Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

o1s1n wrote: »
    Here are some auctions that are just so daft they defy logic.

VGA sealed old games are a bit dubious, right? It's all a bit odd and seems like a big scam.

Well how about VGA graded new games. Nobody would buy them right? As you can still buy them in stores.

Check these auctions out. They're not stupidly over valued prices. They're SOLD prices. Ended auctions. Some muppets paid these prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130546821439

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230677950484

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230660616981

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120770007687

:eek: And to think I opened my sealed copy of Ocarina of Time 3DS, could have sold it for 4 times it's value :(:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Play-asia have got a big shipment of pre-owned retro games:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-c-49-en.html

Prices are a bit hit and miss (they know how much a Radiant Silvergun is worth :() but they have quite a bit of availability for Wonderswan, NGP, PS1 etc... so you might find something worth picking up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's interesting. But they seem to be aware of what absolutely everything is worth.

For example - Japanese Comix Zone - US$ 172.99. Ouch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, that one stood out!

That said, you can pick up your favourite portable train simulators for just over a tenner ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I'd love this. Reasonably priced too assuming it has SC-OCD.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8n-49-en-70-xp3.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Rage just put a bunch of gameboy stuff up on facebook. Amongst it is an AGS-101 SP that they told someone they're selling for 25. Bargain price, though the prices are sometimes higher when you actually get down there, I've found.

Also, the guy I got that famicom off has this up for sale, interesting little gizmo but a bit pricey... http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/portable-console-system-for-nintendo-famicom-nes-games/994806

Retro-related. If my numbers ever come up, I'll be ordering one of these. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Retro-related. If my numbers ever come up, I'll be ordering one of these. :cool:

I was only watching a video of a lad driving one of these around the other day. looks great in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

What is with all the Pink GBA Micros on fleabay! its like they never made it in any other colours FFS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Areal man can use a pink GBA SP and look good. Like me.

Master of the Universe

Jesus, Commodore 65 prototype sold for 20 grand -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120784313119

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jesus, Commodore 65 prototype sold for 20 grand -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120784313119

Never heard of the machine before. Looking at the bidding history - it sold to someone with no feedback?? Bit strange that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Very rare to be found on ebay,a lot where passed between collectors etc more reference here- http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/c65.html

More prototypes here,one including an A1200cd32 addon drive-
    http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/cd1200.html

which featured on frontpage of amiga format- http://amr.abime.net/amr_popup_picture.php?src=amiga_format/magscans/af059_1994_05/001.jpg&c=21114&n=1&filesize=183642

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Never heard of the machine before. Looking at the bidding history - it sold to someone with no feedback?? Bit strange that.

I'd say that 0 feedback person was a shill account driving up the price. Bit mean if it was.

See what I mean about shilling like that driving out the 'real' top bidder's max bid?

If that is the seller, he can now make a 'second chance offer' to bidder number 2 at his max proxy bid of 20,000.00. It's a really good scam and abuse of ebay..if you can ever consider a scam good that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

if the genuine bidder accepts a second chance offer they have more money than sense, blatant shill bidding. There again if you're going to shell out 20k on a commodore you must have more money than sense in the first place:pac:

Ebay is fast becoming a pirates paradise for selling so called "new" ds units that have just been reshelled with a replacement case and fake box. Complete with 50 games:cool: Don't even get me started on the fake gba games:mad:
    I don't think Ebay give a sh1t either, they take their cut, Paypal take their cut, It's about time nintendo showed their balls and put an end to it.

I remember reading about the C65 many many years ago in Commodore Format magazine. It looked the business I thought. I recall any buzz around it died out fairly quickly though.

Were any games ever in development for it?

DickyC wrote: »
    It's about time nintendo showed their balls and put an end to it.

We're talking about the 3DS right? :pac:

• Advertisement

Pyongyang wrote: »
    We're talking about the 3DS right? :pac:
    The 3ds is a disaster in terms of 3d ability, the virtual boy achieves a much more convincing effect. I just finished ocarina of time last week and played through with the 3d turned off. Nintendo should do an E.T. and bury all unsold units in the desert.

Master of the Universe

DickyC wrote: »
    The 3ds is a disaster in terms of 3d ability, the virtual boy achieves a much more convincing effect. I just finished ocarina of time last week and played through with the 3d turned off. Nintendo should do an E.T. and bury all unsold units in the desert.

I agree that the 3DS is a bit of a disaster as far as commercial success goes, but if you think the Virtual Boy has a better 3d effect you haven't figured out how to work the 3DS slider yet :p

The problem with OOT 3D (well I found anyway) is the controls are too complex for a handheld. Especially if you have to hold the handheld in the 3D sweet spot.

This just doesn't work. When you're roaming around the place it's fine. Even going through dungeons was great in 3D.

But if you have a boss battle to fight where you're shield blocking and Z targetting, you can't help but move the console about, losing the 3D sweet spot.

This doesn't mean the 3D itself is bad, it's by far the best 3D I've seen in anything, ever.

It just means certain points of the game aren't designed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I agree that the 3DS is a bit of a disaster as far as commercial success goes, but if you think the Virtual Boy has a better 3d effect you haven't figured out how to work the 3DS slider yet :p

The problem with OOT 3D (well I found anyway) is the controls are too complex for a handheld. Especially if you have to hold the handheld in the 3D sweet spot.

This just doesn't work. When you're roaming around the place it's fine. Even going through dungeons was great in 3D.

But if you have a boss battle to fight where you're shield blocking and Z targetting, you can't help but move the console about, losing the 3D sweet spot.

This doesn't mean the 3D itself is bad, it's by far the best 3D I've seen in anything, ever.

It just means certain points of the game aren't designed for it.

You should see my 3D PC monitor dude. It makes the 3DS look pants.

You do have to wear the nVidia 3D Vision glasses though so it is a very different thing.
    I only got it last week but I've watched a few 3D movies and played a lot of 3D games and its the business.

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    You should see my 3D PC monitor dude. It makes the 3DS look pants.

You do have to wear the nVidia 3D Vision glasses though so it is a very different thing.
    I only got it last week but I've watched a few 3D movies and played a lot of 3D games and its the business.

Does your monocle not interfere with the glasses though? ;)

I'm interested in seeing some tech of that quality. Any time I've worn 3D glasses I've been left pretty underwhelmed.

Does your monocle not interfere with the glasses though? ;)

I'm interested in seeing some tech of that quality. Any time I've worn 3D glasses I've been left pretty underwhelmed.

I'm very much against 3D in the cinema as it seems to always be a let down as the movies are very dark and the 3D is usually just a novelty and not really of benefit to the movies (perhaps Avatar is the exception as its whole selling point was the 3D and Smurfs in space storyline).

Thor is a good example as some of the scenes were so dark in the cinema it was hard to make stuff out (the opening scene in the desert was basically just a black screen with some slightly dark blue bits moving around in lots of black bits)and it really took away from the enjoyment, yet when I watched it in HiDef at home it was of course nice and clear.

The 3D on my monitor uses active glasses that need to be recharged (about 40 hours constant usage on 1 charge) so thats different from the ones you get in the cinema, and a hell of a lot more expensive. nVidia really are cheeky asking so much for them, even if they are high quality.

To be honest I just got the monitor as it has 120hz refresh and I wanted that to allow me to actually enjoy the extra fps my graphics card allows as most monitors are only 60hz. The 3D was just an extra feature(any new 120hz monitor is 3D enabled).

As for the monocle, well the glasses slip right on over it so its not an issue :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm very much against 3D in the cinema

But Drive Angry 3D was utterly magical! I have the 3D one at home but as part of my Blu Ray limited edition copy. Sadly no 3D TV to play it on though... yet.

I'm trying to sweet talk the fine wife in to letting me get a Philips 21:9 3D TV for Christmas now the price is a bit more palatable. Fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

The best 3D Film ive seen was Monsters Vs Aliens, the effects in that where brilliant.

keithgeo wrote: »
    The best 3D Film ive seen was Monsters Vs Aliens, the effects in that where brilliant.

Yeah, I think animated movies work best as they are very bright to begin with.

I have monsters vs Aliens 3d myself here and it does looks well.

I downloaded a few 3D documentaries last night and they do look well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Advertisement

Especially if you have to hold the handheld in the 3D sweet spot.

This is it's main downfall in my opinion, that sweet spot is way too small to consider it a successful 3d machine. I enjoyed playing oot on it, just not in 3dtongue.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement