Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

o1s1n wrote: »
    Where is he getting all this stuff from?!

I reckon he has a side-room full of slaves building retro consoles from old parts and sellotape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The.rage

for some reason our phone was on mute today, sorry, it's on now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

is that zelda there? how much is that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Where is he getting all this stuff from?!

I wonder how much the CD-X will be going for? It's one of the remaining Sega consoles I still want to pick up.

200 quid for the Multi-Mega.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,437 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Relikk wrote: »
    200 quid for the Multi-Mega.

Heh, was in there myself earlier after work and had to ask. Bit rich for my blood. They're worth in the region of €100-€150 for the PAL multi Mega. I've seen them sell on ebay.co.uk for as low as £75.

The American CD-X would be worth even less. Not too sure about the Jap Wonder Mega, probably closer in price to the PAL unit.

Did have a look at it in the shop and they're lovely yolks. It rekindled my interest in picking one up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Yeah it was way over what I was willing to pay. As soon as he said it I gave a slight smiley sneer and said naaahhhhhhhhhhh.

No thanks. I did take a NES, a 2600 and a Master System 2 off them, though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Does RAGE open on Sunday.
    I usually go up for a look on Wednesday but I think I'll go up and try to pick up something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah it is open on Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Espgaluda II went platinum a few weeks ago, so very cheap right now, confirmed as region free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Selling on one of my Megadrives if anyone is interested.

I'm really trying to get rid of a lot of the duplicate machines I have, but its hard :D

Anyway its in decent condition and I'm not asking the world for it (I don't think).

http://www.adverts.ie/613501

MjZhYTgwZWQ0NTQ4Y2M1ZmY4ZmJjN2I5OWM2M2E0MjF3I_ho5hek2Ts2qglbglonaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZTkzYmJlMDA0ZDRmYjQyNmRjNTFhMWRhNmUzMzcxNmE1NTQ3MGM5YzdiZjJjNjA3YzE1NzQxODVhMjE4ZmIyMi5qcGd8NjAwfHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg
    YTRhOThjZjBmYjFmNWJlZjE0NTVhNjgyY2U5Y2Q2OTfy-iuNSsgkKrP4SVsLJVTJaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNDYwNDZjMGQyNjQ1M2FlOTdiYmZkNjVkZTU3MmEzYTViZDEzYjc4NGUyOGVkOGZlYzA0OTg1ZGQ0YzZmYTcxMi5qcGd8NjAwfHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg
    M2YzYWEwNjA0ZDBhZDliNGNjNGMwNjhiYWNlMDI0YTbAUr3iKbA7r4Th1Wrfv_IcaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYzczNTFjMjU0N2ZmOWI0NmQ0OGE1MGVmMDJkOWMzZWZkMWFkNTA1ZTIxMzRjN2E0MDc3YmExMzYwOTcxNmM1ZS5qcGd8NjAwfHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Getting rid of a SNES as well.

In great condition this one.

http://www.adverts.ie/613543

Y2E5YmZhYzAxNzQ4NGFkN2MzMjAxNWNhYmMxNjliNGNiAuP0dGVPS4dFSss5h-l0aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzkyYTNiMmU4MTgxYjZlYTA1MjY2OGYwZmQyZmY5MDYxODA4NzY1NTk4NjRkMWRmMTRlYjhkZTI5YjNlYzE3Yy5qcGd8NjAwfHx8fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmFkdmVydHMuaWUvc3RhdGljL2kvbm9uZS1pbWFnZS5qcGd8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Yoink

RedXIV wrote: »
    Yoink

Well at least it's going to someone who will appreciate it :)

Sometimes when I sell on or trade on some of my retro bits it feels like I'm giving a puppy away :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

blag wrote: »
    Espgaluda II went platinum a few weeks ago, so very cheap right now, confirmed as region free.

It's listed as NTSC-J? Is it definitely region free? If so I'll be ordering that ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pyongyang wrote: »
    It's listed as NTSC-J? Is it definitely region free? If so I'll be ordering that ASAP.

The original version definitely is, I'd imagine the platinum is.

It's one bastard hard game even by Cave standards. Must give it more time one of these days in between Futari and Death Smiles ones.

Seems a bit pricey to be honest.
    I sold a really mint condition SNES today with 1 joypad, composite videos cables and working PSU for 30 Euro on adverts.

You might want to drop the price a bit to get people interested or you'll get slated here for asking for that much for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Agree with Steve... 80 is a lot, especially when it's defective

Master of the Universe

Tallon wrote: »
    Agree with Steve... 80 is a lot, especially when it's defective

I had a similar issue with a Megadrive. Enternow had a look at it and the power supply connection on the mobo had cracked solder points. Eventually wiggling it will just make it worse to the point where it no longer works at all and breaks off.

I had a similar issue with a Megadrive. Enternow had a look at it and the power supply connection on the mobo had cracked solder points. Eventually wiggling it will just make it worse to the point where it no longer works at all and breaks off.

It's the power supply that needs the wiggle and when left unmoved is fine, not where it connects to the snes but at the transformer box so the snes is not defective , with regards to the price I said I'm open to sensible offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

The comments in the play-asia link have region free confirmations. I've also read on other forums it's region free.

It's one bastard hard game even by Cave standards. Must give it more time one of these days in between Futari and Death Smiles ones.

Same here, I got it between releases of Mushi and Deathsmiles and it's kinda fallen by the wayside, probably need to write notes to keep track of the scoring systems :pac:

Master of the Universe

bryaner wrote: »
    It's the power supply that needs the wiggle and when left unmoved is fine, not where it connects to the snes but at the transformer box so the snes is not defective , with regards to the price I said I'm open to sensible offers.

Ah sorry! That's totally different. If I were you I'd just mention that in the advert that it's not the PSU cable going into the console but the PSU itself. They can be replaced for a tenner.

Ah sorry! That's totally different. If I were you I'd just mention that in the advert that it's not the PSU cable going into the console but the PSU itself. They can be replaced for a tenner.

No bother its my fault, I'll go and edit the ad now thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

blag wrote: »
    The comments in the play-asia link have region free confirmations. I've also read on other forums it's region free.

Same here, I got it between releases of Mushi and Deathsmiles and it's kinda fallen by the wayside, probably need to write notes to keep track of the scoring systems :pac:

Here's the confirmation:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/05/espgaluda-ii-black-label-goes-budget-this-month-did-we-mention-its-region-free/

Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

ZX Spectrum for €750? Am I missing somthing here or is it a genuine bargain?
    I honestly dont know hence I posted the link here.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/retro-zx-spectrum-128k-collection/604577

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Best speccy made,its sought after due to its looks and 128k power,since its boxed it would usually go for €100+.

If was on ebay my own estimate would be around €250 with games+books.

Unboxed 128s get mad bids sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement