Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2011 Pre Show Thread # Spoilers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Aye, let's hope it works out the way we want it to. I think when it comes to pro wrestling, our fan fiction is unrivalled! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Randy Orton won a triple threat cage match on Raw to become the new number one contender to the WWE Title. He will face The Miz for the belt at the Royal Rumble PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Borak

I think Sheamus will win the Royal Rumble and the WM main event will be King Sheamus v Kings Of Kings HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

i was just thinking, How likely is it that HHH will return as a 'surprise entrant' into the match?
    Kinda like Cena did. Except cena returned a lot sooner than expected, trips has ended up taking a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

^^ I really hope not, the "surprise entrant" thing is annoying now, with cena and then Edge last year! Meh!

• Advertisement

^^ I really hope not, the "surprise entrant" thing is annoying now, with cena and then Edge last year! Meh!

Thank you! I was wrecking my brain trying to think who was it last year. :)

Ziggler V Edge (c) for the world title also made

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sheamus is a good shout for this although he doesn't really need it. They gave him KOTR though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hmmm..I don't know about Seamus. I cant see him or HHH being in the championship picture for WM.

I'm hoping Punk wins it.

edit: Just looked at the wwe royal rumble 2011 wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_(2011)
    the Royal Rumble will feature professional wrestling matches that involve different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines that will be played out on World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) primary television programs. Wrestlers will portray villains or heroes as they follow a series of events that build tension, and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches, including the Royal Rumble match."

the Royal Rumble will feature professional wrestling matches that involve different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines that will be played out on World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) primary television programs. Wrestlers will portray villains or heroes as they follow a series of events that build tension, and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches, including the Royal Rumble match."

Dude thats on like every ppv wiki page.
    Like last years WM page:
    WrestleMania featured professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing feuds, plots, and storylines that were played out on Raw, SmackDown, NXT and WWE Superstars—World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) television programs. Wrestlers portrayed a villain or a hero as they followed a series of events that built tension, and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.[13] All wrestlers were from WWE's Raw and SmackDown brands—a storyline division in which WWE employees are assigned to a television program of the same name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ohh... how embarrassing. All the same, what a pointless contribution from whoever put it up.

I'd love to see Christian or Jericho win but doubt they will be back for it :(

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Christian

Whats going to happen the day that christian does get to win big?

I fear that you might explode or something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Who can win the Rumble then?

I can't see past Cena to be honest. WWE perhaps looking to its "biggest" star at this transition time.

I hope its not him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hopefully it will be Punk vs Cena at the Rumble in a singles match,would make things a little less predictable in the actual Rumble match,am still going for a Triple H win though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How Big a draw is HHH?

Would HHH chasing the title make people buy Wrestlemania. I think I would be less interested in buying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Ah you cant apply logic to WWE booking! seriously though,I'd say a returning face Triple H would be a big enough draw,he hasn't been on TV for a fairly long time too.

Del Rio is looking like a strong contender imo to win the rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Del Rio is looking like a strong contender imo to win the rumble

Agreed.

I hope it doesn't end up with Del Rio vs Mysterio as the last 2 in the Match though.

Maybe Del Rio and Hunter.

To get HHH as a winner of the rumble he would need to make an appearance at raw tomorrow night.
    Or even next week.

Just to reassure everyone he is a face and who he is after.

If he just turns up at the rumble as the surprise entrant, wins it, then the feud he has with whichever champ (miz?) would have to be built around him after winning, rather than before.
    I really liked how last year shawn said "I have to enter the rumble, i have to win it and face taker.."
    It got you excited about him being an entrant. It made you want to will him to win.

I would love if they went the same idea with HHH. Give us a reason to want him to win it. He is a face after all. well, supposedly he will be a face.
    To have him just turn up and win, as i said above, would just make the WM build up slow and kinda predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I have a funny feeling that Sheamus is gonna win the Rumble. Then at the Raw Elimination Chmber match, HHH will emerge victorious (probably be Miz, Orotn, Cena, Punk, Morrison & HHH in the match), thus having Sheamus v HHH at Wrestlemania for the WWE Title.

Or the other way around, HHH winning the Rumble and Sheamus going to WM as the champ.

I have a funny feeling that Sheamus is gonna win the Rumble. Then at the Raw Elimination Chmber match, HHH will emerge victorious (probably be Miz, Orotn, Cena, Punk, Morrison & HHH in the match), thus having Sheamus v HHH at Wrestlemania for the WWE Title.

Or the other way around, HHH winning the Rumble and Sheamus going to WM as the champ.

I would not mind that scenario at all!

CMpunked wrote: »
    I would not mind that scenario at all!

Yeah it would get Sheamus back into the main event picture, and also add a bit more to the inevitable feud with Hunter

Yeah it would get Sheamus back into the main event picture, and also add a bit more to the inevitable feud with Hunter

It kind of couples well with my post that Trips winning the rumble after being a surprise entrant would kind of slow down the whole build up to mania.
    Like I cant see him spending february having promos with the miz, then someone beating him at EC. Like sheamus for example.

It would be cool if HHH and Sheamus were the final two in the rumble.
    Then the build up between their match can be trailed back to the rumble.

I dont want to see HHH win the RR again maybe he returns and costs Sheamus his chance of winning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I dont want to see HHH win the RR again maybe he returns and costs Sheamus his chance of winning.

This seems the most logical and I hope it happens (actually I hope Sheamus eliminates him or together at the same time).

I can't imagine that HHH's 2002 Rumble win added ANY wins, Jericho was treated so poorly in the run up, it was the most obvious glad-handed title world title change in WM history. Not even a snifter of Jericho having a chance to retain, or even as a tiny threat.

So if HHH wins the rumble, here's the following WM scenarios
    - He fights Miz, and is basically an updated 2002 Jericho (ie Miz has no chance, nobody cares)
    - He fights Cena again (unlikely with Punk; did it recently at WM)
    - He fights Orton again (unlikely; it wouldn't draw, did it recently at WM)
    - Sheamus wins the title @ EC (could happen...This feud doesn't have much steam, but adding the title wouldn't help much. Better spent on keeping it on Miz - it'd mean there's one more 'big match' on the card)

So all in all business and creative-wise HHH should not win this Rumble. I don't know how anybody can get behind HHH going for the gold. You know when people talk about "the man keeping you down"? That's Triple H! :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This seems the most logical and I hope it happens (actually I hope Sheamus eliminates him or together at the same time).

I can't imagine that HHH's 2002 Rumble win added ANY wins, Jericho was treated so poorly in the run up, it was the most obvious glad-handed title world title change in WM history. Not even a snifter of Jericho having a chance to retain, or even as a tiny threat.

So if HHH wins the rumble, here's the following WM scenarios
    - He fights Miz, and is basically an updated 2002 Jericho (ie Miz has no chance, nobody cares)
    - He fights Cena again (unlikely with Punk; did it recently at WM)
    - He fights Orton again (unlikely; it wouldn't draw, did it recently at WM)
    - Sheamus wins the title @ EC (could happen...This feud doesn't have much steam, but adding the title wouldn't help much. Better spent on keeping it on Miz - it'd mean there's one more 'big match' on the card)

So all in all business and creative-wise HHH should not win this Rumble. I don't know how anybody can get behind HHH going for the gold. You know when people talk about "the man keeping you down"? That's Triple H! :pac:

All very good points. But as I said above, it would kinda make sense the have Sheamus win the Rumble, because let's face it, it will be Sheamus vs. HHH at Wrestlemania. So, having it for the WWE Title would make it that much more interesting, hopefully to put Sheamus over and give him a proper run with the Title. I'm not saying I want HHH to have the gold, but if it's for 1 month to have him lose it to Sheamus, then it'll be ok. I can't honestly see Miz going into WM as champ, so he could be losing the Orton at the Royal Rumble or to someone at Elimination Chamber.

If Orton wins at RR, then it could possibly lead to Orton v. HHH v. Sheamus at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

With Miz I know he is supposed to be the cowardly heel but they are making him look really weak and pretty much like Orton’s bitch. So if didn’t win at royal rumble it wouldn’t exactly be surprising. I agree with the point, I can’t see the miz making it to wm with the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I agree that The Miz is looking incredibly weak, but i think that was always going to happen on his first title run. I'd like to see him get to Elimination Chamber with the belt, but i don't think creative will leave the title on him until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭Ridley

I'd rather see Triple H and Sheamus eliminate each other at the Royal Rumble in a brawl.

Advertisement