Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Getting married on Saturday. If I told the good woman I was heading out game shopping now I'd have my brain pulled out through my left nostril with a coat hanger! :eek:

Married 12 years and still gaming don't worry dude, knock the kids outa her quick they'll soon want the latest console, sorted game shopping with your offspring..;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

bryaner wrote: »
    Married 12 years and still gaming don't worry dude, knock the kids outa her quick they'll soon want the latest console, sorted game shopping with your offspring..;)

Brilliant phrase that! :pac:
    Only problem with that is most of the gaming funds will be diverted to silly things like nappies/food/clothes and all that lark. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Brilliant phrase that! :pac:
    Only problem with that is most of the gaming funds will be diverted to silly things like nappies/food/clothes gaming for the kids and all that lark. ;)

Their our future..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

HALO IS ****!!! FACT!

The over use of ! and the word fact makes it true.

Best example my arse, wrap it up in a crusty used piece of tissue paper and it will have a better box.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I want to murder anyone who uses the word 'fact' like that. Possibly my most hated ad ever -

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hate those ads, preying on ignorant housepeoples.
    As a nurse in the whole "hand cleanliness" business it all really stinks tbh.
    The latest for an automatic soap dispenser is intellectually insulting.
    I mean, so what if the thing has germs on it, you are about to wash your hands with their germicidal soap! Dumb Ass!
    Ahhhh!

It should say "Dettol cleans things that your bodies already have defences to, FACT"
    or
    "Dettol kills germs necessary for your childrens bodies to develop defences against, leading to conditions such as Asthma, FACT"
    or perhaps
    "Buy our products, smearing chemicals around your house in order to get rid of naturally occurring micro-organisms has to be safe, I mean they make these ads! FACT!"

Yup.
    Really hate those ads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CEX on Liffey Street have a 251 Block official Gamecube Memory Card in the window for 15 quid. Odd, as they've stopped taking in GCN stuff, but nevermind. Not a bargain by any stretch, but reasonable and handy nonetheless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, a retro games shop that has stopped taking GC stuff?
    Does this mean it is just a games shop now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Something for Geese perhaps, doesn't he have one of those X68000s? €40 shipped over on AO.

foto1wf.jpg

/Edit: Here's a load of X68000 stuff for sale, link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Wont be arriveing for couple months so i assume its being by sea mail,saying that there is an x68000 on ebay in holland for €600..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Any know any good charity shops in Galway city? I'm on the hunt for, well anything i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

zero19 wrote: »
    Any know any good charity shops in Galway city? I'm on the hunt for, well anything i guess.

There's the Curiosity Shop on Merchants Road, which seems to have rather erratic opening hours, but can be decent if the furniture side of the shop is open as opposed to the clothing side, as it also houses the videos, cd's and occasionaly the odd game or console.

Near there, on Middle Street, is GSPCA's shop which is tiny, but often has PSone games and old PC games.

On the bottom of shop st, just before Quay St there's an Enable Ireland shop, again quite small but worth a look (got a CIB Final Fantasy IX in there for €3 once :D)

On Sea Road there's the Simon Community Shop, also worth a pop in if you're near.

There's one or two more, but these tend to be the best in my opinion. It's also a good idea to pop in to the pawn shops, one on Eglinton st (despite its crazy prizing when they do have retro gear) and one nearby on a street which I can't remember the name of... opposite Homeplate?

Now don't go snapping up all the bargains... maybe I shouldn't be sharing this info... oh well! Happy hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

pasta-solo wrote: »
    There's the Curiosity Shop on Merchants Road, which seems to have rather erratic opening hours, but can be decent if the furniture side of the shop is open as opposed to the clothing side, as it also houses the videos, cd's and occasionaly the odd game or console.

Near there, on Middle Street, is GSPCA's shop which is tiny, but often has PSone games and old PC games.

On the bottom of shop st, just before Quay St there's an Enable Ireland shop, again quite small but worth a look (got a CIB Final Fantasy IX in there for €3 once :D)

On Sea Road there's the Simon Community Shop, also worth a pop in if you're near.

There's one or two more, but these tend to be the best in my opinion. It's also a good idea to pop in to the pawn shops, one on Eglinton st (despite its crazy prizing when they do have retro gear) and one nearby on a street which I can't remember the name of... opposite Homeplate?

Now don't go snapping up all the bargains... maybe I shouldn't be sharing this info... oh well! Happy hunting!

Thanks that's great info! Tbh honest i'm too broke to snap up much right now so your safe enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Major WTF moment on Ebay earlier, a $300 GBA SP, goes by the name of "General E, Lee" :eek:

Master of the Universe

I'm not exactly a Gears of War fan or anything, but holy ****, look at this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330584187140&clk_rvr_id=247258899932

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Bargain, but UK only...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a lot of games in that job lot but most are either common or ****.

blag wrote: »
    Bargain, but UK only...
    Was £15 buy it now until bids were made, probably end up more expensive....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270781609930
    Is it against the rules to plug my own auctions?

Master of the Universe

blag wrote: »
    Was £15 buy it now until bids were made, probably end up more expensive....

It was £15 buy it now and someone actually bid?

What a ****ing muppet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

o1s1n wrote: »
    It was £15 buy it now and someone actually bid?

What a ****ing muppet!
    :o

It was down as UK only, so I bid just to see if it would accept Irish bids as they sometimes do....

Then realised the foolishness so I retracted my bid and used the BIN. Was willing to pay an extortionate postage amount (£13ish) as he had said UK only, and sent off a request total. He's just come back with it.

£3.95 postage....

Master of the Universe

:o

It was down as UK only, so I bid just to see if it would accept Irish bids as they sometimes do....

Then realised the foolishness so I retracted my bid and used the BIN. Was willing to pay an extortionate postage amount (£13ish) as he had said UK only, and sent off a request total. He's just come back with it.

£3.95 postage....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ah, indirectly insulting people on a forum. Gotta love it! :D

You can also use the BIN option to test to see if they'll allow Irish bids. I'd say you had some heart attack when it vanished.

Bargain anyway. Lucky git!

Good stuff, that's still a bargain!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

No worries, sure I was thinking the same thing myself...!

Thanks a million blag for pointing it out also, chuffed enough!

Master of the Universe

Picked up Last Hope and Karous for the DC today. Similar to Radiant Silvergun, there was an Irish seller selling them so I couldn't say no!

• Advertisement

Hope you didn't pay too much. Thought both games weren't good at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement