Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gordoz

God I love this game. Only just started playing and it's addictive as hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I must say the multiplayer is surprisingly not bad, its quite enjoyable actually. Playing through again now as a sentinel, never really bothered with powers in the others, just went with soldier and shot everything. Feels totally different this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I must say the multiplayer is surprisingly not bad, its quite enjoyable actually. Playing through again now as a sentinel, never really bothered with powers in the others, just went with soldier and shot everything. Feels totally different this time.

For a truly different play experience, I would suggest a vanguard. Just remember, Biotic Charge regenerates your shields, so unless facing something very tough, like a Banshee or Atlas, you should be charging at every opportunity possible, with liberal Novas in between. I carry nothing but a pistol to ensure the charges can be fired off near constantly. Charged into a group of enemies too tough for you and now you're dying? Just charge into them again and your shields are back! This can work against something like an Atlas but you need to keep circling around it to avoid getting squished. There's also a bug where every now and then Biotic Charge simply will not fire and you die needlessly and it is absolutely infuriating, but that's rare enough.

God vanguards are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I dunno if it's been mentioned but there's a problem with spending your credits in multiplayer. I forked out 60k on one of the items in the "Store" where you buy your gear, and it took my money and didn't give me anything.

Apparently it's a known issue but they can't give me my credits back (about 2 hours worth of play).

Could be even worse because you can spend your "Bioware points" for those items and lose them aswell and they're actually representative of real money.

It's still fun though. Get a Krogan soldier and you can just run around the place punching anything and everything to death.

Yeah got that problem but i eventually got the item pack a few games later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

cloud493 wrote: »
    In single?

tumblr_m0t81zBP0D1qdlb43o1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332799659&Signature=YIVDCgs%2FN7EDPG%2F5Rm%2FZdTInvhM%3D

So very very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Okay, just finished the bit at Pavledin (or whatever you call that moon).

Best bit of the game so far for me - really love the Turians.

Just as a side:

The whole setting I was expecting from the game has completely changed (now bear in mind I am not very far in so no spoilers please!) but we were led to believe that Earth was being hit first and that all other races should help us to help them.

Now you find
    the Batarian were annihlated before Earth and the Turians are currently being bombarded to ****!

It was obviously a very clever way to market the game but I feel (ever so slightly) lied to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm enjoying it loads more than I intially thought. Biotic powers are mega :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

noodler wrote: »
    Now you find
    the Batarian were annihlated before Earth and the Turians are currently being bombarded to ****!

It was obviously a very clever way to market the game but I feel (ever so slightly) lied to!
    That was explained in the Arrival DLC for ME2

• Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Otacon wrote: »
    That was explained in the Arrival DLC for ME2

Ya, Shep's finger slipped and hit a renegade interrupt. He'll tell you the reapers did it tho :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was only one system that was destroyed in Arrival. The Reapers wipe them out at a later date. You'd think someone would have heard about the mass extermination of nearly an entire species.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Kiith wrote: »
    That was only one system that was destroyed in Arrival. The Reapers wipe them out at a later date. You'd think someone would have heard about the mass extermination of nearly an entire species.

Didn't the explosion wipe out their entire homeworld though?

Otacon wrote: »
    Didn't the explosion wipe out their entire homeworld though?

It was a colony, not their homeworld.

I would imagine that the timeline goes something like this:
    - Reapers appear in Batarian space, attack homeworld.
    - After a day 90% of the Reapers move on and start blowing up their next targets, leaving the rest to holocaust the Batarians.
    - Day 2, the Reapers arrive at Earth.
    - Day 3, Palaven.
    - Day 6, Thessia.
    etc.

Just a vague impression from playing it.

And then the Reapers stopped doing anything on Earth while i went around finding Artifacts for random people on the Citadel. Which was nice of them.

Kiith wrote: »
    And then the Reapers stopped doing anything on Earth while i went around finding Artifacts for random people on the Citadel. Which was nice of them.

Uhm, no, they were killing millions of people every single day by abducting them from the surface, herding them into harvester ships and then systemically melting them into goo. Don't you read the codex? There was the equivalent of the holocaust every three days that you delayed attacking Earth.

I didn't read it...was too busy collecting Artifacts :pac:

No, i knew that. It's just always funny in games like this when, as Anderson puts it, "every minute the reapers are here, more innocent people are dying" and then i go and take as long as possible to actually try and save the world. Taking your time almost never matters.

Except that one time in Mass Effect 2 where I was like "Time never actually matters in computer games" and then I find my crew all melted.

Zillah wrote: »
    Except that one time in Mass Effect 2 where I was like "Time never actually matters in computer games" and then I find my crew all melted.

Oh yeah...i'd forget about that :D Also, Deus Ex: HR and
    the hostages that died while i was sneaking through vents in my workplace
    . Was a slight bummer when that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing ME3 last night and I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of the game. I stopped for a while to play some multiplayer to get my GR rating up to 100% and jumped back into the story. I had just fought my way through
    the Cerberus station
    and was about to enter the door at what I guessed was the end of the mission.

So I pressed the button to open the door and the game moves into a cut-scene and is autosaving. Then my PS3 froze up. Nothing was responding, not even the PS button so I had no option but to power it down. The PS3 didn't like that and when it came back on it had to check the integrity of the HDD. I was worried that my save file would have gotten corrupted. It felt like a very long wait while the counter slowly went from 0-100%.

I started up ME3 again and thankfully the save was still intact. I was nervous going through that door again but it worked fine the second time. This all happened late at night and delayed me going to be by nearly an hour. My wife wasn't too happy but I could hardly go to work all day today wondering if my save file was gone :p

Yeah thats happened to me a few times on the PS3 with ME3. Although it only took about 5 mins to scan the disk.

• Advertisement

Ya mine froze the other night on my insanity run. That integrity check sacares the sh*t outta me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yeah thats happened to me a few times on the PS3 with ME3. Although it only took about 5 mins to scan the disk.

Yeah, I've had it before and it was quicker the last time. It was much slower last night and at one point it was at 48% for ages. Thought it was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Zillah wrote: »
    It was a colony, not their homeworld.

I would imagine that the timeline goes something like this:
    - Reapers appear in Batarian space, attack homeworld.
    - After a day 90% of the Reapers move on and start blowing up their next targets, leaving the rest to holocaust the Batarians.
    - Day 2, the Reapers arrive at Earth.
    - Day 3, Palaven.
    - Day 6, Thessia.
    etc.

Just a vague impression from playing it.

It kinds blows the whole "The Reapers won't stop at Earth..." argument to bits though, doesn't it?

"Eh...they didn't START with Earth Shepard!"

ME3 is a bitch for freezing up the PS3 (not as bad as Fallout but they are the only two games that do it regularly for me). I hate forced resets.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Started my insanity playthrough today and so far it seems easy enough though I know that last mission is gonna be a b****. Anyway how are others finding it and does it get a lot harder farther in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Kirby wrote: »
    I realise she was a fan and it's good business for IGN and EA alike, but it was a bad idea and they shouldn't have done it.

The problem is....she can't act. Her voice is so leaden and dead-pan. It's very distracting.

Not to mention the way Diana Allers dresses you'd think she was rejected from Jersey shore

Just heading to Palaven (sp) in insanity, not too bad so far but I have yet to fight a Brute or Banshee so we'll see.

What is everyones favoutite AR? I'm using the geth pulse rifle, is there a better one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Just got my Mass Effect 3 plat tonight :D and I found this game to be much easier on Insanity than Mass Effect 2.Also had the system lock up when I was leaving multiplayer tonight ( has done that a few times in the last few days ) .

Clover wrote: »
    Just got my Mass Effect 3 plat tonight :D and I found this game to be much easier on Insanity than Mass Effect 2.Also had the system lock up when I was leaving multiplayer tonight ( has done that a few times in the last few days ) .

Congrats Clover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Thanks sheehy , enjoyed the two play-throughs , used the Phaeston alot and then added the M-98 Widow towards the end for some extra punch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The Geth rifle does more damage but I didn't use it as it just feels off. I liked the feel of the phaeston even though it's not as good.

Advertisement