Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If you're suitably prepared, the US PSN shop has a couple of nifty little sales going on. Picked up Bioshock and Chrono Cross for just €3.60 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Not quite a bargain but someday.......Tron cab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I be happy with just a bartop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

sugarman wrote: »
    Any Tesco that was formally a Crazy Prices would have had stock, and id imagine quite a few still have some sort of stock unknowingly lying in a corner of their stores gathering dust.

About 10years ago I picked up a number of Sega Gamegear games in a reduced basket in Tesco Omni.

And in recent times I have seen PS1 memory cards/games as well as Dreamcast and Saturn games in tesco clearance baskets.

Would love to have a good rummage around some of the store rooms around the country!

That is absolutely amazing!
    Must be the most unlikely place ever for Retro Gaming bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    If you're suitably prepared, the US PSN shop has a couple of nifty little sales going on. Picked up Bioshock and Chrono Cross for just €3.60 each.

I took your advice, didn't get any retro stuff though, but think I got a good deal on the "Flash Sale" Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur V and Midnight Club LA Complete Edition for $20 total.

A lot of Japanese games on there too, but I didn't know anything about them to comment on whether they're good value or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Hygro wrote: »
    I took your advice, didn't get any retro stuff though, but think I got a good deal on the "Flash Sale" Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur V and Midnight Club LA Complete Edition for $20 total.

A lot of Japanese games on there too, but I didn't know anything about them to comment on whether they're good value or not.

I'm figuring by virtue of it being priced in dollars, it's likely to ring up more a deal than anything that'd show up on the EU end of things. I was looking at finally picking up Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix, for completionist purposes and I scrolled onto the EU store, €14.99: no dice. I took a peep at the US store to see it trading at $9.99, less than half the price we're itched to pay.

The sale-tax argument is moot too, especially if you're paying in PSN cards- it doesn't apply. EU gamers getting ripped is a gaming yarn as old as the medium itself, but it don't make it any less egregious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Great price for Esp RaDe, just missed out on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,569 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

More than I can afford unfortunately!

Was a nice price for Esp Ra De alright. I was considering buying the one on AO which was listed at 225 euro.

Batsugun is pricey alright but it is one of those grail boards.

Esprade was very cheap. Went quickly no surprise.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    More than I can afford unfortunately!

Was a nice price for Esp Ra De alright. I was considering buying the one on AO which was listed at 225 euro.

lol I was looking at that one myself, may wait for next time though, picked up a few boards during the week and nabbed the Fighting hawk one.

Master of the Universe

€225 is temping for a Cave board, but Esp Ra De seems to be one of those boards that you're just better off waiting for it to be listed for sub 150 - and pounce!

Nice one on the Fighting Hawk PCB. That's one game I haven't really played very much.

True, i've seen Esp Ra De going for similar in the past, so prolly best to wait it out. Fighting Hawk was good at the price, its solid enough and seems fairly easy but I've only played it in mame so we'll see. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

True, i've seen Esp Ra De going for similar in the past, so prolly best to wait it out. Fighting Hawk was good at the price, its solid enough and seems fairly easy but I've only played it in mame so we'll see. :)

Nice purchase on Fighting Hawk, have that one myself but the game resets itself. Did you notice the similarity of the music to another more famous Taito game?

Esp Ra De for under €150?? Be surprised to see that. That Batsugan was crazy money imo.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Esp Ra De for under €150?? Be surprised to see that..

The one listed just there on J+ was £130 (€158)

I've seen quite a few of them listed for that and a little bit under over the year. Unfortunately I've just been too slow to get to any of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I just bought a used Icade core on ebay for £20 including UK shipping.

A few mins later i found it for the exact same price NEW on amazon! D'oh! :o

Just as well it's boxed and in mint condition.

Damn ebay auction was ending while I was rushing off to Pompeii 3D and threw down a bid.

Anyone with a jailbroken iPad should buy one, or buy the cabinet version from ciderman!

Load up imame4all and the gp2x romset and yer laughing, just don't ask how on this forum as its against the rules.

Heres the amazon link to the core version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcade-Game-Controller-iPhone-ICADE_CORE/dp/B008BGY2I6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399329345&sr=8-2&keywords=Icade

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah, been watching it since they announced it. Big price for a NES(500 dollars)which is to be expected from that crowd. They do make nice stuff though as I purchased from them before.
    I'll wait on the reviews for this one I think instead of preordering.

That iCade seller seems really nice, he's replacing it with a Bartop from Pauls Custom Cabs.

Oisín will love this!

1622517_1449491761953445_993917262_o.jpg

1912152_1449491395286815_1258437028_o.jpg

1907717_1449491921953429_1833450545_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Humble store sale

Few nice deals going in the humble store if anyone is interested

• Advertisement

See that Atomiswave on Adverts had another price drop to 1000. Getting close to a sensible price if it really is as minty as he says.

Seller is still reluctant to post any more photos especially geometry ones though.

http://www.adverts.ie/4456262

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's expensive because he imported it from Japan? Not my problem, I'm not importing from Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The ad really needs pics of the cab working, with screen geometry etc..plus a price drop to stand any hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I can understand the seller trying to get back the cost of freight from Japan but I can't see it selling for that. I would have thought an asking of around 800 less Adverts overpricing tax of around 100, leaving a price of 700. It puts me off straight away when a seller can't or won't upload pictures when requested by a potential buyer especially given their original asking price.
    If it was the first cab I was getting it would have to have a two player panel, that's probably another 150 or so on top of what you pay for the cab itself, starting to look fairly expensive now given they're are no pictures of the screen yet.

He doesn't want to sell it if you ask me.

So I just got myself a nice 9” Sony PVM(should have it in a day or two). I’m still on the lookout for a larger one or a Bang and Olufsen Beovision tv but this will be a nice little thing to have I think(those little screens are supposed to be very crisp).

Anyway, every so often I do kick myself as 7 years ago I worked for RTE and used to deal with the technicians there a bit(or basement monkeys as we called them). I’m sure I could have gotten a load of PVM’s, racks of them as they used to be stored in the basement when they were retired :0( I even remember being in the control room when Nuala the weather girl was doing the lunchtime weather and looking at the little monitors and think “hmm, nice screens them for a CRT”.

Edit:
    Oops, just realised I posted this in wrong section :o

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

o1s1n wrote: »
    €225 is temping for a Cave board, but Esp Ra De seems to be one of those boards that you're just better off waiting for it to be listed for sub 150 - and pounce!

Nice one on the Fighting Hawk PCB. That's one game I haven't really played very much.

The somewhat cheaper Esp ra.de boards are usually the international version .
    Play the same but you know...purists and Japanese originals ..

Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    The somewhat cheaper Esp ra.de boards are usually the international version .
    Play the same but you know...purists and Japanese originals ..

I believe the only differences are 'Atlus' written on the PCB and the FMV sequence at the start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

decent price for a 60in1 "woody" with a working coin mech?

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machine/5434507

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

No Atlus on the board, the only difference is the opening animation and English text .
    You can burn any version you want and change the roms anyway .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement