Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G G2010 (F2000) Hunter Version Review [DISCUSSION]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hey Lefty, did you manage to get a sling for to suit..?

Also have you had semi auto issues with it, if so how did you sort them..?

Thanks in advance..

DP
    Hi Darth,
    I made my own sling for it as I like single points and wasn't gonna spend a silly amount on the Urban ERT one. As for the semi-issue, when I was changing the hop, I took out the gearbox to have a quick look and I just messed around with the cut-off lever and it was grand then.
    Ger:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Could you put up a picture of your sling please?

richieffff wrote: »
    Will do later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Hi Darth,
    I made my own sling for it as I like single points and wasn't gonna spend a silly amount on the Urban ERT one. As for the semi-issue, when I was changing the hop, I took out the gearbox to have a quick look and I just messed around with the cut-off lever and it was grand then.

Thats for that Ger, had a very similar isue with tavor at one point with same fix:)

richieffff wrote: »
    My camera has disappeared, will get those pictures up later, but it's not too different to the Urban ERT one.
    Thats for that Ger, had a very similar isue with tavor at one point with same fix:)
    No worries mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

My camera has disappeared, will get those pictures up later, but it's not too different to the Urban ERT one.

Alright no bother :p

IMG_1382.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    There you go. It's basically a strap with a D-ring and another strap to stop it moving around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Bit of a weird question lefty, but do you have a hard case and if ya do does the G2010 fit in it or is it too chunky to fit in it ?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Bit of a weird question lefty, but do you have a hard case and if ya do does the G2010 fit in it or is it too chunky to fit in it ?
    The hard case I have won't fit it with the hunter sight on it, but will without, I have one of the Swiss Arms one's aswell and it's a perfect fit.

Nice one man, and the swiss arm one, is that a hard case or a bag ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Nice one man, and the swiss arm one, is that a hard case or a bag ?
    Thanks
    'Tis a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭alanmc

Hey Lefty,

It's the Hunter version you got, right? Have you tried any other optics on it? I know the rail on the Hunter version is quite a bit lower. I was just wondering whether I should go for the standard version and bolt on my own optics. But, if the Hunter can accomodate other sights, then I'd get that. The integral sight cover makes it look excellent.

Thanks,
    Al.

Hi Alan,
    yes I got the Hunter version, I haven't tried any other optics on it yet, as I've found the sight to be brilliant and very clear. You may get an ACOG on the rail, but it's not as solid as the railed version. Evilrobotshane has the standard one with an ACOG and it looks really well. The Hunter Version is really designed for the integrated optic, but then again, you could be surprised. If you want to use different optics, get the standard version. If you want epic sexy and Gucci, get the Hunter.

Hi Alan,
    yes I got the Hunter version, I haven't tried any other optics on it yet, as I've found the sight to be brilliant and very clear. You may get an ACOG on the rail, but it's not as solid as the railed version. Evilrobotshane has the standard one with an ACOG and it looks really well. The Hunter Version is really designed for the integrated optic, but then again, you could be surprised. If you want to use different optics, get the standard version. If you want epic sexy and Gucci, get the Hunter.

I'm really in 2 minds. I kinda want the flexibility of putting a reflex or magnified sight on it. But then again, the Hunter sight just looks amazing. Great! Now I want both versions <sigh>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can add any optics you want on the Hunter version. The rail is shorter though due to the forward sling mount and top cover release button housing. The Hunter also does not have the rear flip up iron sight like the rail version. I see no reason why they left it out on the hunter version as you could get a front iron sight to match it, but it's just like the real thing in that way too. Either way its all good. The only issue would be if you wanted an EOtech or Aimpoint with a 3x/4x mag sight behind it, you would be stuck for space.

Here is a real steel with the optic removed and an aimpoint installed by a Polish SF member.

fn_f2000_l8.jpg

*Lefty checks again*
    Aimpoints and such would fit, should be the right height.
    The reflex sights I have would be down too low.

Hunter version it is so. Cheers lads.

You can just drop in a riser or spacer rail to add height to any optic you'd want to fit though. The 1.5x optic is nice and clear but it has a narrow FOV compared to the sight on the AUG, you can end up with a case of sniper eye with the Hunter sight I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

How durable is the sight cover.
    And what is sniper eye?

.22 Lover wrote: »
    How durable is the sight cover.
    And what is sniper eye?

The cover is very durable when fixed to the gun itself, there is a bit of flex in it when you take it off. Overall very well made. It wouldn't be a point of concern in the design at all imo.

Sniper eye is when you become target fixated with what's in the cross hairs and you lose your peripheral vision. Easy to happen with the F2000 I find because of the FOV of the sight and the relatively large housing around the optic itself as you look through it even though it has very good eye relief.

With the AUG's sight I find it gives better FOV and I find I can scan around the edges of my peripheral vision while still looking down the sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Took mine out today to try in a skirmish for the first time, had the rubber cover all taped up and the holes in the stock covered. Tested and fired it out the back garden.

Fired a few shots on semi then on auto, whistle blew for
    start of skirmish and went to squeeze the trigger and nothing happened. Zilch!

No motor noise, no weird sounds, absolutely nothing,
    checked the battery connector and changed battery and all looked ok but nothing happened when I tried to fire her.

I am hoping! its only something as simple as a fuse blowing (but that may indicate a problem elsewhere)
    Damn fuse does not seem to be accessible unless you take the gearbox out! which I could not do on the field!

So much for the great G&G reliability. :eek:

~B

Got myne today, what an AEG! The range is unreal, the ROF is good, trigger response is good too!
    When i take a shot on semi maybe 2 or 3 bbs come out (like a small burst) ? This happen with anyone else ?
    And the other thing is the stupid rubber butpad not staying on, myne wont even stay on a bit without falling straight back off lol
    I got the tan version, and its a much nicer tan then in the pictures!
    Overall very happy with the aeg, amazing piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

@Damo: For the rubber butt pad; you slide the butt pad on the gun from the top. So all you have to do is align the tracks up, and push down. It'll take some practise at first.

@Everyone else: Picked up my own one of these today - all I can say is if you don't own one yet...why the hell not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Got rid of my masada yesterday and picked up one of these. No regrets so far :D

Inari wrote: »
    @Damo: For the rubber butt pad; you slide the butt pad on the gun from the top. So all you have to do is align the tracks up, and push down. It'll take some practise at first.

@Everyone else: Picked up my own one of these today - all I can say is if you don't own one yet...why the hell not?

Now i getcha! Done it just there and its staying on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

That soldier is Belgian btw, not Polish... The Waffle guys use the fn2000 *runs*

A few thousand round later and she's still going strong, must be the only AEG I own that I know won't let me down. I keep pondering to change the barrel for a Madbull but I still haven't found a good reason to do so. I've been getting some deadly accuracy out of this. Crazy ROF on a 9.6V too and a lovely clean trigger response. Very happy with it still :)
    Also has a factor of "ooooh that's a different gun, must look/try to shoot" about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Mine had the spring that pushes the mag retention level thing into place fall out. Magazines wouldn't stay up in there because it'd release okay but not grab. It was out of action for the rest of that day, and I had to open it all right the way up to fix it, but it was an easy fix by popping in the spring from around the barrel of some AEG or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Mine does not work too good.

Fires a few shots on semi fires a few shots on auto then
    the whole thing goes dead. End up taking the gear box out
    and pushing down on an external bar on the outside of the gear box to reset things and horse it back in again, a few shots later same thing happens over and over again. Starting to piss me off now so Mr. Dremel may come out at the weekend and may start randomly butchering that little bar that seems to stay up instead of down to death.

~B

• Advertisement

bullets wrote: »
    Mine does not work too good.

Fires a few shots on semi fires a few shots on auto then
    the whole thing goes dead. End up taking the gear box out
    and pushing down on an external bar on the outside of the gear box to reset things and horse it back in again, a few shots later same thing happens over and over again. Starting to piss me off now so Mr. Dremel may come out at the weekend and may start randomly butchering that little bar that seems to stay up instead of down to death.

~B
    I had the same problem with mine for a little while, after removing and replacing the gearbox several times it stopped and hasn't had a problem since. I wish I could tell you what I did, but the truth is, I don't know.

Advertisement