Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman found guilty of rape in hotel toilet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Nozebleed wrote: »
    lovin this..Dublin-born Anne-Marie O'Loughlin (25) was convicted of two counts of digital rape and one of the deprivation of liberty of a woman at Caxton Hotel in Brisbane last year. In a police interview played to the jury, O'Loughlin said she had no memory of kissing the woman but admitted it was possible. She claimed it was not in her nature to force someone to have sex.

the last line is particularily funny.

Ahahahahahahahahaha, rape, classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭28064212

0O7 wrote: »
    so im right, a women cannot rape a man??? (thats what i said)

unless she has a penis?????
    Yeah sorry, you're right, wasn't thinking about it properly
    rape under section 4 isnt common law rape. a man can only commit "rape" the penis has to enter the vagina without HER consent.

rape under sec4 is different
    What's the difference between rape and rape under section 4?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭0O7

rape under Sec 4 can be on man or women,
    it can be penis or any other object put in vagina, ass or mouth....

common law rape is only penis and vagina where just the women didnt give consent....

under law a women cannot commit common law rape.
    im probably goin too deep into this, apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

After reading about this strange tale I have to say being a lady n all that I have never felt in anyway threatened in the ladies apart from the odd knacker beatch. Tis all very odd if it was myself in dat situation and since both ladies are from well populated areas so they both must have been somewhat streetwise I would have simply fought with all me might tp stop the assault. It just doesnt add up and I think there may have been a miscarriage of justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

what is it?
    i read in the article "digitally penetrated", haven't a clue what it means

1 for you and 0 for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

After reading about this strange tale I have to say being a lady n all that I have never felt in anyway threatened in the ladies apart from the odd knacker beatch. Tis all very odd if it was myself in dat situation and since both ladies are from well populated areas so they both must have been somewhat streetwise I would have simply fought with all me might tp stop the assault. It just doesnt add up and I think there may have been a miscarriage of justice.

so you reckon your wan was getting off on it at first but then realised her hubby was outside and panicked?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

I don't understand this.............where is the evidence? There is none as far as I can see, The dna doesn't prove it wasn't consentual

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Its Australia what do ye guys expect, im surprised i can read the article given there newspaper stantards there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dracula

http://johnckelley.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/rangoon_aerial1.jpg

Japs gone, extract digit

I can remember signing a petition to change the Irish law that a husband could'nt rape his wife , it's about power over a person :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

You reckon this could be a future storyline on Fair City :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

that's what she said

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

Digital Love by Daft Punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

This gives a whole new meaning to "The digital age" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

The court heard also heard evidence from the victim's husband who said he was extremely upset after his wife emerged from the toilets and told him what had happened.

Sorry he missed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Digital Penetration - definition[dij-i-tl] [pen-i-trey-shuhn]
    "A sexual act involving the insertion of a digital camera (most commonly a Sony CyberShot) into a sexual orifice"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

It sounds like the old badger con trick gone wrong.

I'm slightly shocked by the amount of people though who seem to getting off on this story and hiding it under the guise of humour. I couldn't sleep last night for the sound of fapping from all corners of Ireland. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Why was digital used for electronics if it originally meast your finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭tigger123

wexford96c wrote: »
    Dr. Zeus wrote: »

. Watch the movie Midnight Express - about jail in Turkey - eye opener!!!

How's a film set in Turkey relevant to this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Nevore wrote: »
    Why was digital used for electronics if it originally meast your finger?

Because digital also denotes numbers I would imagine. Probably came from counting on fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

I reckon virtual rape will be the next big thing, where a girl on a webcam forces you to finger your arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I reckon virtual rape will be the next big thing, where a girl on a webcam forces you to finger your arsehole.
    The police in Brussels investigated a rape in Second Life back in '07.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wexford96c

tigger123 wrote: »

How's a film set in Turkey relevant to this?!

Shows what jail is like in a foreign country when the establishment is out to get you. The Irish nurse is in jail in oz now - all for getting horny with a girl who was fine with it until her controlling hubby got all indignant about it and called the Police. Then she had to stand by a story that she didn't like it. Then the Ausies stick with their own in Court instead of throwing out the charges. The Barrister the Irish girl had must really suck at his job.

rape under Sec 4 can be on man or women,
    it can be penis or any other object put in vagina, ass or mouth....

common law rape is only penis and vagina where just the women didnt give consent....

under law a women cannot commit common law rape.
    I disagree. I shared a bed with a girl who was suppposed to be a platonic friend. I woke up and she was downtown giving me a bj......I told her to stop (she was my friend's gf) she ignored me.......then she just got on top and rode me.....all the time I was saying no.......only altrnative was to throw her off onto the floor - it was a single bed - then she would have claimed I injured her! So - bottom line - a woman can rape a man!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Shows what jail is like in a foreign country when the establishment is out to get you. The Irish nurse is in jail in oz now - all for getting horny with a girl who was fine with it until her controlling hubby got all indignant about it and called the Police. Then she had to stand by a story that she didn't like it. Then the Ausies stick with their own in Court instead of throwing out the charges. The Barrister the Irish girl had must really suck at his job.

All because...she was Irish?

Do you really think the Australian establishment is out to get Irish people and throw them into their prisons at a huge cost to the state?

Is it like some form of odd payback for letting the Irish Prisoners of the past roam around the outback doing hard labour for their freedom....their time is up, back in the cells now.

Skerries wrote: »
    so you reckon your wan was getting off on it at first but then realised her hubby was outside and panicked?

You have it 100% correct. Join the Police Force. You are a good detective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

I disagree. I shared a bed with a girl who was suppposed to be a platonic friend. I woke up and she was downtown giving me a bj......I told her to stop (she was my friend's gf) she ignored me.......then she just got on top and rode me.....all the time I was saying no.......only altrnative was to throw her off onto the floor - it was a single bed - then she would have claimed I injured her! So - bottom line - a woman can rape a man!!!

glad Im not ur friend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

cool story bro

bluewolf wrote: »
    It's good to know the old "she didn't say no so she must have wanted it" mentality is still alive and well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pray tell, how on earth is a person supposed to know that sex is consensual? As far as I am concerned - if the words STOP or NO aren't said - Sex is Consensual. Case Closed. Horny people can't read minds!!!!!!

WindSock wrote: »
    All because...she was Irish?

Do you really think the Australian establishment is out to get Irish people and throw them into their prisons at a huge cost to the state?

Is it like some form of odd payback for letting the Irish Prisoners of the past roam around the outback doing hard labour for their freedom....their time is up, back in the cells now.
    Either that or the Jury was too stupid to figure out that the only reason the Aussie brought charges was that her hubby called the Police and she had to support him or lose her gravy train!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Pray tell, how on earth is a person supposed to know that sex is consensual? As far as I am concerned - if the words STOP or NO aren't said - Sex is Consensual. Case Closed. Horny people can't read minds!!!!!!

So mute people are fair game then?

Hmmmm.

Advertisement