Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Geth Pulse Rifle with maxed out Incendiary Ammo (Explosive Burst) was an absolute beast for me, especially against Reapers. Brutes would be dead almost before i had to reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What bonus power do ye use? I wonder if Incendiary ammo is a bonus power? I'm using energy drain but it's useless. I'm finding using my Black Widow X is tearing through enemies so gonna stick with the sniper mostly for the rest of my run so fire ammo with that would def help.

I used Slam for most of my first playthrough. Was handy as a Vanguard. Will pick Carnage next time.

I used Carnage through my 1st playthrough and it was class but it's too much like my Incinerate. Great using carnage on weak enemies, they explode into a bloody mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Finally decided to use to black widow last night, bloody hell its savage 1 shotting mostly everything and then i saw how long it took to recharge my powers, gah!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Have to say, Infiltrator with the Raptor and 200% power recharge speed is unstoppable.
    You can decapitate about 4 Assault Troopers before the time dilation wears off.

How do you get weapons upgraded to lvl X? Mine only seem to got to V.

Apparently the Geth Pulse Rifle shoots in a Sine wave pattern. So it starts slow, gets really fast and tapers off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Gbear wrote: »

How do you get weapons upgraded to lvl X? Mine only seem to got to V.

You have to import your ME3 save and start a second play-through and then find the weapon again to get a weapon to X.

If you had a weapon at V and found it again it will rank up to VIII automatically , then you just buy the last two upgrades.

Clover, I meant to ask you, how did you get the 5000 kills trophy? With one playthrough on normal and getting an MP character to level 20, I only have 2000 kills. Did you have to play a lot of MP to get 5000 kills?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Clover, I meant to ask you, how did you get the 5000 kills trophy? With one playthrough on normal and getting an MP character to level 20, I only have 2000 kills. Did you have to play a lot of MP to get 5000 kills?

After the second time I had finished the game and a fair bit of multiplayer I had around 4300 kills.

To get the last 700 kills I set up a private multiplayer game on bronze ( so I would get the kills ) and was getting around 75 to 100 kills each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just this moment finished ME3. Watching the credits role by now.

Have to leave this thread and head over to the spoiler thread. I'm curious to see what all the fuss is about. Right now I'm not feeling too angry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just this moment finished ME3. Watching the credits role by now.

Have to leave this thread and head over to the spoiler thread. I'm curious to see what all the fuss is about. Right now I'm not feeling too angry about it.

poor you...I was the same and by the time I left that thread I was ready to burn EA/Bioware to the ground.
    I think when you finish it you're just relieved that it's over
    and the galaxy saved
    You're not thinking about anything else until then boom....you start questioning afterwards why was the Normandy etc and the more you think about it the madder you get.

7/27 missions complete on insanity, much easier than ME2 insanity so far. It seems like the waves of enemies never end but my Black Widow x with perception and damage mods is making it fairly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Playing it last night and for some reason, sheperds eyelids dissapeared and you could see the entire eyeball of both eyes, pissed myself laughing for about 5 minutes. looked so bloody funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Clover wrote: »
    Thanks sheehy , enjoyed the two play-throughs , used the Phaeston alot and then added the M-98 Widow towards the end for some extra punch.

The Phaeston is an absolute beast against the Reaper forces. Great rate of fire and if you stick some damage mods onto it it tears through any type of enemy. Well impressed with that bad boy.

I might try that phaeston so. I'm barely using my AR at all and the geth pulse rifle is way too heavy or a gun rarely used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I might try that phaeston so. I'm barely using my AR at all and the geth pulse rifle is way too heavy or a gun rarely used.

Bear in mind I was a soldier, so weight didn't bother me too much. I used all weapons except the sub-machine gun, never bothered with those. Too inaccurate for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Using a Black Widow X and a Mattock X AR both with Incendiary ammo.

Find them really good...

Ye aren't dropping anything in one shot are ye? with the exception of the unarmored Cerburus guys and Husks?

I find it takes 2 or 3 shots of the Black Widow to take most shielded or armored enemies down on Insane. When it gets a bit hectic then I use Adrenaline and the Mattock to blast a few enemies away if they get too close.

Only one shotting unshielded enemies. If an emeny has a shield, it takes 2 shots with disruptor ammo but i use garrus and edi so I order them to use overload and then one shot the enemy. working fairly good for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm using Garrus, and Vega!

I find the more firepower the better!

Operation Raptor starts today. I figure i may as well promote my lvl20 Engineer and Infiltrator.
    The last multiplayer event for Mass Effect 3 asked players to survive all Reaper waves on silver difficulty, kill as many Brutes as possible, and extract to safety. The prize was a victory box full of random goodies and a powerful N7 weapon. The second event, codenamed “RAPTOR,” kicks off this weekend. Sadly, it does not involve dinosaurs.

This weekend the entire online Mass Effect 3 community is tasked with promoting as many characters of possible into their single player games. When you hit the level 20 cap with a character in multiplayer you have the option of porting them into your solo campaign as a war asset that will improve your galactic readiness and give you better odds against the Reapers. If the online community does this with 150,000 characters, everyone will get a Victory box filled with randomised goodies.

If you promote two level 20 characters you’ll receive an additional Commendation Pack. There’s no word on what they’ll contain this time. Maybe … dinosaurs?

The weekend task was announced on the Bioware blog, where they also note that “participants need to set “Upload Gameplay Feedback” to “on” in the online options to be able to participate in Operation RAPTOR.” The event starts at 5pm PST tomorrow, and will run until 5am PST Monday. Time to get levelling.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/29/mass-effect-3-operation-raptor-multiplayer-event-kicks-off-this-weekend/

• Advertisement

^Not available for PS3 users again :(.

This operation includes PC and Xbox 360; we are continuing to work with Sony to enable these types of Operations on the PlayStation 3 platform. We appreciate your patience, and we expect an update later this week regarding Operation Raptor and the PlayStation 3.

Update: Due to restrictions on the PlayStation 3 platform, we are unable to offer Operation Raptor to our PlayStation 3 users. We apologize for this inconvenience and we will continue to work with Sony to extend our weekend Operations to the community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

For anyone still on the fence - 35 quid in HMV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cloud493 wrote: »
    For anyone still on the fence - 35 quid in HMV :D

Not bad, picked it up for 40 today in gamestop. Just installing now, cans in the fridge for the evening ahead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I don't understand why PS3 users are left out if these special weekends. I thought the SEN was more open than Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Its open in terms of security!
    moray.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just went through a MP game with my adept after upgrading my warp with anti armour, 1st on game and brutes fell before my might.

can anyone tell me if you need a certain amount of assets to be able to clear the game? I don't want to get to the point of no return on insanity to find I can't finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I dunno did anyone else have this problem. It's only happened in the last few games.

In multiplayer my poor Vanguard has started bouncing all over the shop. He's hovering, bouncing up and down, disappearing through the floor, appearing back in some other random spot and generally spazzing out.

Anyone else see this sorta thing happen?

Gbear wrote: »
    I dunno did anyone else have this problem. It's only happened in the last few games.

In multiplayer my poor Vanguard has started bouncing all over the shop. He's hovering, bouncing up and down, disappearing through the floor, appearing back in some other random spot and generally spazzing out.

Anyone else see this sorta thing happen?

I had this happen to me once. Was stuck about 500 feet above the map for a while, then fell through the floor. Basically, was still in the game, and could be shot, but was totally useless.

We all died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

can anyone tell me if you need a certain amount of assets to be able to clear the game? I don't want to get to the point of no return on insanity to find I can't finish it.

You'll always be able to finish the game, just that it will be different* depending on the amount of assets you have.

*By different, i mean not.

Advertisement