Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If a very poor person/scumbag gets killed should it be made legal?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

CorkMan wrote: »
    What do you mean? When I picture "Harm" I picture an itinerant walking around with a hoodie up, nike sneakers, and his hand stuck inside his pocket holding his knife. Who'd slice you from head to toe for a Euro.

And you thing that people should be allowed to kill people they think are scum because some people are Criminals?

Vigilante Justice is not Justice.

Now I am going to step away from this thread before I say what I really think of You and Your 'Idea' and get myself banned.:mad:

Just do me a favor, In your mind replace the word Scum with Black, Apply your Idea and see what group of people you belong to.
    Do the same with the word Jew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

He'll be out in no time. Trust me.

Sadly, he already is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I am just pointing out the obvious. Do you think in Saudi Arabia/Qatar/India the rich get charged for harming the scum? Do ya?

What has being rich got to do with anything? This is the simple little detail you are completely oblivious to. You are also insinuating that the scum are not rich. WTF are you talking about?
    What do you mean? When I picture "Harm" I picture an itinerant walking around with a hoodie up, nike sneakers, and his hand stuck inside his pocket holding his knife. Who'd slice you from head to toe for a Euro.

Why that profile? Do all scumbags look the same? The only part of the crap you wrote above that fits a scumbag is the last part; "and his hand stuck inside his pocket holding his knife. Who would slice you from head to toe for a euro". The rest is utter crap.
    Come get me sugar, i'm right here.

I think you have a difficult time understanding posts...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Namlub wrote: »
    Either that or you think you're a scumbag and you deserve to be killed without any consequences. So I took a wild stab in the dark and went with the former...

scumbag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

wait

• Advertisement

Vigilante Justice is not Justice.

tell this guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

deman wrote: »
    And The Troll of the Year Award goes to....

CORKMAN!
    http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5165/capture2b01.jpg

wait

What has being rich got to do with anything? This is the simple little detail you are completely oblivious to. You are also insinuating that the scum are not rich. WTF are you talking about?

If you are rich in a load of countries, you can just bribe your way out of stuff. Regards, rich, only a smill minority of rich. The "top dogs"

Why that profile? Do all scumbags look the same? The only part of the crap you wrote above that fits a scumbag is the last part; "and his hand stuck inside his pocket holding his knife. Who would slice you from head to toe for a euro". The rest is utter crap.

Would a man in a business suit cut you? Unless if he is a professional hit man, I think not.

I think you have a difficult time understanding posts...?

Not really.

OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

:rolleyes: Huh!! That picture is CLEARLY not Biggins.

This is Biggins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

It's not psychological, it is just who they are.

If you are in favour if scumags, please say you are

Yes it is. There is no ''evil/bad/bold'' gene found in those who do ''bad'' things.

Nature v's nuture is a contencious issue among psychologists and scientists. I doubt you know what i'm talking about (you might google it and pretend though.)

In favour of scumbags?

No, you based your moral stance on the assumption that all poor people are scumbags and culling them may be for the good of society.

I'm making the link between poverty and crime because you are assuming that all poor people are ''bad''. Its not that simple is what i'm trying to show you. You're not the first person to look at this issue.

This is Biggins!

That's me clearly :cool:

Pass the cristal rachel, oh yeeeeah.

This is Biggins!

no! its this guy...clearly

BickNarry wrote: »
    Yes it is. There is no ''evil/bad/bold'' gene found in those who do ''bad'' things.

Nature v's nuture is a contencious issue among psychologists and scientists. I doubt you know what i'm talking about (you might google it and pretend though.)

In favour of scumbags?

No, you based your moral stance on the assumption that all poor people are scumbags and culling them may be for the good of society.

I'm making the link between poverty and crime because you are assuming that all poor people are ''bad''. Its not that simple is what i'm trying to show you. You're not the first person to look at this issue.

I do not assume all poor people are bad, I said this a couple of pages back. A good amount of poor people are alright, but the vast majority of scumbags are poor.

Can you tell me about the link between the poverty and crime please. Does poverty make people feel nothing in stabbing another person? Does poverty make people enjoy watching others suffer?

That's me clearly :cool:

Pass the cristal rachel, oh yeeeeah.

its "pash the cryshtal rachel" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My uncle worked in South Africa during the 80s, and whenever a person of high stature was killed it was looked into heavily. But if a very poor person was killed, there was no investigation the vast majority of the time.

Do you think that should be implemented here? It would be nice to see scum killers not getting a trial IMO.
    So South Africa in the 80s is to be the ideal for Ireland to follow?

The Cork blood seems to have thinned deplorably since the likes of O'Donovan Rossa, Terence MacSwiney and Michael Collins. Perhaps Cork should be the first bantustan under the new system? Hell, they could even use the PROC designation, save us thinking up a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So South Africa in the 80s is to be the ideal for Ireland to follow?

The Cork blood seems to have thinned deplorably since the likes of O'Donovan Rossa, Terence MacSwiney and Michael Collins. Perhaps Cork should be the first bantustan under the new system? Hell, they could even use the PROC designation, save us thinking up a new one.

Do not want, we're not all like this :o

If you are rich in a load of countries, you can just bribe your way out of stuff. Regards, rich, only a smill minority of rich. The "top dogs"

How does bribing your way out of "stuff" mean you are not a scumbag? You haven't a clue...

Would a man in a business suit cut you? Unless if he is a professional hit man, I think not.

Ah ok, so your suggesting we stick to those wearing business suits, because they are somehow immune from the actions scumbags take. Is it in the suit? The special scumbag reflecting powers. What if the guy what wears the suit also owns a hoodie and a pair of nike runners? What if a member of the travelling community wears a suit. Does wearing a suit mean it's less likely he will stab you. Does he have to be wearing the suit all the time?
    Not really.

I'm getting the impression you are having serious difficulties understanding posts.
    I do not assume all poor people are bad, I said this a couple of pages back. A good amount of poor people are alright, but the vast majority of scumbags are poor.

I said this a few pages back, I can't make it any bigger for you either, but...

WRONG
    Can you tell me about the link between the poverty and crime please. Does poverty make people feel nothing in stabbing another person? Does poverty make people enjoy watching others suffer?

You tell us, you seem to know all about poor people and scumbags.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Namlub wrote: »
    Do not want, we're not all like this :o
    We could have dual citizenship for those with a measurable IQ ... :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

BTW I saw lawfully cos 99% of crime abiden citizens don't commit crimes, never mind murder. It is normally when scum is on their property, or pushes them to harm them.[/QUOTE]

I apologise for being late to the party on this one! But the above post has me stumped. What exactly are 'crime abiden citizens'. Are they the grammatically challenged evil twins of law adiding citizens? I can't quite figure it out.

In the meantime I'm going back to making dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Doublin

I do not assume all poor rich/elitist people are bad, I said this a couple of pages back. A good amount of poor rich/elitist people are alright, but the vast majority of scumbags are poor those who look after number 1.

Can you tell me about the link between the poverty people who think the law & society rules do not apply to them and crime please. Does poverty exclusion/arrogance make people feel nothing in stabbing another person? Does exclusion/arrogance make people enjoy watching others suffer?

fyp, the middle majority will always suffer from the bottom (rob you for a Euro) and from the top (rob you for a Billion). I'm not 100% sure why, soft touch, won't complain, also self-centred..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Apolloyon wrote: »
    I apologise for being late to the party on this one! But the above post has me stumped. What exactly are 'crime abiden citizens'. Are they the grammatically challenged evil twins of law abiding citizens? I can't quite figure it out.

In the meantime I'm gong back to making dinner.

No, Cork man just has trouble spelling.

Normally I would err on the side of caution and assume dyslexia or something, But from the Evidence of this thread I think we know the real reason.

I'm sorry, I have to go away a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Poor people *and* scumbags only exist because of the flawed society we have created. So... no.

Also, what a stupid question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

ebixa82 wrote: »
    I know the OP is famous for starting retarded posts but this one has to be a new low..

I've read over it a few times and still can't figure out what the question is, and it's not just the fact that he has the grammatical capabilities of a cabbage that has been boiled for too long...

well the OP is from Cork, thats enough for me

Apolloyon wrote: »
    What exactly are 'crime abiden citizens'. Are they the grammatically challenged evil twins of law adiding citizens? I can't quite figure it out.

crime abiden citizen

That's it! Go with the nice ladies and gentlemen in the white coats OP. Enjoy your.....erm.........'holiday' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

cson wrote: »
    ???

So correct me if I'm taking you up wrong but essentially you want to legalize killing poor people - i.e. No criminal investigation into their deaths.

If that comes in nearly everyone in ireland will be gone soon the way its going here.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

MickBarry, I hope you didn't think the holocaust was right...

I'm not Mick Barry,for the second time.

And I don't know where you getting the hint that I approve of the holocaust from. I've read alot about it,and i still find it hard to believe. Hard to believe that people could do such a thing.
    BickNarry, do you think that South Africas system of the poor being uninvestigated in homicides and the rich being investigated is right?

No, i'm no a loony.
    It's not psychological, it is just who they are.

You clearly know nothing about psychology.

Rich people kill each other and feel nothing. Does their money make them enjoy watching others suffer?

Many scholars argue that poverty does not have a causal relationship to crime because there are countries in which poverty is very high but the crime rate is relatively low. Its down to how a society treats the poor that is the determining factor.

Ghettoization, the dismantling of the Welfare state, lack of social cohesion and social capital, poor education standards, poor health etc....

What i'm saying is the type of 'scumbag' you describe is a part of contemporary problems related with inequality. There have been strong Working class communities with low crime rates.

Knife crime,underage drinking,high rates of teenage pregnancy etc. they are linked to poverty, and are a modern phenomonen. Thats why i'm saying what i'm saying-the crime you mention is directly linked with the way we treat poverty. Its not an in-built thing to the poor.

• Advertisement

Is it for an education? If not, please stay there as long as possible ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement