Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2011 Pre Show Thread # Spoilers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

will there be a torrent of this in morning i wonder cos paying nearl 22 euro is a bit of a rip off..im sure plenty websites streaming anyway id say

Do you have any mates who are into wwe? I am paying for it and the lads are bringing round pizzas and beers.

Looking forward to it now. Think we are starting the bevvy around half 10 so should be warmed up well for the Rumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

CM Punk will win the 2011 Royal Rumble match, triple h will eliminate Sheamus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

really late poll added.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Anybody know the full list of participants in the rumble?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Morrison or Batista will win this on their return, mark my words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

really late poll added.

Punk is on the poll twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Christian is meant to be coming back aswell tonite.Wonder if Triple H will return cause Nash,Booker & Christian are all making returns.PS Punk is in that Poll twice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Punk is on the poll twice

fixed, Shows in there now although he aint gonna win... Mark Henry has already gotten a vote i knew he had to be in the poll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Just been having a look at the prediction thread:
    Royal Rumble prediction thread.

And statistically these are the expected winners of each match.
    When i took these numbers there were 37 votes.

To Win the rumble match:
    CM Punk: 16 votes
    John Cena: 10 Votes
    Sheamus: 4 Votes
    Del Rio: 4 Votes
    Triple H, Great Khali and Goldust (yes, really) Recieved one vote each.

For the WWE Title match:
    The Miz has a whopping 31 votes, Orton has 6.

World championship match:
    Edge with 29 and Dolph with 8 votes.

And the Divas match.
    Laycool 13 votes and Natalya has 24 votes.

Pretty interesting voting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

rumble is ordered and beer is in the fridge, now a Big Daddy Cool jackknife on cena would complete the night, followed by a Booker T spinaroonie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In work early in the morning so just going to watch it tomorrow evening instead.

Don't think anyone will top Punks performance from last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    Christian is meant to be coming back aswell tonite.Wonder if Triple H will return cause Nash,Booker & Christian are all making returns.PS Punk is in that Poll twice.

I thought he wasnt even going to be back for WM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

Has anyone got a link for tonight's Rumble? :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They said that about cena last year two years Three years ago too. ;)

(dammit!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dr. Ring wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link for tonight's Rumble? :D

There will be a few of them around later. No need to start searching for one yet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CMpunked wrote: »
    They said that about cena last year too. ;)

Well is he is back he is coming after Del Rio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ElasticMan

rumble is ordered and beer is in the fridge, now a Big Daddy Cool jackknife on cena would complete the night, followed by a Booker T spinaroonie :D

Don't you mean a Big Daddy Cool torn quad? If he is in the Rumble I'm definately expecting some sort of freak injury. Something like his hair dye running into his eyes, rendering him blind. Or perhaps he'll somehow break his neck while stepping into the ring.

I can't see Christian coming back tonight (as much as I'd like it if he did). I've lost hope for an Edge vs Christian match at WM, I've been gradually losing hope for Christian as a main eventer ever since he lost out at the last 3 Money in the Bank matches. Christian has been around now for the past 13 years. If Vince McMahon didn't elevate him in 2004 (when he beat Jericho at WM), in 2005 (When he faced Jericho and Cena for the title), or in 2008 (When he lost out in his first MITB match after returning from TNA), then he's not going to do it now! Which is a shame, because he could definately take on the sort of role that Jericho had before he left. Give the man the opportunity to shine now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ElasticMan wrote: »
    Don't you mean a Big Daddy Cool torn quad? If he is in the Rumble I'm definately expecting some sort of freak injury. Something like his hair dye running into his eyes, rendering him blind. Or perhaps he'll somehow break his neck while stepping into the ring.

hey, theres no need for that, none of the above (except for the hair dye) could happen to an athlete like big kev ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I reckon Big show is an outside bet, wouldn't be surpised to see him and E Jackson in the last 4-5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Surprised so many people think Punk is going to win. I would've thought he'd be an outside bet at most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He's been asked to turn up tonite.Read it on ewrestlingnews.com. Also Kong is a more than likely to appear

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm gonna predict The Rock enters the rumble tonight. Yeah, this seems like an outside guess, but if I'm right, ye'll all have to bow before my psychic powers :D

I'm gonna predict The Rock enters the rumble tonight. Yeah, this seems like an outside guess, but if I'm right, ye'll all have to bow before my psychic powers :D

I also think this.
    In fact i also predict a scott hall return along with the surprise appearance. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Better chance of Gary Glitter and Chris Benoit entering the Rumble. :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CMpunked wrote: »
    I also think this.
    In fact i also predict a scott hall return along with the surprise appearance. :cool:

Moar liek...

*Scott Hall's music hits*

*No one comes out.*

*Rumble continues as if nothing happened...*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Surprised so many people think Punk is going to win. I would've thought he'd be an outside bet at most.

I voted for Punk but when I thought about it a little more for the prediction thread I went for Cena.

My initial reason for voting for Punk was that he has been very heavily featured on Raw in the build up which is usually a good indicator for a Rumble win.

But I figure that the WM title matches will be Cena/Miz and Edge/del Rio. I guess they could have Punk win and then lose his title shot at EC or something, but Cena seems the most logical choice to win IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: Pwinsider

Christian was flown into Boston for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. It is presently unclear what his role at the event will be.

It should be noted that he isn't wearing his arm in a sling. He has been sidelined since September due to a torn pectoral muscle.

I wonder will tonight mark a return of a different kind.

Vinne Mac?
    I wonder will he take a backseat and not make an appearance for this years mania.

Im also predicting some sort of Raw GM development.
    Im not sure what..

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    But I figure that the WM title matches will be Cena/Miz and Edge/del Rio. I guess they could have Punk win and then lose his title shot at EC or something, but Cena seems the most logical choice to win IMO.

Thats saying that Miz will hold onto the title at EC?
    What about having cena win the title at EC and punk win tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What time is this starting at lads?

Advertisement