Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

what kind of build are you using for the jug? I haven't found one that works well on gold yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Blasted Origin. I said I'd reinstall ME3 just for the MP but it takes all ****ing day to download things.

I just cancelled the Extended Cut dl. It's like a GB and was downloading at 25k for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Azza wrote: »
    Seems the developers can't win either way. They got an awful lot of flack from peoples who's opinion it was that decisions in previous games did not make much difference in Mass Effect 3. Now you criticize them because the first 2 games decisions do make a difference to ME 3.
    I played the first two games and had the entire crew survive (apart from the decision in mass effect 1 obviously) Unfortunately I lost the save and there isn't an option when starting a new game to let everyone have survived.

ShaneU wrote: »
    I played the first two games and had the entire crew survive (apart from the decision in mass effect 1 obviously) Unfortunately I lost the save and there isn't an option when starting a new game to let everyone have survived.

then go to the website i linked earlier, and choose the save that most closely matches your decisions and import it to me3

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

ShaneU wrote:

Loosing save files has happened to me on occasion as well, its annoying but hardly the developers fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

what kind of build are you using for the jug? I haven't found one that works well on gold yet.

Using a siege pulse build with 10% damage reduction per shot,which gives 40% DR. It's literally a Juggernaut. You can still die, but it's very hard to :D

the spec can be seen here in my characters/soldier/gethjuggernaut
    http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/characters/?name=sprucelee76&platform=pc

I really need to remove the hex shield and put those points into the sentry for shields or even the flamethrower :)

I wouldnt recommend sentry shields, they dont really fire much on the jug for some reason. Have been thinking of dropping the points i have in it for the "fitness" tree tbh, though the flamer would possibly be more useful.

Will have to try another build with it when i get home from work

The last build i tried is here > http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/characters/?name=tolari&platform=pc

[edit] its a new build without the hex shield.... had to go stand in the open vs collectors on silver to get my shields to drop below 30%... and munching on a single captain fixed that:D I will try a gold run after work tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there a good way to unlock the other races? I keep buying veteran packs to no avail.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

reserve packs, all the new races are rare or ultra rare, the chance of finding those in a vet crate is very low

yeah, reserves have a higher chance of unlocking new character kits, arsenal packs for weapons and premium spectre packs have an equal chance for either.

• Advertisement

Plus permium specters have a higher chance of UR's than the other 2 specialized packs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Adding the character packs and weapons packs definitely made it easier to unlock stuff. I had unlocked a load of characters from the reserve packs when i was playing recently. Way too random in the regular packs.

looking forward to citadel even more after seeing this

looking forward to citadel even more after seeing this

Any word on pricing yet?

I have none of the paid DLC.

You can buy 1600 or 1200 Bioware points and they're 16 and 12 quid respectively.
    To get all the story DLC that's €28 + whatever the new one will be - I'm guessing something similar to Omega. 40 is a bit steep. It'd be grand if they had sales or bundles like Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Played through it at launch and really enjoyed it, although I did feel that the ending did it's best to ruin things. However I haven't played any of the DLC and with the game being free on PS+ from Wednesday I'm thinking of downloading all the DLC and going through it again. Is it worth the effort and is the DLC better than it was in 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That Citadel DLC looks like a great way to top off the series, will check out the price tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd honestly recommend leaving Leviathan and Omega alone. They're fairly glitchy and Omega has one of the worst moments I've ever seen in a work of fiction. They add a bit to the galactic readiness thing but that's about it which is disappointing, especially considering the end of the Leviathan DLC.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Gbear wrote: »
    Any word on pricing yet?

1200 bw/ms points or $14.99

I said I'd get back into MP and but that was under the assumption that they had fixed the game.

Utterly ludicrous that there's still so many bugs in game a whole ****ing year later.

Nevermind. Back to Crysis 3 I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't bought any of the DLC yet. I'm waiting to see if they release a GoTY edition of Mass Effect 3 first. I wish they had held off on releasing the trilogy box set until after all the DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Hi lads
    is the trilogy worth getting for 49e? seen it on the website and i cant manage to find it in gamestop :/
    is 49e worth it for the trilogy? or could i just skip 1 and 2 and go to 3

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Hi lads
    is the trilogy worth getting for 49e? seen it on the website and i cant manage to find it in gamestop :/

It's definitely worth it. Aside from the fact that 2 is the best in the series, all three games are part of one huge over-arching story.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Hi lads

Just be aware that you'll not have access to the DLC unless you buy it separately.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

is dlc nessacery to buy for the story? or is it just extra

It's just extra. The main story is all there in the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, Bringing Down the Sky from ME1 is a good story, lot of meat to it but not really vital for the overall story.

Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2 is great, does add a lot to the plot and some threads spill into ME3. Arrival was meant to be a tie between the 2 games, I just watched the cutscenes online as its meant to not be that great gameplay-wise.

Not played Omega or Leviathan, but word is they are ok, nothing astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'd suggest playing all the ME1 and 2 DLC, if only to see how it changes things in 3. I don't think Bioware got enough credit for the way everything came together throughout 3, DLC and all.
    Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Not played Omega or Leviathan, but word is they are ok, nothing astounding.

I've only played Leviathan, it adds a fascinating element to the story and elaborates on one of the mysterious characters in 3. Worth a play, but maybe wait until it goes on sale. I'm going to run through Omega and Citadel together at some stage, then do my FemShep trilogy run in a few years!

I liked leviathan, plenty of lore there. Omega was a massive shootout, but i enjoyed it aswell :D

I actually like all of the DLC bar 'From Ashes' but even that in itself isnt too bad either, plus you get a freaky rastafari collector as a squadmate! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The single player Citadel dlc looks pretty cheesy, but damn i'd love to play it :P

It's the last piece of dlc, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    The single player Citadel dlc looks pretty cheesy, but damn i'd love to play it :P

It's the last piece of dlc, isn't it?

yup :(

Advertisement