Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G G2010 (F2000) Hunter Version Review [DISCUSSION]

Options
  • 04-12-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭

As per charter. Any questions ask away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They are sweet AEGs. One quest though. How do you find the fire selector? I have mine almost 2 weeks now and it's still very stiff, not as nice to use as the TM P90 selector which has a nice amount of resistance. I don't want to start taking it apart yet as it's only a niggling issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

They are sweet AEGs. One quest though. How do you find the fire selector? I have mine almost 2 weeks now and it's still very stiff, not as nice to use as the TM P90 selector which has a nice amount of resistance.
    I like it, I mean personally, I feel it adds to the whole solid feeling of the AEG. But hey, that's just me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Are there any brands of Mags that will fit it without needing any mods? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I like it, I mean personally, I feel it adds to the whole solid feeling of the AEG. But hey, that's just me:)

great review Ger and well wear with it ;)

Are there any brands of Mags that will fit it without needing any mods? :)
    G&G (surprise surprise:rolleyes:) and I think TM, not too sure to be honest, will let you know when I find out more myself Ronan :)

• Advertisement

Daz1214 wrote: »
    great review Ger and well wear with it ;)
    Thanks Daz, I must say I'm very impressed with it, haven't put it down all day...

must have just missed you over in Tony's today, was in at lunchtime

Daz1214 wrote: »
    must have just missed you over in Tony's today, was in at lunchtime
    I was out just before 12, ah well, how're the roads down your way anyway, think you'll be out tomorrow?

yeah, roads are good but i doubt ill be out, kinda broke this week thanks to that poxy thing called a mortgage

Put a silencer on it just to be silly and realised how quiet it is without the crack from the flashhider, its almost silent... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

Whats the rate of fire like on it?

Whats the rate of fire like on it?
    It's fairly decent, I'll get the chrono out in a sec and find out for you!

It's doing 15rps on a firefox 8.4v.

It's doing 15rps on a firefox 8.4v.

That's decent for straight out the box. Then again for €429 it would want to be :p

You should see and hear it on a 9.6, I don't have a crono but the rate of fire is the highest in my airsoft collection. This thing is a beast.

That's decent for straight out the box. Then again for €429 it would want to be :p
    Oh, it's a lovely piece, I know I keep saying it, but it is.
    It won't be stock for long, have a few upgrades planned for her.
    You should see and hear it on a 9.6, I don't have a crono but the rate of fire is the highest in my airsoft collection. This thing is a beast.
    It is, I just need to get the motor bedded in and then we'll be cooking on gas.

It makes the €500 Ares Tavor look like the biggest rip-off going. The G2010 feels better made and has better performance than the €550 PTS ACR out of the box.

The thing is a bargin at that price. While the sight is good, clear etc. It does fog up in this cold weather we are having, it was fogged up out of the box when I got mine. The whole gun was so cold you would almost mistake it for all metal except for the great texture finish on the polymer.

I plan on getting the rail version in the future. It's higher up and slightly longer than the rail on the hunter but it makes all the difference. Especially if you want to run an EoTech/Magflip setup.

It makes the €500 Ares Tavor look like the biggest rip-off going. The G2010 feels better made and has better performance than the €550 PTS ACR out of the box.

The thing is a bargin at that price. While the sight is good, clear etc. It does fog up in this cold weather we are having, it was fogged up out of the box when I got mine. The whole gun was so cold you would almost mistake it for all metal except for the great texture finish on the polymer.

I plan on getting the rail version in the future. It's higher up and slightly longer than the rail on the hunter but it makes all the difference. Especially if you want to run an EoTech/Magflip setup.

Hoping that they make a shotgun add-on for this tbhh, Splinter Cell Double Agent here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Really really good review Lefty. But you know what you must do, right? It is compulsary for you to puff out your bottom lip, tank up, throw on a beret and do an Expendables 'Barney Ross' loadout.

Splinter Cell Double Agent here I come!

/waits for the "F3000" from Conviction:D

btw: Chaos Theory is where it's at, the alpha and omega of the Splinter Cells.

• Advertisement

Inari wrote: »
    Really really good review Lefty. But you know what you must do, right? It is compulsary for you to puff out your bottom lip, tank up, throw on a beret and do an Expendables 'Barney Ross' loadout.
    Thanks Inari! :)
    Expect it in the coming days... Minus the beret, if you didn't earn it, don't wear it!

True that, i have used/held both the G2010 and the Tavor and i found the the Tavor very bulky and not a bit accurate but the G2010 is a different story altogether. I was just stating that the rate of fire/gearbox would both have to be fairly decent for the price you are paying for the gun. :)

True that, i have used/held both the G2010 and the Tavor and i found the the Tavor very bulky and not a bit accurate but the G2010 is a different story altogether. I was just stating that the rate of fire/gearbox would both have to be fairly decent for the price you are paying for the gun. :)
    The gearbox, as per usual G&G standards is great judging from what I've seen in other G&G guns, so this is no exception, can't wait to get my mitts on it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

G&G (surprise surprise:rolleyes:) and I think TM, not too sure to be honest, will let you know when I find out more myself Ronan :)
    Thanks mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

The gearbox, as per usual G&G standards is great judging from what I've seen in other G&G guns, so this is no exception, can't wait to get my mitts on it though :D

I'm pretty sure you know what you're doing, so we won't void the warranty if you want to open her up :)

Shiva wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you know what you're doing, so we won't void the warranty if you want to open her up :)
    *happy dance*
    Will be back down to you in a couple of weeks, I do believe you've some bits and pieces on the way for me :) Don't worry, I'll have mince pies and time for a chat this time! Time has been against us the past two times!

Oh, btw T. any word on the possibility of getting the short flash suppressor from G&G?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

@Lefty: I was unsure about the earning of the Beret, so I did a bit of research - the Black Beret (worn by Sly in Expendables) is standard for all army units. Wikipedia quotes it as of 2001, but you know what wiki is like!

e65c6b393d957a31ad8ba187980f978b.jpg
    Link on Wiki about black beret

Just thought it was interesting so said I'd share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Hi Ger was just looking at the photos of the gearbox and was wondering as the spring guide is threaded could you vary the depth that it is screwed in and lock it in place with the retaining cover
    Could you use this method as a means of fine tuning the FPS or does the cover have a shoulder on it and lock against the threaded collar that is held by the two halves of the gearbox shell

• Advertisement

DeBurca wrote: »
    Hi Ger was just looking at the photos of the gearbox and was wondering as the spring guide is threaded could you vary the depth that it is screwed in and lock it in place with the retaining cover
    Could you use this method as a means of fine tuning the FPS or does the cover have a shoulder on it and lock against the threaded collar that is held by the two halves of the gearbox shell
    You can fine tune the FPS with it indeed, it's a very good system.

Advertisement