Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 02/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SparklyEarrings

So there is a glimmer of hope for next week? That this ****e will melt and go the f*ck away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

homolumo wrote: »
    All that activity in the Irish Sea and we are missing out on most of it :mad:

Yeah not coming anywhere near us. Thankfully says I, it would have made some serious deposits on the ground for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

So there is a glimmer of hope for next week? That this ****e will melt and go the f*ck away.

*Report Abuse*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Not that there is much of that in the south west!!! a flake at most I'd say:mad::mad:

Just as well. There is still ice around but that will be gone tomorrow. Snow is nice when you have nothing to do and don't drive a car. Other than that its a pain in the ass that can't disapear fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

First few flakes starting again in Greystones, been quiet all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Going through Malahide, snow particularly heavy and sticking. Roads are lethal. Be careful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

I'm lost for words, this is just spectacular. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Took a measurement, lucky i placed the ruler in the grass earlier:D

15cm of snow on the grass, an addition of 6cm from this afternoon and falling heavier than ever :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

This is just utterly insane, snow is just piling up here in D4 right by the flippin sea, mental!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's got to stop soon right? What's tonight's forecast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Supercell wrote: »
    East link bridge,conditions even worse now!

Nice narration :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

We are the only "red" country on meteoalarm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

This is just utterly insane, snow is just piling up here in D4 right by the flippin sea, mental!!

No end in sight looking at the 17.00 ME radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

This is just unstoppable here in Goatstown. 14 inches in the back garden and it's still coming down.:) No work tomorrow again .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

no snow here all day, about an inch has melted since this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jules88

nothing here in kilcoole, hows greystones roads does anyone know, i have to pick my girlfriend up at nine? :confused:

Gardai with shovels now on the East Link trying to dig out the stuck truck, surreal stuff

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭toilet_ducks

Any idea if this stream will stretch to Celbridge? It's been a few hours since our last dumping!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Jules88 wrote: »
    nothing here in kilcoole, hows greystones roads does anyone know, i have to pick my girlfriend up at nine? :confused:

Greystones roads are fine (apart from Windgaes), Church Road is fine and all through Charelsland up to the N11, but avoid Delgany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Truely epic in Dublin. Snowed all day in Dublin. Most places closed earlier in the IFSC.

Never seen snow like this. Truely epic.

And apparently there is more to come .

Unreal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 yoji101

This is just crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

In all fairness Dublin have got off quite lightly compared to other counties....except for today of course :D now keep it coming !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jules88

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Greystones roads are fine (apart from Windgaes), Church Road is fine and all through Charelsland up to the N11, but avoid Delgany
    thanx a million cause i had to do without my girlfriend last night so defo want to see her tonight uknw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

That guy on TV3 with the ESB umbrella, what's his username here? He's loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

That big major cloud that was heading south towards Lucan earlier seemed to shift west at it approached the Liffey, giving Lucan a quick dusting and then that was it for that, maybe Maynooth or Kilcock/Enfield direction benefitted there... Still clouds around though, might pick up some snow from those over the next few hours...

Snow finally letting up here, seeing clear sky, looking at radar it seems like there is a shift of the streamer track south. I wonder if the southside is about to get plastered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Snow finally letting up here, seeing clear sky, looking at radar it seems like there is a shift of the streamer track south. I wonder if the southside is about to get plastered.

Some amount of snow here in Sandymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The stream in the North Irish sea is still going strong, but expect winds to veer the showers off no later than midnight, still leaves the possibility of a good few hours snow for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

We already are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Running out of words to discribe this snow........SNOWMAGADON:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement