Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Player1 Gaming: Shane

Myrddin wrote: »
    That's my only criticism, personally I'm far more likely to buy in bulk with lower priced games. If you had games up on the site that were <€10 with free delivery, I know I'd prob do a fair bit of buying from you guys. While I'd still consider the dearer games, I think I'd be less likely to buy them. If it's at all feasible, you should consider throwing ALL your games up on the site :) Otherwise, great job...the free national shipping thing is how it should be done. If you get up & running, maybe consider the likes of 3 for 30 type deals etc

Great feedback Myrddin.
    When you do free shipping anything sub 10 euro is hard to break even on but I think you may have hit the nail with the 3 game bundle deals. I'm sure we could do some of our cheaper games at 3 for 10 or 3 for 15 and make it viable that way as it would be one shipment.

We'll discuss the sub 10 euro side of it here and post back if we can work something out.

Other suggestions are totally welcome too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Great feedback Myrddin.
    When you do free shipping anything sub 10 euro is hard to break even on but I think you may have hit the nail with the 3 game bundle deals. I'm sure we could do some of our cheaper games at 3 for 10 or 3 for 15 and make it viable that way as it would be one shipment.

We'll discuss the sub 10 euro side of it here and post back if we can work something out.

Yeah thats understandable, the free post is a great way to incentivise business. As you say though, if you throw up your €10 and below games, you could lock them into a 3 for 30 type deal, to perhaps shift them on & keep the numbers turning. Fair play on being open to feedback, it's nice to see a retailer always open to potential improvements :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Great feedback Myrddin.

Yeah, free postage and good selection of retro games and hardware and you could count on me as a regular customer for sure. I usually have retro deliveries coming in to me ever second day, so I'd be glad to send some of my custom your way if the prices were good :)

• Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Player1 Gaming: Shane

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, free postage and good selection of retro games and hardware and you could count on me as a regular customer for sure. I usually have retro deliveries coming in to me ever second day, so I'd be glad to send some of my custom your way if the prices were good :)

Great, well keep an eye on the site over the next 2 or 3 weeks and we'll start to update the retro end of things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A three pack of Gley Lancer, Phantasy Star IV and Musha comes in you can have €30, I'll even cover postage! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sayonara Umiharakawase is 50% off (down to €12) on the e-shop for 3DS. Retr0 was singing it's praises not so long ago - puzzle platformer I believe. Just in case anyone was interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not a puzzle platformer really. More like a platformer with really bizarre rope physics that can be fully exploited to do some very crazy and inventive things. More people should buy and play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Haven't gotten around to the 3DS version yet, but I loved the Super Famicom version. Is the level design any different to the earlier games? From what I've seen of the PS1/PSP games they're pretty much just a port of the original.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a brand new game, the 3rd in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

What was the 2nd? Was there one on the DS?

• Advertisement

The first was on the SNES, the second was on the PS1. The DS version has the first and second games together and some new levels. It's pretty hard to find!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sayonara Umiharakawase is 50% off (down to €12) on the e-shop for 3DS. Retr0 was singing it's praises not so long ago - puzzle platformer I believe. Just in case anyone was interested.

Cheers, didn't even know it had been released on the European eShop.

Game seems solidly enjoyable, but it has been a long, long time since I've played a game so straight-up ugly. Absolutely horrid art design :( As much as the 'graphics don't really matter' arguments hold some weight, these are almost distractingly nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Cheers, didn't even know it had been released on the European eShop.

Game seems solidly enjoyable, but it has been a long, long time since I've played a game so straight-up ugly. Absolutely horrid art design :( As much as the 'graphics don't really matter' arguments hold some weight, these are almost distractingly nasty.

Well the series has always been fugly as ****. Part of the charm. It was indie before that was even a thing, made by a one man team. Purists would recoil in horror if it didn't have crappy backdrops and terrible fish enemies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Check out this Neo Geo collection for sale.

Suddenly I don't feel like such a freak :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well the series has always been fugly as ****. Part of the charm. It was indie before that was even a thing, made by a one man team. Purists would recoil in horror if it didn't have crappy backdrops and terrible fish enemies :pac:

Proof that purists sometimes should be ignored :p

The fish designs are amusing, but other than that it's just dreadful looking. Not charming dreadful either. When tiny or one man teams can produce games like Dust, Braid or Device 6, then sadly I don't think there's much defence anymore for such poor artwork for a new game. The game is still fun, mind, but this is one case where stronger visuals would have been a definite benefit. And they could have easily kept the dodgy fish ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just got an email from GOG about their 6th Birthday Sale.

Has anyone watched that Pixel Poetry documentary? Just wondering if it's worth the fiver asking price. :)

http://www.gog.com/movie/pixel_poetry

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Nintendo UK had it but cancelled orders to parcel motel addresses, only GAME seem to have had it in the UK. It was available from Germany on preorder here, that link came from over on the Nintendo forum, but seems to be out of stock there now too. Seems to be thin on the ground all over:(

I was looking around online for the Bayonetta 2 First Print Edition. It seemed that http://www.amazon.fr/Bayonetta-2-édition-première/dp/B00NBPD8ZK/ had a copy to order until I translated "Inscrivez-vous pour être prévenu lorsque cet article sera disponible" to basically mean sold out :(

As a consolation though they had the hard to find "Hyrule Warrious limited edition" still available www.amazon.fr/Nintendo-Hyrule-Warriors-édition-limitée/dp/B00MFPSR2Q :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was looking around online for the Bayonetta 2 First Print Edition. It seemed that http://www.amazon.fr/Bayonetta-2-édition-première/dp/B00NBPD8ZK/ had a copy to order until I translated "Inscrivez-vous pour être prévenu lorsque cet article sera disponible" to basically mean sold out :(

As a consolation though they had the hard to find "Hyrule Warrious limited edition" still available www.amazon.fr/Nintendo-Hyrule-Warriors-édition-limitée/dp/B00MFPSR2Q :D

I may be stupid but what's the difference between the first print bayonetta and the limted edition 2 game?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I may be stupid but what's the difference between the first print bayonetta and the limted edition 2 game?

Limited edition has the two games. The First Print edition comes in a fancy replica of a book from the game and includes an art of Bayonetta book in it.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Limited edition has the two games. The First Print edition comes in a fancy replica of a book from the game and includes an art of Bayonetta book in it.

Sold out everywhere I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup, sold out within the day I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Didn't know whether to link this here or over in the dreamers thread. A retro gaming console, 250 euro. Only two left, be quick.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/retro-gaming-console/6383794

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well here's one which may horrify ciderdude.

A Robotron cab - that's had the bottom section lopped off to cut it down for some reason!

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/fo-williams-robotron-2084-mini-cab_topic340753.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well here's one which may horrify ciderdude.

A Robotron cab - that's had the bottom section lopped off to cut it down for some reason!

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/fo-williams-robotron-2084-mini-cab_topic340753.html

:eek:

No sign of a price either...

I'd love one though, nearly thinking of that rough and ready cab Mitch has on Adverts and doing a conversion, except I like being married and being physically attached to my gonads, rather than having to appreciate them on a shelf, floating in a jar of formaldehyde.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    :eek:

No sign of a price either...

I'd love one though, nearly thinking of that rough and ready cab Mitch has on Adverts and doing a conversion, except I like being married and being physically attached to my gonads, rather than having to appreciate them on a shelf, floating in a jar of formaldehyde.

That's not a bad cab, needs a good clean up but looks solid. If I had the space I'd take it, cheap base cab for a Robotron conversion as you said. A cab you've always wanted, you can tell Mrs Ciderman you won it a raffle to help raise funds for a needy cause. The cause may well be the reattachment of your b@lls after you return home with it, only time may tell if this will be the case.

If push comes to shove and you do lose your b@lls, I will take it upon myself to sell enough tickets to cover the cost of any surgery you may need in the future as a direct result from the purchase of the cab. It's a win win situation, you get your cab and you get your b@lls back.

Yeah ,
    And on a brighter note I could cut it down, like the Robotron one, so I could play it from my wheelchair!

Will this edition be a french language box and booklet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement