Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Reckoning is up on Origin now, 200 MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the "good collector" is an adept, and a pretty decent one, bit squishy.. but then it is a feckin' insect..

the geth Juggernaut soldier is a P O W E R H O U S E ! cant use cover, cant sprint, it's a big fat walking tank, with sentry turrets and a mobile shield! haha, best class ever!

The talon merc's tripmines are brilliant, variant of the volus recon mine without the scan thingie.. the model is Zaeed without Zaeed's face, looks badass, but it's a squishy engineer. That's all i've managed to play, loving the geth prime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

the collector adept is crazy powerful if used right, the Juggernaut is fun, all be it a bit squishy for its lack of sprint/cover...The batarian gauntlet on a volus vanguard is just down right amusing...

The suppressor pistol, very accurate over long range, the executioner pistol packs a punch, but only has 1 bullet per clip and alot of kick back. Got the edi bot before logging out last night, will have to try that tonight.

Oh and the talons bow, is considered melee damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Agricola wrote: »
    Just got ME3 today. First Origin game Ive played. Load DVD > Install > Enter CD-Key > Download Game

Sorry? I have the game on disk, I don't want to download 10gigs worth of game thanks.

No theres no way around it Im afraid

FÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚÚCCK YOU EA!

I made this back when ME3 was first released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peYnFEtK_Q4

• Site Banned Posts: 1 DarkNinga

Do you guys like ME3 than ME2 .
    I like MF2 more than ME 3 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

SB2013 wrote: »
    I made this back when ME3 was first released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peYnFEtK_Q4

Haha, and your video was the very one that sorted me out. Cheers man. Nice to hear an Irish voice instead of some annoying American 15 year old for a change too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just finished this and am absolutely disgusted with bioware, I did every side quest and still didn't get the perfect ending
    Shephard died
    . I have zero interest in multiplayer and I shouldn't be forced to. Raging.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just finished this and am absolutely disgusted with bioware, I did every side quest and still didn't get the perfect ending
    Shephard died

You're not forced to, it's entirely optional.

Promoting from co-op mp increases your single player galactic readiness rating but the single player game doesnt require you to play MP to achieve any of the endings. You can do it all in single player.

You're not forced to, it's entirely optional.

Promoting from co-op mp increases your single player galactic readiness rating but the single player game doesnt require you to play MP to achieve any of the endings. You can do it all in single player.
    Incorrect, my effective military strength was around 2700 after completing every quest possible , 5000 is needed for the best ending which is only achievable by increasing your readiness rating in multiplayer.

You're doing something wrong or missing a huge part of the game if your score is that low. Besides the 5000 MR was reduced ages ago to 4000 or even less.

Honestly, ye dont need to do MP, nor have you ever for ME3 man.

Where are you getting this info from btw? it's completely wrong.
    Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War is an optional gameplay system in Mass Effect 3 that will allow the player to manage Commander Shepard's resources in the galactic war against the Reapers. Galaxy at War directly affects the state of the war effort in single-player, and can determine how the final confrontation of Mass Effect 3 plays out.[1][2] Access to Galaxy at War requires an Online Pass which is included in new copies of Mass Effect 3.

from here http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3:_Galaxy_at_War

I completed the game with no dlc and not having played any multiplayer for the first time last year shortly after release and got all of the endings. Since then the GR rating has been dropped from what it was @ 5000 to 4000 or less. Also, if you're playing with DLC you'll get more war assets anyway. It is easier if you play multiplayer co-op, but like i said.. i've done it without before and it was easy enough, and i missed a load of stuff that i'd only noticed the second time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Shephard died

And play multiplayer. It's brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You should try the multiplayer. I'll admit that i was pissed when i heard they were including mp, but once i actually got my hands on it, i loved it. Had my effective score to 100% before i even really got into the single player. And not because i knew what that did to the ending, but because it was actually really enjoyable.

yeah, if you're on PC today at all, add me on origin

sprucelee76

I've no problem powering you through a few bronze, silvers or golds

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Apparently you couldn't get the ending where Shepard survived without playing a small amount of multiplayer before the extended cut was released. But thats fixed now.

Also the multiplayer is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Usually hate multiplayer myself but I really enjoyed it in ME3.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The reward system in it is like crack.
    With like 200 weapons and 10 levels for each, without even mentioning other characters, mods, armour modules etc, you keep on wanting to play it.

I might actually give it another go at some point. Even though I lost all my single player saves I presume my MP is tucked away safe and sound on a server somewhere.

should be, also you should have a free gift pack for multiplayer which contains a new character and possibly some of the new weapons if you've installed the new free reckoning multiplayer DLC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Azza wrote: »
    Apparently you couldn't get the ending where Shepard survived without playing a small amount of multiplayer before the extended cut was released. But thats fixed now.

Also the multiplayer is good.
    Am I right in thinking it's not available with each of the endings as well though?

Yeah Shepard can only survive if you select the destroy ending. The other 3 endings Shepard doesn't live.

if your rating is high enough he/she survives the control one..kind of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

You don't need to do the multiplayer to get the best ending. The only thing you have to do the multiplayer for is if you want to get every achievement in the game. The galactic readiness one, you have to do the multiplayer to get that. I got that over Christmas and I got it really fast. If I could remember how long it took, I'd have been measuring in hours, not days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

Spoiler tags would be nice for those of us who don't want to hear everything yet. :)

I have noticed that the geth juggernaught in mp seems to break banshees and husks, all the banshee is capable of doing is screaming at it...husks dont even bother hitting it....just stare at its knees. Everything else seems to be able to attack it just fine.

Incorrect, my effective military strength was around 2700 after completing every quest possible , 5000 is needed for the best ending which is only achievable by increasing your readiness rating in multiplayer.

Thats actually incorrect, you can hit it by finishing the game twice with a single shepard, you also get bonuses if the character was made and played through the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Gbear wrote: »
    The reward system in it is like crack.
    With like 200 weapons and 10 levels for each, without even mentioning other characters, mods, armour modules etc, you keep on wanting to play it.

It is a good system, a lot better than the ridged unlock trees other MP games have, where you have to grind out a class to unlock anything good.

Saying that, this wouldnt work for a competitive MP game, too big a chance of unbalance by chance, a new player opening a high power rifle while a veteran player has been constantly getting upgrades for their character skins or something.

Thats actually incorrect, you can hit it by finishing the game twice with a single shepard, you also get bonuses if the character was made and played through the entire series.

So without importing a character, it's impossible to do first time round without multiplayer. I'm right then.

its impossible to do first time around to get the best ending, regardless with a base copy, regardless of saves think its 7200 or so for that

However for those that havent played the other games, the dlc's help with that. But its also possible to construct save files for pc and xbox.

www.masseffectsaves.com is very useful for those that dont have either of the first 2 games.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    It is a good system, a lot better than the ridged unlock trees other MP games have, where you have to grind out a class to unlock anything good.

Saying that, this wouldnt work for a competitive MP game, too big a chance of unbalance by chance, a new player opening a high power rifle while a veteran player has been constantly getting upgrades for their character skins or something.

Definitely.

Of course there's no harm in having both.

A PvP mode could offer a choice of characters, weapons and modules but you don't have access to your full arsenal.

Some biotic abilities would have to be left out too.

ShaneU wrote:
    So without importing a character, it's impossible to do first time round without multiplayer. I'm right then.

Seems the developers can't win either way. They got an awful lot of flack from peoples who's opinion it was that decisions in previous games did not make much difference in Mass Effect 3. Now you criticize them because the first 2 games decisions do make a difference to ME 3.

Also whether its the best ending is an opinion.
    Some would consider the other endings the best possible ending, as in its worth sacrificing Shepard to save Edi and the Geth plus any other self aware machines in the galaxy. Plus you could also say Shepard sort of survives in 2 of the other endings but just not in his/her physical form.

• Advertisement

I'm actually streaming a few gold credit runs with the Geth Jugger if you're bored enough to have a look.

Or ye can join me.. be warned though i'm not using a headset so you'll hear keys being mashed and probably some other things you're not supposed to hear :D

http://www.twitch.tv/sprucelee76

same username on origin if you want in :)

Advertisement