Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I know it's an NTSC Snes but the condition of the Console is worth the look :cool:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Super-Nintendo-SNES-System-COMPLETE-BOX-NEAR-MINT-Mario-All-Stars-World-/160666707231?pt=Video_Games&hash=item25687b651f

I'd put a bid in, but as usual the postage is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

keithgeo wrote: »
    anyone spot this? Im wondering if its one of the brand ps1s the guy on adverts is selling at the minute, will be interesting to see how much this ends up selling for.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/110759607876?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    Considering the tall tale he put in the description, I'm fighting the urge to put a question to him "what, no tarzan game?" :P

Considering the tall tale he put in the description, I'm fighting the urge to put a question to him "what, no tarzan game?" :P

Lol :D Just goes to show that 99.9% of stories on ebay are complete sh*te!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Spotted a couple of games I wanted on ebay that were relisted a few times without selling so sent a message to the seller asking could I just buy them for the starting prices and he's gonna give me quote. Sly :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got something like that last week. Can't say what it is though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Think i might have cost a few people some money on fleabay

Why dont they just put in their ****ing maximum

Stupid tbh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I got something like that last week. Can't say what it is though ;)

Your mother reads A&R?? :eek:

The Playstation sold for €56.50. To be honest I'd rather keep mine than sell for that.

Unless they sold it to someone in Ireland, they probably took a big hit on the postage too. €10 to europe? I'd say it would cost around 30...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Unless they sold it to someone in Ireland, they probably took a big hit on the postage too. €10 to europe? I'd say it would cost around 30...

Citypost.ie or parcel2go.com I always ask sellers to use. Example, my boxed Saturn and HUGE step-down was £16 by DHL using those sites.

EMS and USPS are the expensive ones.

• Advertisement

I don't understand this...

First this

Now this

:confused:

Here's a good one. Boost chances of selling your stuff on eBay by putting a hot girl in the photos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Here's a good one. Boost chances of selling your stuff on eBay by putting a hot girl in the photos.

What's he trying to sell again? :pac:
    "Scarely rare" means pretty common then. :confused:

Dunno. I wasn't looking at the board or reading the description. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Id like to know why the side she is normally on in the last picture is cut off!! what was she wearing in that one, or not wearing as the case may be!:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pyongyang wrote: »

She better be included! So many times I've been fooled into buying things and no girl arrived :(

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/amazing-huge-collection-of-91-snes-super-famicom-games-console-ac-4-pads-multitap/1051641

Super Famicom collection on adverts. Very nice collection but i can't help thinking it's a little overpriced. Depends on what games are there and it's kinda hard to make most of them out from the pics/japanese text.

Got a Famicom off the same seller before. He's a nice guy and it was in good condition but the carts were counterfeit (blatantly so and I didn't care, just wanted a couple of games with it and they were surplus in his collection of otherwise official looking carts) but looks like these are all official carts. Thought i should mention that just in case, but as i said they all look official with this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Same chap I bought my Amiga 1200 from, seemed like a nice chap alright. Steep price that for just carts.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/amazing-huge-collection-of-91-snes-super-famicom-games-console-ac-4-pads-multitap/1051641

Super Famicom collection on adverts. Very nice collection but i can't help thinking it's a little overpriced. Depends on what games are there and it's kinda hard to make most of them out from the pics/japanese text.

Got a Famicom off the same seller before. He's a nice guy and it was in good condition but the carts were counterfeit (blatantly so and I didn't care, just wanted a couple of games with it and they were surplus in his collection of otherwise official looking carts) but looks like these are all official carts. Thought i should mention that just in case, but as i said they all look official with this.

Couldn't agree more. I scanned through the games looking for Super BTTF 2, probably the best Game of the BTTF series on a home console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The chap who runs the comic-book stall in Blackrock Market has a stack of gaming gear, all reasonably priced. A good few Game Boys (Pocket, Colour and Advance), Atari 2600 titles and whatnot. Guy's bang-on too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bonzer79

A few Atari games on offer all in excellent condition.
    http://www.adverts.ie/games/atari-2600-7800-games/1053397

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

a mate in Navan is selling this

"32 inch Sony Trinitron TV , along with dedicated Sony stand , this was once the rolls Royce of televisions ... Working 100% only issue with it is that you can't hang it on a wall to make space in a toy room ... First 100 euros take it !" if anyone is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Cheap Saturn

Shame about the postage

Seriously though how on earth is it 100 quid from Uk to here:confused:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Cheap Saturn

Shame about the postage

You could get a return flight for cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Cheap Saturn

Shame about the postage

He could drop it to your door ffs :pac:

Don't some sellers use this to lower their insertion or final feels...keep the BIN price low but whack up the postage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    He could drop it to your door ffs :pac:

Don't some sellers use this to lower their insertion or final feels...keep the BIN price low but whack up the postage?

They also don't pay commission to ebay on postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,596 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pretty much. It's a way for sellers to dodge paying ebay fees as you don't pay them on the postage price, only the auction price.

I was always suprised ebay never came up with a way of combating that practice. As it's against their rules.

Although how do you police it? If a buyer wants their Saturn shipped in a box made of gold for €1000, who's to say they can't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Dane Bramage

Quick question for you guys. Not sure if this is the right thread, if it isn't maybe a mod can redirect me?

Basically I'm looking to sell my Nintendo Wii with tonnes of games and accesories via adverts and want to get an idea as to its market value.

It's a white nintendo wii, with one motion plus controller with silicone case, Wii LAN adapter (for wired internet), Component cable for 480p picture resolution, 1 Mario Kart steering wheel, Wii Fit Balance Board and the following games:

PES 2008, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Disaster Day of Crisis, Call of Duty World at War, Wii Sports, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Bully, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mad World, Mario Kart, Resident Evil 4, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Scarface the World is Yours, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, Red Steel, Wii Fit, The Godfather Blackhand Edition, Goldeneye 007, Boom Blox.

Any idea here how much this could sell for on adverts. I was thinking of listing it for sale at 270?

Looking to buy a PS3 slim with the proceeds. Any advice appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement