Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Steve SI wrote: »
    I

Thor is a good example as some of the scenes were so dark in the cinema it was hard to make stuff out (the opening scene in the desert was basically just a black screen with some slightly dark blue bits moving around in lots of black bits)and it really took away from the enjoyment, yet when I watched it in HiDef at home it was of course nice and clear.

Using a post production 3d movie as an example is cheating a bit though, they're always rubbish .The only bit in thor that was any use in 3d was the start and end titles , which are 3d cgi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Using a post production 3d movie as an example is cheating a bit though, they're always rubbish .The only bit in thor that was any use in 3d was the start and end titles , which are 3d cgi.

Yeah, Perhaps.
    Check out this site for a list of real and fake 3D movies. Not many real live action ones floating around let me tell ya.

http://realorfake3d.com/

Edit:
    Well at least we have "Hannah Montana" on the list of real 3D movies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

My Amiga A600 for sale, as new condition :(

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/commodore-amiga/1009193

mondeo wrote: »
    My Amiga A600 for sale, as new condition :(

http://www.adverts.ie/other-computers/commodore-amiga/1009193

I put in an offer there.
    My A600 died a while back so I'm on the lookout for a new one.

I put in an offer there.
    My A600 died a while back so I'm on the lookout for a new one.

offer accepted mate:)

• Advertisement

offer accepted mate:)

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

What a bargain

If only i had the money :mad:

As for the Amiga i think its a little overpriced at €75
    €40/50 would be fair imho

Sparks43 wrote: »
    What a bargain

If only i had the money :mad:

As for the Amiga i think its a little overpriced at €75
    €40/50 would be fair imho
    60 delivered, I'm happy with that to be honest.

I was actually looking around ebay today for an amiga 600 believe it or not.

Nice one

But the Atari 130XE wipes the floor with the Amiga 600:D

Im getting wayyyy too involved in this collecting lark

Think the other half might be a little narked:eek:

Lucky I posted this up here so:). You will be happy with this one, the Amiga itself is a shelf queen, absolutely mint! They usually turn yellow and horrid but mine just stayed white. I'll drop it down to you no probs.

• Advertisement

Lucky I posted this up here so:). You will be happy with this one, the Amiga itself is a shelf queen, absolutely mint! They usually turn yellow and horrid but mine just stayed white. I'll drop it down to you no probs.

Yeah, I've had a few yellow ones over the last few years and its always nice to find an actual white one.

She'll be well looked after and have plenty of company as I'm bringing my full Amiga collection up from home soon.
    I just ordered a brand new official Amiga 600 dust cover for her from ebay.

Edit:
    Also grabbed a memory upgrade for it while I was there :)

Yeah, I've had a few yellow ones over the last few years and its always nice to find an actual white one.

She'll be well looked after and have plenty of company as I'm bringing my full Amiga collection up from home soon.

Edit:

Good to hear, I like to think it will be taken care off. Great computer but sadly I dont use it much these days and want someone to cherish it. Old Skool at it's finest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Edit:

I got one last month , awesome machine .Getting a CF to PCMCIA adaptor and slapping a hard disk in is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Not a bargain by any stretch of the word, but excellent condition for such an oldie...

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/atari-7800-brand-new-in-box-console/1010412

Not a bargain by any stretch of the word, but excellent condition for such an oldie...

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/atari-7800-brand-new-in-box-console/1010412

Mods please take the ban hammer out :eek:

Im really on my soap box about this:mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056412555

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mr Vengeance

DickyC wrote: »
    Ebay is fast becoming a pirates paradise for selling so called "new" ds units that have just been reshelled with a replacement case and fake box. Complete with 50 games:cool: Don't even get me started on the fake gba games:mad:
    I don't think Ebay give a sh1t either, they take their cut, Paypal take their cut, It's about time nintendo showed their balls and put an end to it.

I couldn't agree more - eBay is a joke for DS - half the games up there are fake and eBay does nothing about it. There are probably more fake copies of Mario Kart, Tetris and New Super Mario Bros. up there than there are genuine copies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You also have to watch out for fake DS units. Since they are made from off the shelf components the chinese are manufacturing loads of fake DS units. There's not much difference other than shoddy build quility from the crappy moulds they use and they can't seem to reproduce the text on the back of the machine so just have a sticker on it.

Ebay seems to be ok for the more obscure stuff, but watch out for rare games. When Dragon quest V was going for a lot of money ebay was awash with fakes selling for abot 40-50 euros.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I thought that was a £50 buy it now for a sec! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

someone got a nice boxed A1200 for burton price-
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/commodore-amiga-1200/1008930

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ebay seems to be ok for the more obscure stuff, but watch out for rare games. When Dragon quest V was going for a lot of money ebay was awash with fakes selling for abot 40-50 euros.

I saw a copy of Drgon Quest V for €22 in CEX the other day but it was in French... I don't fancy sitting through an RPG with a translation guide beside me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

someone got a nice boxed A1200 for burton price-
    http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/commodore-amiga-1200/1008930

Nice!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I just adverts sniped it out from under that guy! he never made a confirmed offer nor was it accepted. feel kinda durty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well here's a rare oddity from over on Gamesniped. Cant say I've ever heard of it -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190584869148

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I saw a copy of Drgon Quest V for €22 in CEX the other day but it was in French... I don't fancy sitting through an RPG with a translation guide beside me :(

All the european versions are in English, you should have snapped it up. I had to get an italian copy when I couldn't find one.

All the european versions are in English, you should have snapped it up. I had to get an italian copy when I couldn't find one.

For real? It said on the back of the box that the game was in french (that much i could translate). You think it would definitely have an english language text option?

I'll check for you now.

Yep it's definitely in english. It depends on what language the DS is set to in the menu. I changed my language to french on my italian DQV and it was in french then changed back to english.

Yep it's definitely in english. It depends on what language the DS is set to in the menu. I changed my language to french on my italian DQV and it was in french then changed back to english.

Nice one... will have to venture back into town tomorrow so...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

wow

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/1/1013395

One sold for about 250 euro on ebay a few years ago apparantly..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement