Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

A friend of mine is looking for the following games for Mega Drive:

World of illusion

Sunset Riders

Altered Beast

Alien Storm

Anyone around these parts selling any copies?

Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »

Shipping is very steep, it comes as 19.99 but that's within the US with no option for overseas.
    Plus, if I can get the dimensions I can have it are locally, those details aren't on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Shipping is very steep, it comes as 19.99 but that's within the US with no option for overseas.
    Plus, if I can get the dimensions I can have it are locally, those details aren't on site.

Drop him a mail as he has just some default shipping options and prices online. He is not a rip off merchant.

Panels are expensive to ship though. I've had three separate panels shipped from within Europe. Almost 20 Euro shipping in each case.

And I posted one myself using An Post. Think it was 14 quid to UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I may make a template myself from the existing CP, price a local fabricator for the job on 1.5mm steel.
    I can order an overlay to apply easily enough.
    I've seen a few plans for the button positions so it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Bit of a mad auction here, someone in Ireland selling 9 different variants of Super Metroid. I didn't know there were so many fan hacks?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Super-Nintendo-SNES-SUPER-METROID-VARIANT-BUNDLE-/271571102382?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f3ae62aae

o1s1n wrote: »
    Bit of a mad auction here, someone in Ireland selling 9 different variants of Super Metroid. I didn't know there were so many fan hacks?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Super-Nintendo-SNES-SUPER-METROID-VARIANT-BUNDLE-/271571102382?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f3ae62aae

It's a little steep for a series of repro games isn't it?
    Or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

It's a little steep for a series of repro games isn't it?
    Or is it?

Yup, a little steep alright - all seem just to be ROM hacks which could be easily played via flash cart or emu;
    http://metroidconstruction.com/hacks.php?x=top

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Yup, a little steep alright - all seem just to be ROM hacks which could be easily played via flash cart or emu;
    http://metroidconstruction.com/hacks.php?x=top

And in typical ebay fashion the auction will be allowed to remain, despite them essentially pirate carts/reproductions

I can't link to it from here but there is a copy of Trackmania on the DS for a fiver on Adverts right now.
    Well worth the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

I can't link to it from here but there is a copy of Trackmania on the DS for a fiver on Adverts right now.
    Well worth the asking price.

Just saw it there, don't collect Ds, but if u can't find it on eBay it must be obscure lol.

Its cheaper on amazon thought.

Flaregon wrote: »
    Just saw it there, don't collect Ds, but if u can't find it on eBay it must be obscure lol.

Its cheaper on amazon thought.

Not sure, it's just a lovely game and runs at 60 fps AFAIK. It also has a sequel Trackmania Turbo that is even better , but they're both excellent.
    I'm having strange feelings about leaving Trackmania for the Wii behind :(
    I'm bidding on a Grail item for me right now on EBay, if I don't win I'll go back and get the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Not sure, it's just a lovely game and runs at 60 fps AFAIK. It also has a sequel Trackmania Turbo that is even better , but they're both excellent.
    I'm having strange feelings about leaving Trackmania for the Wii behind :(
    I'm bidding on a Grail item for me right now on EBay, if I don't win I'll go back and get the game.
    what item ?

Flaregon wrote: »
    what item ?

Over on the Got New Sh1te thread !
    Its mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Game are taking orders for it, I have been let down by them in the past on preorders. Going to give them another go on this though.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hyrule-warriors-limited-edition-only-at-game-304287?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=737276&catGroupId=

Game cancelled the order said it was sold out. So that's the nintendo store not delivering to parcel model and game sold out.

Any other options? There is one on Amazon for £100stg

This thing is going to be super rare as it's so hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

Can someone riddle me this?

Why does it apparently cost more to ship a japanese import Saturn title from the UK than from Australia, the US or Japan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

BCGMatt wrote: »
    Can someone riddle me this?

Why does it apparently cost more to ship a japanese import Saturn title from the UK than from Australia, the US or Japan?

delboy-248x300.jpg

Steve SI wrote: »
    delboy-248x300.jpg

Would you buy a copy of Gal.Gun from this man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Game cancelled the order said it was sold out. So that's the nintendo store not delivering to parcel model and game sold out.

Any other options? There is one on Amazon for £100stg

This thing is going to be super rare as it's so hard to get.

When did you place your order? and when did they let you know it was cancelled. I placed mine on the 10th of August. Haven't heard anything since, dispatch or cancellation. Just mailed them there, won't be holding my breath for a reply though.

Would you buy a copy of Gal.Gun from this man?

Yes, he looks totally genuine and not like I would end up with an overpriced anything ever

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Now here's a nice bargain. Someone selling their whole arcade collection for £1800

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64873&PID=632539#632539

Dear Forum Users,

Unfortunately, I must give up my arcade collection because of family causes. As the transportation of the game machines one by one would be rather expensive if you bought all of them in one eg. "group buy", I could deliver them to an address with a van at a reasonable price.
    If you are interested, please, contact me by writing a private message.

The list of games and machines:
    Sega New Astro City cabinet (bought from Rklok) very light burn-in, with 110v-220v transformer
    Sega Naomi Universal cabinet with net-dimm and Naomi 1 motherboard 220v very light "insert coin" burn in
    Two universal wooden cabinet with new empty control panel, no burn-in, 220v

Capcom Cadillacs and Dinosaurs Q sound boxed i think its a conversion
    Capcom The Punisher Q sound boxed i think its a conversion
    Capcom Saturday Night slam Masters in original factory condition with original parts, joysticks, marquee etc.
    Capcom Carrier Air Wing
    Capcom Streetfighter 2 World Warrior
    Capcom Magic Sword
    Robocop
    Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament
    1942 bootleg
    Some pcbs i didnt try (Golden Axe, Konami pcb?, Ridge Racer etc.)
    NeoGeo stereo motherboard
    Much much arcade spares cables, adaptors, power supplys, sega virtual on game boards, spares, sega virtua striker megalo game board, spares, 30" arcade crt

Edited: There is a Sega Thunderblade Deluxe machine in my garage under repair, if it is fit to the van i give it for free. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Tekken Tag?

HHHHNNNGGGGG....

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Monkeykube wrote: »
    When did you place your order? and when did they let you know it was cancelled. I placed mine on the 10th of August. Haven't heard anything since, dispatch or cancellation. Just mailed them there, won't be holding my breath for a reply though.

One of the days last week, after the 10th anyway. I would have ordered from GAME sooner but I held off as there was still a chance of Nintendo.co.uk fulfilling the order and I didn't want to end up with two copies.

Are there any shops like HMV in Ireland that you can pre-order it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

None of the Irish shops have it listed on their websites. Some don't even have the standard copy listed. Was it a GAME exclusive?

Fecking brilliant, and it isn't even April!
    link

None of the Irish shops have it listed on their websites. Some don't even have the standard copy listed. Was it a GAME exclusive?

Nintendo UK had it but cancelled orders to parcel motel addresses, only GAME seem to have had it in the UK. It was available from Germany on preorder here, that link came from over on the Nintendo forum, but seems to be out of stock there now too. Seems to be thin on the ground all over:(

Gamestop have it on their website, but I have a feeling its already sold out

• Advertisement

BCGMatt wrote: »
    Gamestop have it on their website, but I have a feeling its already sold out

It may not be, 80 euros for the limited and 70 for the normal version:eek:. It's moments like this that remind me that Gamestop are bunch of robbing b******s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement