Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Managed to mess it up myself the one time I tried it :( The Nes region mod is as far as my modding powers will ever go

I know that feel!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Achilles wrote: »
    I know that feel!

And with that we all looked away, embarrassed.... ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Nothing? It's of no use to me now really anyway and I can't be arsed replacing the screen on it as it's caused me enough frustration.

You can have it for nowt, if you fancy re-embursing me with a swap or whatever that's up to you but it's not expected at all.

I have it in work with me here and I'll be around Stephen's Green later today hopefully after 5pm meeting up with Steve_Si so if you're around you can have it later.
    ah grand :), I'll try and make my way to the city centre in the next day or so if you can hang on to it (I'll drop you a pm):)

Head's up. Mate of mine just put me on to this:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/street-fighter-x-tekken-arcade-stick-fightstick-xbox-360-ps3-49-99-gameshark-1540893

Won't be getting it myself as I've already spent way too much cash since pay day but worth a look for people that want to mod it with proper buttons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,459 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not a bad deal at all.

Shame it has a sanwa stick and buttons. I'd have bought one if it was seimitsu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not a bad deal at all.

With the £90 saving you could buy some tasty Seimitsu's and swap them in. :)

On the topic of sticks, it always seems to be fight sticks on the market - can't think of a single shmup stick, or one marketed as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,459 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    With the £90 saving you could buy some tasty Seimitsu's and swap them in. :)

On the topic of sticks, it always seems to be fight sticks on the market - can't think of a single shmup stick, or one marketed as such.

It's the demand I guess! In the grand scheme of things, nobody really plays shmups :(

That special edition Futari stick had Seimitsu parts from what I remember.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not a bad deal at all.

That's why I mentioned people wanting to swap in proper buttons. I consider Seimitsu proper order.

Although I probably don't know what I'm talking about considering that I'm building my own cab with knockoff Chinesey Seimitsu clones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I just stuck up a really nice Sega Multi-Mega on adverts.

http://www.adverts.ie/3042745

26687622032408450722888.jpg

I'll give a nice discount if it goes to a good home here on A&R :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Steve SI wrote: »
    I just stuck up a really nice Sega Multi-Mega on adverts.

http://www.adverts.ie/3042745

26687622032408450722888.jpg

I'll give a nice discount if it goes to a good home here on A&R :)

What kind of discount Steve? :D

• Advertisement

RNB wrote: »

Depends on the person, for you I'll charge an extra 20 Euro :D

RNB wrote: »

But seriously, I suppose I can knock 20 euro off the asking for A&R regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

**** I wish I had some spare cash. Thats a good price Steve!

**** I wish I had some spare cash. Thats a good price Steve!

I always have good prices :)
    I've replaced it with a NTSC CDX so this PAL Multi Mega is looking for another caring home.

Can't wait for an adverts mod to come along, move it and say something along the lines of: "Ohh, we felt that your advertisement belonged in the portable CD player section..."

Wow it looks like it's actually pricier than I thought it was. You can pick them up second hand here it seems:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002JTWNIM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

I'm not sure my brother even uses the one that I gave to him though, I'll ask if I can have it back. If you fancy gluing some of it back together it's yours to keep if you want it... providing he gives it back of course!

I'd like to see somebody get some enjoyment out of it anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

On the issue of retrogame prices in bricks and mortar stores debacle, as the national media are calling it, we have Retropolis selling Twilight Princess, for the GC, at €35.....
    Not bad, given this is selling for considerably more elsewhere.
    This info was on their FB page, fyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good price if mint, if it was The Rage you'd probably only get the disc for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Where exactly are CeX & Retropolis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

EnterNow wrote: »
    Where exactly are CeX & Retropolis?

Cex is on Liffey Street, beside Arnotts.
    Retropolis is half way up Thomas Street on the left (coming from Christchurch).

• Advertisement

Put up a few more bits on Adverts.
    Looks like the resi 2 bargain has already been spotted.

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-49391/status_active/type_all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah, pity I was too slow.
    Too bad everyone didn't sell with your kind of prices and when are you going to sell a 3do?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah, pity I was too slow.
    Too bad everyone didn't sell with your kind of prices and when are you going to sell a 3do?

Haha, no 3DO's going up at the moment :)

Haha, some adverts user is trying to convince me over PM my Multi-Mega is only worth 65 euro :)

Gotta love adverts, or not :)

Haha, some adverts user is trying to convince me over PM my Multi-Mega is only worth 65 euro :)

Gotta love adverts, or not :)

Report them for off thread dealing

Report them for off thread dealing

Is there any point though?

Is there any point though?

Has to be better than not reporting it anyway, the site will never change otherwise

Has to be better than not reporting it anyway, the site will never change otherwise

Yeah I suppose.
    Just did it there.

Ok ok ok... serious question here guys.

I could very easily sell my current Mega Drive II and Mega CD II setup to raise funds to purchase that Multimega. So very very tempted... how much do you guys think it could fetch for?

• Advertisement

Ok ok ok... serious question here guys.

I could very easily sell my current Mega Drive II and Mega CD II setup to raise funds to purchase that Multimega. So very very tempted... how much do you guys think it could fetch for?

Wasn't O1s1n looking for around 70 for a similar Megadrive 1 combo?
    But that might have been mates rates.
    Tbh, separately they'd be in the region of 30 and 50, but the market for them is small here.
    Good luck shifting them though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement