Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I left the Red Cow at lunchtime, it had been snowing solid for an hour before that. When I left there was about 2 inches added to what was there from the night before, I can only imagine what its like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Another lorry stuck on the East Link, utter utter madness!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anyone know if we will get ANYTHING in munster. Right on the west coast and really looking forward to something, but looks like it wont come:(

Midnight onwards supposedly. Saw a figure earlier (meteoalarm I think) that its due to fall for 7 hours into tomorrow morning.

It will be all be gone by lunchtime though once things warm up :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

i've seen better snow in the summer:D

i presume you spend the irish summer in antartica???

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Rynair 44 pilot going nuts... looking for duty manager cell number of the radio !! LOL !! Controller getting stroppy !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Any hope for South Meath? Dunshaughlin got another few inches this morning but nothing since about 9.30am. Not much thawing throughout the day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Wow! That stream in the Irish Sea has seriously beefed up looking at the 1730 radar. Dublin about to be buried altogether??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

hon79 wrote: »
    Long time stalker of this site, rare poster. In Greystones and am so disappointed, nothing here all day. I love the snow, love it, love it, love it. Wonder will there be any our way...it's supposed to be on the east coast...you can't get much easterly coasty than this?

It is very localised, you got a load the other day.

I think this band will give you something before it clears anyway, always gonna edge more N-S until 12am.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Never thought I'd see it, but Swords has had some great snow today. Must have gotten at least 2 - 3 inches in places over the day. And I see from the radar that more is on the way.

Left the office in Sandyford at 2pm today to head home. Whiteout on the M50 until the N4 exit but almost no traffic! Got to the airport exit of M1 and then into a tailback that took another hour to get to Swords. The R132 was lethal with glassy ice. Wheel spins and side slips abounded. A truck got stuck in the outer lane of the Swords bypass.

Bliss :)

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Wow! That stream in the Irish Sea has seriously beefed up looking at the 1730 radar. Dublin about to buried altogether??!!

Its crazy, mental already, there just isnt the words. The poor poor sods out in cars, a total nightmare!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

i presume you spend the irish summer in antartica???

:D:p:D:p:D

I might just do that nxt year seen as i've missed out on these blizzards:)

Temp is falling like a stone, cant believe it considering its not 6 pm yet, now at an unbelievable -7.5C.

The last time it went this low this quick ( last week) it had risen to -1.5 by 8 pm.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

5450.jpg

Dun dun dun

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

DarkJager wrote: »
    Midnight onwards supposedly. Saw a figure earlier (meteoalarm I think) that its due to fall for 7 hours into tomorrow morning.

It will be all be gone by lunchtime though once things warm up :D:D
    Well atleast its something :P
    And anyone know where i can get a big machine to keep the temps down :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    5450.jpg

Dun dun dun

Holy sheit......thats the nastiest looking setup all day.......snowmagadon

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Seems the day after tomorrow is. . .um, today :P

5450.jpg

Dun dun dun

hope the wind turns easterly, then arklow will get the blizzards:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ihavenoname

Could any of that hit Navan?! Havent got any all day! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Wow! That stream in the Irish Sea has seriously beefed up looking at the 1730 radar. Dublin about to be buried altogether??!!

Looks like a load of the white stuff for Dublin tonight

nonameg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭zoom_cool

Met eireann has just said we will get a further 5CM 2inches tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

5450.jpg
    Feckin Isle of Man Isle of pain in the arse more like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

5450.jpg

Dun dun dun

So which one hits Dublin, the one to the NE or the one SE??

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

del88 wrote: »
    Holy sheit......thats the nastiest looking setup all day.......snowmagadon

I don't think the airport is going to be open for very long look at that....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

if the wind was a tiny bit more easterly we would be getting plastered down here in wexford. Oh well. Had a nice bit all day.

Weathercheck and darkman etc get over to the forecasting thread and give your opinions for tonight and tomorrow. forecasting seems to die off once the snow gets here! :pac:

Don't know if this was posted, its pretty epic though!!

_50265949_uk_snow_dundeeuni.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Seems to have weakened a bit in the 17.45. Much harder to say with confidence if it will hit D15 :P Oh well, there's a big chunk just to the west of it, if it came down on the same kind of track as its sibling, we'd definitely be hit. CC will definitely be getting more for the next while though.

Take that Wicklow, Dublin stole your snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Went to mount leinster today, Road cant be seen, totaly impassible no matter what you are driving.(Spent over an hour digging the jeep ouit of the snow.

Back at ground level we have about a foot and a half , very weird looking out the window and seeing the ground so high up.

County wexford is officialy shutdown!

Supercell wrote: »
    Take that Wicklow, Dublin stole your snow!:P!

I think it followed you supercell........................now send it back this way:P

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Take that Wicklow, Dublin stole your snow!!

Time to change your location in your bio!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement