Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I found that about him as well. When he sold me Megaman X and the Mega CD I felt bad and told him it was worth more than what he was looking for and he said he got them cheap so is passing the price on. Totally sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah I found that about him as well. When he sold me Megaman X and the Mega CD I felt bad and told him it was worth more than what he was looking for and he said he got them cheap so is passing the price on. Totally sound guy.

Miss his shop, spent Thursdays there playing power diggerz, the rarest game I've even trade him, it was Crazy, fit the shop well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Flaregon wrote: »
    I'm friends with Retro on facebook he's on the level, he get stuff cheap and hate to ask Crazy , so if he asked 20 he sold it for 20.

I know, I'm simply a cynical git from Adverts type shenanigans. I met him, nice bloke and bought a few things from him.
    He says if he comes across another he'll let me know, so no worries.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I know, I'm simply a cynical git from Adverts type shenanigans. I met him, nice bloke and bought a few things from him.
    He says if he comes across another he'll let me know, so no worries.

Hope he comes into a few plantation gamez, need more rpgs lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Flaregon wrote: »
    Miss his shop, spent Thursdays there playing power diggerz, the rarest game I've even trade him, it was Crazy, fit the shop well.

Hmm, I have that, didn't know it was rare!
    Prices seem variable tbh

• Advertisement

Hmm, I have that, didn't know it was rare!
    Prices seem variable tbh

It is to a degree, it looks/sounds like a a shelf ware game but its quite well made, how wide an audience does a digger game have? It build like a kids game for 20 something .

It many be more obcure then rare, but I've only seen 1 copy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,707 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's a really interesting joystick for a good price.

It works with both the PCE and the Megadrive.

It's a clone of the Neo Geo AES stick (apparently it has microswitches too!) and oddly, the buttons are modeled after the Megadrive arcade stick.

I had an offer of £24 but withdrew it as I just don't have the space for another stick.

I can't find any info about them online anywhere. Oddly, there's a compartment at the bottom for batteries and looks to be a wireless indicator light on the front of it. I wonder did it originally come with a wireless receiver too?

One down side, the cable has a bit of a break on it. It works, but requires some fiddling. Easy fix though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151213240505&ssPageName=ADME:X:BORO:GB:1123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »

Really nice. Though for that money, I'd prefer source an original Outrun sit down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Holy crap a doodle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ohhh Jeeeebus I want..It does look it excellent nick.
    Where do people hide these in Ireland!!!

4g's though come on though.
    1 grand would be the most i'd pay for it..maybe would go for extra €100-200
    It'll never shift at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

It'll never shift at that price

That's probably the plan, told the wife its up for sale so shes happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Unsure if this is a bargain or worth sharing.
    "Excellent Arcade Online Shop" are selling CAVE Ibara JAMMA board for $320 or €234 pre-shipping. Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Not retro but Official Wii U headsets in the bargain bin in PC world. regular 3.5 jack too :)

Edit, damn it: €5.97

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Danonino. wrote: »
    Not retro but Official Wii U headsets in the bargain bin in PC world. regular 3.5 jack too :)

that didn't take long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Nah they've been selling off their gaming stuff a long time now. there was plenty of 360 and PS3 stuff in there too along with things like VCR to DVD kits and the like. Most of the stuff is unofficial though. I bought the headset to use with the 360 and pc and schtuff :)

although thats just to make myself feel better about not owning a wii u :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I've got a number of retro-related items in my Adverts, open to offers!

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-160438

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Danonino. wrote: »

Very low volume on these make them hard to recommend based on the already low volume of the gamepad (and 3ds!) turtle beach m5's are a great alternative way to go for a cheap set of headphones for the wii u.

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Console--Black-Premium-Pack--Nintendoland-!125012-prd.aspx
    see WiiU premium pack is down to 225 in Smyth's, anyone not throwing money at the machine for that money is mad!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

http://www.toys.ie/Wii-U-Console--Black-Premium-Pack--Nintendoland-!125012-prd.aspx
    see WiiU premium pack is down to 225 in Smyth's, anyone not throwing money at the machine for that money is mad!

If it came with Mario 3D World and a Pro controller then it might be mildly tempting. Will wait til Christmas and see how it looks then I reckon.

Master of the Universe

So it's 275 for a WiiU with Mario 3D World? That's very tempting indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If it came with Mario 3D World and a Pro controller then it might be mildly tempting. Will wait til Christmas and see how it looks then I reckon.

The premium pack comes with a pro controller does it not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Master of the Universe

I'm really starting to warm to the idea of this gamepad screen. Just kind of dawned on me how much I'll probably enjoy it as I really do love Nintendo handhelds (and it could more or less be viewed as a fancy handheld)

Achilles wrote: »
    The premium pack comes with a pro controller does it not?

Only the limited edition Zombi U bundle came with it I think?
    o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm really starting to warm to the idea of this gamepad screen. Just kind of dawned on me how much I'll probably enjoy it as I really do love Nintendo handhelds (and it could more or less be viewed as a fancy handheld)

I tell you what it's great for, proper, proper Snes emulation. The vc stuff on it is class, & honestly, as a controller itself, it's perfectly fine. I have yet to use my pro controller, over a year on.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Only the limited edition Zombi U bundle came with it I think?

I tell you what it's great for, proper, proper Snes emulation. The vc stuff on it is class, & honestly, as a controller itself, it's perfectly fine. I have yet to use my pro controller, over a year on.

I use the pro controller a fair bit with Mario 3D World... Land or whichever it is.

It's a bit annoying that it doesn't work with Sonic: Lost World though as the battery in the WiiU Gamepad is shockingly bad.

I can't have a PSU connected to it as I game either as the charger is wired to a docking station beside the TV.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I should get this for the missus... only let her out when dinner needs to be cooked and services need to be rendered.

*prepares to go down with the ship...*

Godspeed men, it was an honour serving with you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Unusual to find a veloceraptor CIB but at that price I'm glad I'm not that sort of collector.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement