Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,555 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mega cd port is very rare,do expect will offer if your splitting type phone calls on that advert..

Ah feck, when I read that I expected to see Mega CD Batman in the link. :(

I'd have been on the train to Galway right now if it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never even knew it existed until now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is it just all 3D car scenes or does it have the platforming sections as well?

Wiki says chase,i belive theme park MCD is rare too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Batman and Robin

Theme Park

Mega CD collecting is expensive :(

Another VB going for reasonable price-
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Nintendo-Virtual-Boy-Console-System-2-games-Mario-Panic-/170661155744?pt=Video_Games&hash=item27bc3293a0

*yes you must have it smilies :D;) and all that crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

o1s1n wrote: »
    Odd, The picture on my KV-29X5L is really sharp (the best CRT image I've ever seen) and the RGB shift is small.

Mind taking some pictures? I'd be interested in seeing a comparison...your TV is either old or you have way higher standards than me :D

Got some pictures from the Megadrive:
    Super Shinobi
    mdrgb02.jpg
    Super Shinobi again
    mdrgb01.jpg
    That's with the picture shifted as far to the right as the service menu will allow - 0/63.

Dreamcast is the same, as is PS2. Although, Samurai Aces on PS2 has a screen shift option at the start, which is a perfect fix - The picture moves over.

Some DC games have screen shift, but the picture doesn't move over. The game only moves around inside the black bars.

Another thing you can see from the photos is how the focus is off at the top left corner of the screen.

Master of the Universe

That's a pretty bad blur you have going on in the top left alright.

Any idea if the previous owner the tv a lot?

I was checking my own one out and the shift is different from system to system. Without any service menu adjustment, the RGB shift with an NTSC snes is about the same as yours in that picture. I managed to almost completely adjust it out but couldn't figure out how to save changes. When I exited that it just went back the way it is.

Dreamcast on the other hand doesn't have any at all. The picture displays on the whole screen. I'm running a PAL unit, but all the games I'd be playing are NTSC via RGB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If anyone comes across one of these sony trinitron 29" tv's let me know as I'm on the look out for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

If its alrght with everyone Im gonna hijack this thread to ask a reasonably quick question.

For the first time in ages my weekend is my own and I have a (very) limited surplus in funds so was thinking I might try and hit one or two of the carboot sales for some retro goodness, GBA, Gamecube and PS1 would be the sort of stuff I'd be most interested in.

So my question is whats my best bet? I've oftheard mention of Balbriggan but I live on the south side so its a bit of a trek, is it likely to be worth it? what day is it on and what time would I need to be there at? Also is there anywhere on my side of the city that might be worthwhile?

Cheers!

Guardian heroes/burning rangers in ebay ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BnChemEng

I want an atari lynx, cant find a decent one, anyone any ideas?

:)

Master of the Universe

Guardian heroes/burning rangers in ebay ireland.

Saw them. Little on the expensive side I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »

I'd love one of them. Something you really never seen outside of Japan.

Yeah but look at that remote control. State of it. Looks like it's been lost under a sofa cushion in a nursing home for the last 15 years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Not quite retro but I was in Liffy Valley yesterday and GAME there had a copy of Suikoden V for 7 euro and a copy of gradius V for 10 euro.

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    Gradius V for 10 euro.

I have an NTSC-U copy of it already but I'd buy that immediately for completion sake. Flah! I want!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Probably because they were Japanese only :P

They are extremely tempramental machines though so do be carful if you buy one.

Not quite retro but I was in Liffy Valley yesterday and GAME there had a copy of Suikoden V for 7 euro and a copy of gradius V for 10 euro.

Nice, two fantastic games.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nice, two fantastic games.

I want that Gradius V so bad! :(

I want that Gradius V so bad! :(

Buy it then? There's a good chance it's still there.

Buy it then? There's a good chance it's still there.

Getting married on Saturday. If I told the good woman I was heading out game shopping now I'd have my brain pulled out through my left nostril with a coat hanger! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Getting married on Saturday. If I told the good woman I was heading out game shopping now I'd have my brain pulled out through my left nostril with a coat hanger! :eek:

Stag night in Game! Waheyyy!

Worst wedding ever. You do know you'll have a riot on your hands when the guests turn up to the afters and find out that there's no food because the groom spent all the money on japanese shmups.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Or perhaps its a dastardly plan to have a bullet hell themed reception as you try to dodge the numerous projectiles thrown in one's direction?

Also would recommend having a word with the official carrying out the wedding. "Do you, Vic Viper...". It's a theme that can be carried on during the wedding night if it floats your boat.

• Advertisement

If she's going to lobotomize you over the sake of a tenner you may want to consider eloping with the copy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement