Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2011 Pre Show Thread # Spoilers

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

1 am.
    Source: Pwinsider.com

As reported earlier, Booker T has arrived to Boston, Massachusetts for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. He is expected to participate in the 40-Man Royal Rumble Match. His return to WWE after three years will not be a one night affair.

According to some wrestlers, Booker T is permanently returning to WWE to both wrestle and announce. Additional details, however, have not been disclosed.

The six-time world champion has had his sights set on a commentating position for a number of years. He indicated in an interview last year during Royal Rumble season that if he were to return to WWE, it would likely be as an announcer.

He said, "Going back to the WWE, I know I would have to work a full schedule pretty much 180 days a year. I don't think that's something I want to do at this point. A lot of people speculate, but if I was to go back to the WWE, it would probably be from a wrestling announcer standpoint, that's something I always wanted to do. So I look forward if I ever go back to WWE, it would probably be from a wrestling announcer standpoint. TNA is better for me as far as scheduling goes, but I don't think I'll working that hectic schedule anymore."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Greatest thing Booker has ever said?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of former TNA Knockout Awesome Kong:

"My stomach is RUMBLE-ing. Craving sushi so I may SMACK DOWN on some RAW fish."

Wrestlezone.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

CMpunked wrote: »
    Im also predicting some sort of Raw GM development.
    Im not sure what..

Come on Michael Cole screwjerb. Even if he wasn't the GM he could BS it since no-one checks the laptop anyway.

Well except Jericho, who knew the IP address. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I just read all this now- are the booker/nash rumours a piss take or what?

Hope Punk wins, by far and away the best thing in the company right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 philistine82

Does ANYONE know how to order the Royal Rumble on UPC or any definite links to watch it on?!?!

I just read all this now- are the booker/nash rumours a piss take or what?

Here is a picture of Booker landing in boston this morning.
    booker.jpg

And here is a video of Nash arriving in boston yesterday looking very diesel like.

Wrestlezone vid

Does ANYONE know how to order the Royal Rumble on UPC or any definite links to watch it on?!?!

Someone else tried and UPC said they dont take orders on sunday. Sorry dude.

Give this thread a look later on at about half 12.
    PW Streams thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Think you have to ring UPC up to order box office stuff,their lines are closed now though,I'm sure there will be a few streams posted here when it starts though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Im also predicting some sort of Raw GM development.
    Im not sure what..

The laptop will be entrant #40 :)

• Advertisement

The laptop will be entrant #40 :)

Its grows legs and arms.
    Turns out its a robot.

At mania its matched against randy ortons voice.

badum-tish.jpg

Could we see a similar scenario for Wade Barrett this year? Maybe have Punk eliminate him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

Could we see a similar scenario for Wade Barrett this year? Maybe have Punk eliminate him

I hope so! The pop that the Gong got was unreal!

Although i still have hopes of him returning as the ABA!

Degag wrote: »
    I hope so! The pop that the Gong got was unreal!

Although i still have hopes of him returning as the ABA!

If only he returned as ABA since the Deadman thing is wayyyyyy to boring and out-dated

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Booker T returning as an announcer will be epic if it happens. Anyone who didn't catch his time on Smackdown when he would be there as a guest with Sharmell missed out as he was hilarious. I read at the time he used to make the boys in the back crack up. I can't imagine how Vince would let him get away with it though. Will be nice to see Booker again and hopefully it's not that King Booker crap but the good old fashioned 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time WCW Champion, Sucka! Maybe even a brief Booker and Goldust reunion.

He would continue a good legacy of decent ex wrestler commentators if he was put on the SD team.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,059 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks wheres the streams thread ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He would continue a good legacy of decent ex wrestler commentators if he was put on the SD team.

You'd have to worry that'd he'd use it to try to kickstart his dead on arrival go at Acting.Its common knowledge thats what he was trying to do with his career in Tna. Certainly he wasn't there to have good matches,put someone over or do anything productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Headshot wrote: »
    folks wheres the streams thread ?

Here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dolph to spear Edge and lose?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Some pop for Hornswaggle, Cena better not win this.

Advertisement