Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

wobzilla1 wrote: »

I dunno whats worse, the finger marks/bubbling in the paint...or a NES being piped through a 16:9 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

wobzilla1 wrote: »

Must resist! I'm going on holidays next week, have to buy car parts and supposed to be getting a tattoo at some stage soon as well.

Can I pay in 6 easy installments? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Another testament to how crazy some gamers are.

US $256.23 for a rare Princess Sally teddy. You know they just bought it so their Sonic teddy had something to bone -

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-SONIC-HEDGEHOG-PLUSHIE-PRINCESS-SALLY-/320721245441?clk_rvr_id=247390990996

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I know it's stupidly rare, but not $1m rare :P

Also lol @ the question asked on it:
    Q: Could you wipe the signature off before you send it?
    A: The case is a regular MD case, so feel free to change it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I know it's stupidly rare, but not $1m rare :P

Also lol @ the question asked on it:

Apparently he bought it for €11,000, i do like Tetris but wtf.

zero19 wrote: »
    Apparently he bought it for €11,000, i do like Tetris but wtf.

Lesson no. 1 of making a profit: Never mention how much you originally bought it for :P

11k I can understand as there's <10 in existance afaik.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some nice stuff on flEaBay right now
    Super Gameboy Controller for SNES

Forget the Rez Trance Pack, try one of these!
    Nes Powerglove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

How much does a Neo Geo Pocket Color with two games go for these days. I was offered one for €35. I reckon I could get him down to €20/€25.

I have checked ebay and the Buy It Now prices are ridiculous as usual, the auction prices are misleading until the auction time is complete. I am not in Ireland at the moment and this could be a good opportunity to grab a possible bargain. I am due to come home in roughly 2 days, so researching auction end prices is not something I can do under these circumstances.

Any help is much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tbh I think €30 is a fine price to get a NGPC and two games for, if the console is in good nick and has the covers intact on the back.
    The screen is easily scratched so if it is clear jump on it!
    Also, any games are great but the Metal Slug, KOF, SNKvsCap and Last Blade titles are fantastic, as is the version of Pacman on the device.
    €20/€25 almost seems too cheap, quite a bargain, but €30 would probably be a fairer price and guarantee the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Good man cider! Thank you for the speedy reply!

I will offer €20 and settle €30.

The two games offered in the package are Sonic and (one of the) Metal Slug'.

I'll let you know what the final asking price is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's a pretty bad blur you have going on in the top left alright.

Any idea if the previous owner the tv a lot?

I was checking my own one out and the shift is different from system to system. Without any service menu adjustment, the RGB shift with an NTSC snes is about the same as yours in that picture. I managed to almost completely adjust it out but couldn't figure out how to save changes. When I exited that it just went back the way it is.

Dreamcast on the other hand doesn't have any at all. The picture displays on the whole screen. I'm running a PAL unit, but all the games I'd be playing are NTSC via RGB.

I've tried some of the same games on a Philips 32PW flat screen, and it makes the Trinitron look poor. The sharpness is not a problem anywhere on the screen, and the colour depth is in a different league. See below-

md_philips_10.jpg

md_philips_09.jpg

md_philips_07.jpg

md_philips_06.jpg

The MD is also shifted to the left on this set:
    md_philips_05.jpg

md_philips_04.jpg

The colour:
    md_philips_03.jpg

md_philips_02.jpg

md_philips_01.jpg

It seems the Sony is not that great, or it's gone slightly off through use. I also tried the XBox on it. It's nice to have a 29 inch image, but it was quite a soft, colourless image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Master of the Universe

Someone in Canada selling an Astro City with a buy it now of €315. He also has a 'best offer' option and ships worldwide.

Now there's only a stock photo, and it says 'used'..but at that price, it's worth looking in to.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Astro-City-Arcade-Cabinet-Used-/110711618804?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c6ed3cf4#shId

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Someone in Canada selling an Astro City with a buy it now of €315. He also has a 'best offer' option and ships worldwide.

Now there's only a stock photo, and it says 'used'..but at that price, it's worth looking in to.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Astro-City-Arcade-Cabinet-Used-/110711618804?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c6ed3cf4#shId

Wonder what the postage is on that thing from the states.

Ronnie sells the astros for €599 these days with €240 shipping and €195 to upgrade the monitor to VGA.

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Wonder what the postage is on that thing from the states.

Ronnie sells the astros for €599 these days with €240 shipping and €195 to upgrade the monitor to VGA.

That's what I was thinking. If it's in good condition and the shipping is anything close to what Ronnie charges then it could be a bargain.

However he ships within the EU doesn't he? Canada could be double that, who knows! Then again, it may not be...

That's what I was thinking. If it's in good condition and the shipping is anything close to what Ronnie charges then it could be a bargain.

However he ships within the EU doesn't he? Canada could be double that, who knows! Then again, it may not be...

I'd say import duty would be a killer on that as well.
    At least with Ronnie you don't have that worry.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'd say import duty would be a killer on that as well.
    At least with Ronnie you don't have that worry.

Plus legions of inspections etc, great price but in the interests of the cab itself I'd quiker go with internal EU shipping over transatlantic. It's a lot of stress on the monitor alone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if this was posted already, nice looking GBA SP AGS-101 for sale on ebay here.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Plus legions of inspections etc, great price but in the interests of the cab itself I'd quiker go with internal EU shipping over transatlantic. It's a lot of stress on the monitor alone.

The customs thing would be a worry. But as for the transportation, where do you think Ronnie gets his cabs? They sure aren't made in the Netherlands :D

The customs thing would be a worry. But as for the transportation, where do you think Ronnie gets his cabs? They sure aren't made in the Netherlands :D

Aye but he could have proper channels, a repoire with stockists who actually pack the things properly. Valid point though, they don't exactly make Candy Cabs in the EU - they gott come in from somewhere.

But - Japan to USA to Canada to you (probable)

or

Japan to the EU to you (via Ronnie)

Master of the Universe

Ah yeah, too true, I was just extracting the urine :pac:

I remember reading a post of his saying something like -

'15 atomiswaves currently at sea!'

And I shuddered at the thought!

Ah yeah, too true, I was just extracting the urine :pac:

I remember reading a post of his saying something like -

'15 atomiswaves currently at sea!'

And I shuddered at the thought!

I worked for a fairly big name car company one time, & a whole shipment of them went into the sea between the UK & Germany during a storm years ago. Loads of brand new German motors sitting at the bottom of the sea :o

EnterNow wrote: »
    I worked for a fairly big name car company one time, & a whole shipment of them went into the sea between the UK & Germany during a storm years ago. Loads of brand new German motors sitting at the bottom of the sea :o

If Ronnies ship goes down I'm organising a rescue mission for the cabs(and any human survivors if we have room after the cabs are saved).

Master of the Universe

Hopefully it goes down near that cargo of expensive German cars.

Load the cabs into the cars and drive them to Ireland. Perfect.

By the way, he has 36 cabs on the way and and another 50 about to ship from Japan.

He's a busy man :)

Master of the Universe

:eek:

You sure you don't want to open up that arcade? ;)

:eek:

You sure you don't want to open up that arcade? ;)

Well, If I can get a few investors I'll look into it :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

**** me, I almost had a heart attack. Saw this -

Eliminate Down

And the price - £34.90 buy it now.

I was JUST about to smack down on the buy it now with a fury of an atom bomb and then noticed THE MOTHER****ER IS A REPRO.

AH!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELIMINATE-DOWN-Megadrive-/170669894944?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item27bcb7ed20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement