Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thats an electrocoin goliath, the xenon has a speaker grill thing just above the cpo, ive one at home, looks in good condition that one. interested to see what the "other 2 games " are!

Cabs do seem to be coming up a lot lately alright

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow I'd love this! Original Nintendo light up neon sign from a store.

Shame it's probably going to sell for a fortune and ships to the US only.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectible-Electrical-Light-Up-3D-NINTENDO-Wall-Sign-/261211615629?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd16cf18d

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in Xtravision in Ashbourne and it seems they are immune to the plague affecting much of the chain.
    I was looking at Gears of War 3, Forza 4 and Castlevania, all for the 360, and for €30 for the lot, but the minion couldn't find Forza 4 and I was in a hurry, so back on the shelf they went.
    In retrospect, I should have picked something else, €15 for GoW3 is pretty good.
    They had Uncharted 3 the previous day for €15 but it was sold by the time I got back with fundage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was in Xtravision in Ashbourne and it seems they are immune to the plague affecting much of the chain.
    I was looking at Gears of War 3, Forza 4 and Castlevania, all for the 360, and for €30 for the lot, but the minion couldn't find Forza 4 and I was in a hurry, so back on the shelf they went.
    In retrospect, I should have picked something else, €15 for GoW3 is pretty good.
    They had Uncharted 3 the previous day for €15 but it was sold by the time I got back with fundage!

When they can't find it, it often means it was priced wrong & they don't wanna sell it for the lower price. Read somewhere on here about it happening recently to someone too.

Uncharted 3 needs an online pass, so stick another tenner on the Xtra-Vision price if you want the game fully functional :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    When they can't find it, it often means it was priced wrong & they don't wanna sell it for the lower price. Read somewhere on here about it happening recently to someone too.

Uncharted 3 needs an online pass, so stick another tenner on the Xtra-Vision price if you want the game fully functional :(

The online stuff doesn't really make any odds to me, the series is normally only a six hour investment from start to finish so I won't be too worried.
    Does it contribute anything specific to the game?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The online stuff doesn't really make any odds to me, the series is normally only a six hour investment from start to finish so I won't be too worried.
    Does it contribute anything specific to the game?

I'd be more or less the same, usually don't give a damn about online but it can be a consideration depending on the game. In this case no, I doubt it adds anything to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Wasn't someone here looking for a Commando pcb ? One for sale on Jamma+++++++++++

Dont know if anyone is interested in this but was just over at pa preordering Dodonpachi Saidaioujou and noticed the ntsc version of deathsmiles limited edition is only €20, pay a bit for shipping of course but its not bad considering it cost me something like €75 on fleabay a while back :( nice faceplate with it though.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dh-49-en-70-3t89.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dont know if anyone is interested in this but was just over at pa preordering Dodonpachi Saidaioujou and noticed the ntsc version of deathsmiles limited edition is only €20, pay a bit for shipping of course but its not bad considering it cost me something like €75 on fleabay a while back :( nice faceplate with it though.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dh-49-en-70-3t89.html
    Out of stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Factory sealed Panzer Dragoon Saga

Admittedly, the box isn't A1 but considering the price PDS can go for these days, isn't that relatively cheap for a factory sealed version? Not sure how often they come up either... An investment piece!?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Well remember, that's just the opening price - still 7 days to go. And it has a reserve too!

Current bid: £100.00
    [ 1 bid ]
    Approximately EUR 118.19
    Reserve not met

Interesting item...would be worth a hell of a lot if the box wasn't so tatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well remember, that's just the opening price - still 7 days to go. And it has a reserve too!

Current bid: £100.00
    [ 1 bid ]
    Approximately EUR 118.19
    Reserve not met

Interesting item...would be worth a hell of a lot if the box wasn't so tatty.
    I'm talking about the BIN even!

Quick search of the completed listings showed one going for over £200. Admittedly minty, but not sealed. Have been putting off getting a copy for months and it's going for crazy money these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is that what passed for "sealed" back then? one little sticker? no selophane wrapping?

Master of the Universe

I'm talking about the BIN even!

Quick search of the completed listings showed one going for over £200. Admittedly minty, but not sealed. Have been putting off getting a copy for months and it's going for crazy money these days.

OH! Didn't see the BIN, apologies :)

The usual going rate is anywhere between £100-£200, it fluctuates a lot. If that really is a proper seal then yeah, it's pretty cheap for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Very nice indeed..

Ah lads no ones buying it?
    come on!

urbanledge wrote: »
    Ah lads no ones buying it?
    come on!

I'd love to buy it and it's a nice price and all but I could just never justify the spend.

I wonder if Mitchomagic would mind me paying for it in installments? :P

Achilles wrote: »
    I wonder if Mitchomagic would mind me paying for it in installments? :P

I'd say Mitch would be more than happy to take installments off you, considering its Purplec thats selling it :P

Free copy of Shenmue 1 for Dreamcast going if anybody wants it?

Disc 1 is a little bit dodgy and usually requires a fair bit of cleaning for it to boot up properly due to some minor scratches, every other disc is pristine.

There's no cardboard cover and one of the disc sleeves has been reprinted by myself, no point in trying to sell it in this condition.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

G'wan Enternow, time to join Candy Club!

I'd say Mitch would be more than happy to take installments off you, considering its Purplec thats selling it :P

I'm early... I'm tired... erm...

Yeah that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. To be fair it wouldn't be much of a stretch for me to have assumed it was one of mitchomagic's considering that he posts on this thread with his own arcade wares from time to time.

G'wan Enternow, time to join Candy Club!

Dropping two hundred quid on a cab is one thing, but the guts of a grand? Well outta my league at the mo :(

What cab is Andrew 76's? If I had the money, two of them would be keeping my other cabs company

Fire him a mail!
    I bet theres a good bit of adverts tax there!

Master of the Universe

Dropping two hundred quid on a cab is one thing, but the guts of a grand? Well outta my league at the mo :(

What cab is Andrew 76's? If I had the money, two of them would be keeping my other cabs company

Andrew76's is the exact same as the one in the ad -Atomiswave SD. Theyre worth about €700 or so dependant on condition. Wouldnt be paying 900 for one.

Andrew76's is the exact same as the one in the ad -Atomiswave SD. Theyre worth about €700 or so dependant on condition. Wouldnt be paying 900 for one.

Is it the same type? Andrews looks different, are the colours different maybe? I also thought €900 was strong money for it, but as mentioned, its prob just Adverts tax

urbanledge wrote: »
    Fire him a mail!
    I bet theres a good bit of adverts tax there!

Car insurance coming up next month, it won't be me buying this cab :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yep same as mine. He's got two additional repro 2P cp's there though which are hard to come by (just ask Techno). I'd offer slightly less than the 900 if I had the funds.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yep same as mine. He's got two additional repro 2P cp's there though which are hard to come by (just ask Techno). I'd offer slightly less than the 900 if I had the funds.

Well in that case the pics in the ad don't do the cab justice, they are gorgeous in the flesh

• Advertisement

Nobody wants that copy of Shenmue?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement