusing.

Details from a NeoGaf post here:
    Characters

Geth Juggernaut Soldier: Huge Geth unit. Cannot dodge or take cover. Cannot be staggered. Powers: Assault Pulse, Hex Shield, Geth Turret.
    Turian Cabal Vanguard: Female biotic Turian, as introduced in Omega. Biotic abilities for dodge. Powers: Poison Strike, Nightshade Blades, Biotic Focus.
    Alliance Infiltration Unit: EDI-like cyborg. Can uppercut because reasons. Powers: Tactical Cloak, Snap Freeze, Repair Matrix.
    Krogan Warlord Sentinel: Gigantic hammer wielding Krogan. Cannot take cover or dodge. Rage regenerates health. Powers: Tech Armour, Biotic Hammer, Electric Hammer.
    Talon Mercenary Engineer: Human mercenary armed with a tech bow because 2013 continues the "Year of the Bow". Powers: Trip Mines, Armor-Piercing Arrows, Concussive Arrows.
    Awakened Collector Adept: Yes, a Collector. Assumed to be controlled by Leviathan. Powers: Dark Sphere, Seeker Swarm, Dark Channel.

Weapons

Geth Spitfire Assault Rifle: A portable Geth Gatling gun.
    Venom Shotgun: Explosive round firing shotgun. Charge to have rounds fragment into more explosives.
    Lancer Assault Rifle: New assault rifle.
    Blood Pack Executioner Pistol: One-shot-per-clip high damage Magnum-like pistol.
    Chakram Launcher Assault Rifle: Explosive disk launching rifle.
    Blood Pack Punisher SMG: Heavy submachine gun, good against armour.
    Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle: Electric based rifle. Shoots travelling electrical rounds (no hitscan).

Equipment

Geth Scanner: Enhances radar
    Assault Rifle Ultralight Materials: Lowers weight of assault rifles.
    Pistol Power Amplifier:
    SMG Power Amplifier:
    Shotgun Ultralight Materials: Lowers weight of shotguns.
    Batarian Gauntlet: Replaces any class heavy attack with the Batarian's falcon punch. Looks great on a Volus.

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/details-on-mass-effect-3-s-final-free-dlc-pack-reckoning-246973.phtml#optk9k0dYTQUJeef.99

Oh, and a little rundown of the base and DLC content over the past year:
    Mass Effect 3: Multiplayer (no DLC)

18 characters (+male/female variations for humans) across six classes
    33 weapons
    24 weapon mods
    14 consumables
    6 maps
    3 enemy factions (Geth, Cerberus, Reaper)

Total Added via Free DLC Expansion Packs

41 characters
    19 weapons
    7 weapon mods
    7 consumables
    7 maps
    6 hazard maps
    1 difficulty: platinum
    1 enemy faction (Collectors)
    2 units to existing factions (Cerberus Dragoon and Geth Bomber)
    2 game objectives
    38 gear
    Challenge system + banners

the geth scanner isnt a radar per say, it gives geth vision (See enemies through walls) without the buffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Downloading this now on the 360 ( 157 megs ).

PC release should be in a few hours... thankfully on an early shift in work today and have next Tuesday off :D

• Advertisement

should be around 6 or 7 i think, have saved a heap of credits for the new classes :)

I've just let this game die to me. I lost ME1 and 2 and allll of my saves and I just don't have the heart to start again.

By the time I get around to it the multiplayer community will probably have dwindled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Just got ME3 today. First Origin game Ive played. Load DVD > Install > Enter CD-Key > Download Game

Sorry? I have the game on disk, I don't want to download 10gigs worth of game thanks.

No theres no way around it Im afraid

FÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚCCK YOU EA!

Agricola wrote: »
    Just got ME3 today. First Origin game Ive played. Load DVD > Install > Enter CD-Key > Download Game

Sorry? I have the game on disk, I don't want to download 10gigs worth of game thanks.

No theres no way around it Im afraid

FÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚCCK YOU EA!

I got Crysis 3 and didn't have to download the game.

I'm pretty sure I didn' have to do it with ME3 either.

Check your settings.

I think it just runs the install off the disc anyways, having the installer run through Origin means they only have to make one that covers both download and disc.

How long did you leave it to download before the "Funk Yous EA" came spilling out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Finished it last weekend. Ending was a bit of a downer but nowhere near as bad as I expected.
    The multiple choice thing is stupid. I went for the destroy option as it seemed the only one which would make sense with the Shepard character.
    Maybe it was more the fact that it's over. I'm definitely tempted to see if I can beat the trilogy on higher difficulty now.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I think it just runs the install off the disc anyways, having the installer run through Origin means they only have to make one that covers both download and disc.

How long did you leave it to download before the "Funk Yous EA" came spilling out?

Nope, if you make the mistake of installing Origin first and entering the activation key from your DVD box, the disks effectively become frisbees. The only official way is to download the game. This is apparently an issue thats been known since release and theres no answer to it from EA.

What actually works (thank fúck) is if you unzip the contents of the dvds to your installation folder manually, delete some cache files, and make everything non read only. Then when you restart the downloader it skips to 99%

Pretty cat to have to go through all that though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Agricola wrote: »
    Nope, if you make the mistake of installing Origin first and entering the activation key from your DVD box, the disks effectively become frisbees. The only official way is to download the game. This is apparently an issue thats been known since release and theres no answer to it from EA.

What actually works (thank fúck) is if you unzip the contents of the dvds to your installation folder manually, delete some cache files, and make everything non read only. Then when you restart the downloader it skips to 99%

Pretty cat to have to go through all that though
    That's what I did with all the DLC when moved to Win8 from 7. I just copied all the DLC folders across to the new drive. I do get an error about DLC when I start up but it won't tell me which and everything works fine.

EA are a joke. Despite actually paying for the DLC for ME1, after I lost the downloads I had to resort to slightly more illicit means to get it back because neither EA or Bioware provide a working download outside of Origin where my only option is to buy it again. Had similar issues with ME2 not installing. I love the ME series but god help anyone who runs into issues with it.

looks like the multiplayer dlc for pc is delayed :/ lame.. was looking forward to it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

Kiith wrote: »
    Was that a good Collector at the end? Maybe a super rare player character?

It's being "assumed control of" by
    Leviathan
    Sort of an awesome way of making them playable actually

Advertisement