Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I can now see why it's been quiet here (d15). The winds seem to have gone very northerly, that northern streamer is now bang on target for the city centre...it must be getting pummeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Accoding to DCFM the Luas green line is back working

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

No let up on here in dundrum! Some amount here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jules88

its soo cold and im not even outside lol:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fair play Gardai!, the stuck truck is clear, now to play the pick the stuck car game again haha!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 percy100

del88 wrote: »
    Running out of words to discribe this snow........SNOWMAGADON:D

looks like you ran out of letters too:P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

Snow free here - as we have been all week. Seems to be confined to the pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snow is a bit lighter here now.

Here is the latest radar:

2decq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

Plowing it down steadly in Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I'm loggin off before I get anymore bitter, Greystones has had little or nothing today, I'm hapoing that stream over dublin pushed directly south or even a little east over this way.

• Advertisement

Snowmageddon back on, camcorder battery charging. Gonna be epic by the time this stops, hell its already epic!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Still snowing fairly heavy in Capel ST.

Snow is a bit lighter here now.

Here is the latest radar:

2decq.png

Cheers WC, explains the temporary lull here, back on to snowtopia now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

My oul fella just uttered some words that I thought I'd never hear him say .... "this reminds me of 1982!" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jules88

wicklowdub wrote: »
    I'm loggin off before I get anymore bitter, Greystones has had little or nothing today, I'm hapoing that stream over dublin pushed directly south or even a little east over this way.
    its supposed to go to -12 tonight and snow much heavier than last night, just have to be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

looks like us in D15 an surrounding areas is missing out on this epic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Tefral

DSCN1478.jpg
    DSCN1481.jpg
    DSCN1483.jpg
    DSCN1484.jpg
    DSCN1485.jpg
    DSCN1486.jpg
    DSCN1487.jpg
    DSCN1489.jpg
    DSCN1490.jpg
    DSCN1491.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Rougies wrote: »
    My oul fella just uttered some words that I thought I'd never hear him say .... "this reminds me of 1982!" :eek:
    Getting more like it with every hour that passes....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Any idea if this stream will stretch to Celbridge? It's been a few hours since our last dumping!

Same here in Dublin 15. Aint seen any of this epic snow in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

So did mine! :D he's meeting my mum off the train and they're going for a pint in Gibneys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Long time stalker of this site, rare poster. In Greystones and am so disappointed, nothing here all day. I love the snow, love it, love it, love it. Wonder will there be any our way...it's supposed to be on the east coast...you can't get much easterly coasty than this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

It reminds me of 1982, definitely haven't seen this much snow since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Snow Leopard

Just back from Dublin city centre, place is absolute chaos! Luckily I was finally able to catch the 13A home. Been snowing heavily nearly all day here...by far the best day of snow so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Docklands looks like New York or something in those pics

What time are we likely to see this front in the east tomorrow? Overnight or morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

wicklowdub wrote: »

It's snowing up the hill in Delgany....

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

Elmo5 wrote: »
    It reminds me of 1982, definitely haven't seen this much snow since then.

i've seen better snow in the summer:D

EDIT: I remember 1982 also and this isnt a patch on what Arklow got then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Heavy snow continuing in Malahide. We are talking inches instead of cm's at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Anyone know if we will get ANYTHING in munster. Right on the west coast and really looking forward to something, but looks like it wont come:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Might go out and kick all the heads off the snowmen the kids have built

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Hmmm. Latest update might be a little more promising for those of us in parts of 15 at least. The band seemed to suddenly beef up on the 17.30. Hopefully not just a quirk, the next update could be back to a thinner stream :\

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement