Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    "Real hardware, no emulation", so how does the thing work?

Kind of like the Analogue NT I've taken it. Newly designed NES/FC based on the old hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can't figure out if I like the design or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Oh yeah !! Another way to play NES cart just what the world needs... seriously anyone else getting tired of all this retro-cash-in sh1te ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Oh yeah !! Another way to play NES cart just what the world needs... seriously anyone else getting tired of all this retro-cash-in sh1te ?

:pac:

I usually muster a 'meh' at them. Including Nintendo's own (way more restricted) device. But that's probably because I already have a NES + Powerpak + CRT, so none of these devices interest me.

At that price the AVS must be aimed at enthusiasts/collectors - folks who already own a NES/Famicom I would bet. Would it appeal to people that don't own a NES/Famicom? They'd also have to start buying carts or the Powerpak, just so you can play it on a HD tv? Must be a market for it I guess.

Also, what does AVS stand for? Audio Visual System?

Here's a video of it in action:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here's a link to a cheap GBA:SP
    http://www.adverts.ie/11086726
    But it also seems to a Chinese market model, with the iQue branding instead of Nintendo.
    Think it might be gone though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Goodbye productivity. Archive.org added 1300+ Amiga games to their software library!

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_amiga_games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice PS2 shooter for small money
    http://www.adverts.ie/11090964
    Steel Dragon Ex, a combination of a lousy game, Steel Dragon Ex and a great one Shienryu.
    And probably for €10 including postage.

Actually the seller has some nice packages for sale, worth looking at

Japanese Blue Pokémon N64, not a bad price €125
    http://www.adverts.ie/11090784

Japanese Orange Pokémon N64, not a bad price once again €125
    http://www.adverts.ie/11090764

Pong clone €36
    Videomaster Colourscore and 3 x games
    http://www.adverts.ie/11092361

Also an Oscilliscope for €150
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/13056105
    Teltronix TDS 340A 2 ch Oscilloscope

eddhorse wrote: »
    Also an Oscilliscope for €150
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/13056105
    Teltronix TDS 340A 2 ch Oscilloscope

I wonder if could run this?

• Advertisement

my road show is still for sale over on pinballinfo
    Buyer deiced to back out without telling me,for a week.
    This is the 2nd time in a row this has happened to me.same with star trek.
    http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/roadshow-again-%C2%A31550.34017/
    obviously theirs a better local rate

kTZO_Jf4XhWEfQbxJvg8vGrD5Vb-jessYkaNmoGJOAzezzRY6IveZ5mKLJfHjNRkw5B3re48GRJqYw=w1920-h1200-rw-no

eddhorse wrote: »

I just want the control panel!!!

The seller seems to suggest that the CP is original and so this is a r@re cabinet, but it's aftermarket....

Sell it to me now!!!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

The seller seems to suggest that the CP is original and so this is a r@re cabinet, but it's aftermarket....

Sell it to me now!!!

Yeah afaik the only original AWSD control panels are single player, any two player ones you see are custom.

Super price assuming everything works. I'd bring along a step down and PCB to test screen and CP. Especially the screen - seeing as she had issues connecting a PC to it.

Edit: If I lived in Limerick I'd be straight in with the asking price pending an inspection ofcourse.

Sell it to me now!!!

Thats the closest you will get, you will have to buy the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭geotrig

Yeah afaik the only original AWSD control panels are single player, any two player ones you see are custom.

Super price assuming everything works. I'd bring along a step down and PCB to test screen and CP. Especially the screen - seeing as she had issues connecting a PC to it.

Edit: If I lived in Limerick I'd be straight in with the asking price pending an inspection ofcourse.

haha ...I live in limerick and would if I had the money at the mo:( ... I think this came in on the ico9 order with my e2 ...although id feel dirty putting it next the the e2

the screen issue could be just funny sync setting on the card ..but could be more as well

and its adverts ¬!

Aye could be something simple (the j-pac will split the image in two to protect the monitor depending on the PC resolution iirc) or not.

Isn't martineatworld a user on here? To answer his question - yes it will play normal jamma games assuming he means jamma PCBs. If you're emulating then it plays whatever. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭geotrig

Aye could be something simple (the j-pac will split the image in two to protect the monitor depending on the PC resolution iirc) or not.

Isn't martineatworld a user on here? To answer his question - yes it will play normal jamma games assuming he means jamma PCBs. If you're emulating then it plays whatever. :)

its should also be mainly wired for jamma with a some options for jvs input , the monitor should be an autoswitching tri sync also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

User/extreme lurker...
    Ive been onto him and I'm/he's not quite sure how the jamma harness has been altered, so it may not accept . Which isn't great as it'll be my first cab and I'm not sure what to look for..!
    It came with a pc installed, and the issue arose when he tried to upgrade the graphics card. It does sound like an issue caused by that only. I hope!
    He's being very helpful anyway so I think he's sending on a few pics, might post them here if someone wants to help?!

Thanks for the help on my previous question!

Putting in a new jamma harness and psu is an absolute piece of piss (and cheap) if it needs to be done.
    if the monitor works your laughing
    well done!

• Advertisement

Yeah post away with any pics and we can have a look.

Hooking up a PC to a candy using a J-PAC usually doesn't mean altering the jamma harness, or not in my experience. See here - https://www.ultimarc.com/jpac.html - the PC plugs into the J-PAC and then the J-PAC plugs into the jamma harness. I would forget about that aspect of it for the minute and plug a proper jamma PCB into the harness and see if it works - does the screen work, speakers, sticks, buttons. Does he have keys for any/all of the locks. You'll need access to each panel including the control panel. Although new locks and keys can be gotten online if need be.

If you don't have a jamma pcb try source a loan of one, you literally plug it into the jamma harness (don't plug it in upside down, harness prob has a top marker on it or keyed with a gap that will match up with the jamma edge on the pcb) and power on the cab.

€500 is an amazing price for a candy once the important bits are working ok (the monitor being the main one) but you'll be spending more on it at some stage anyway. Oh and careful transporting it, lie it on it's back if you can.

Best of luck, plenty of help here.

Sounds like they didnt use a correct graphics card or software for the pc (soft15khz). Couldnt get it to sync.

As said you can take out the pc and parts and just use a jamma board.

More pics would help but fun times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Sell it to me now!!!

That's a repo 2 player panel.

Seller "knows" the panel is a rare original but no clue if harness hacked. Hmm

Also messing around with PC boxes and gfx cards can easily fry a chassis. Been there, done that. twice. Those standard wei ys chassis are very sensitive to resolutions. I don't know if the chassis is fried but getting some monitor on screenshots would be very important. Fried chassis can be easily fixed mind for 100 notes.

This looks like an AGS 101 for sale.
    And cheap too, €40
    I've asked for the model number to be sure.
    http://www.adverts.ie/11101916

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hard to tell from the pic, nearly looks like a poorly done backlight mod.

hard to tell from the pic, nearly looks like a poorly done backlight mod.

Well, the case is the right colour, ice blue, and it's not a 001 judging by the lit screen.

edit: Damn, confirmed 001 bugger :(

Some arcade PCB's
    http://www.adverts.ie/11112880

Pricey and not sure what what the Sony CD based mayokey is

presumed working......pull the other one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

presumed working......pull the other one!

Exactly! In my world that means untested so presume repair required not presume working.
    Price should reflect same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement