Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I would imagine there would have been metal bars to each side;
    sort of looks like one of them Missile command cocktails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So assuming they're legit empty unused ones from the 80's, is there no real value to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If you're in the market for a MAMEable cocktail cab then these are a good enough starting point. Not at €150 though, 75 is more like it - you don't build one of these yourself for less.

I personally don't like those types, much prefer the Taito style ones with the metal legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Why do I have a feeling that the ********** that just posted up on the Rage's post on Facebook regarding 'rare' games is somebody from this forum?

Achilles wrote: »
    Why do I have a feeling that the *********** that just posted up on the Rage's post on Facebook regarding 'rare' games is somebody from this forum?

Lol, what did he say?

• Advertisement

Something like "so... when are you posting up the pictures of the rare games?"

:P

My response:

I see you've deleted Stephen's comment.

I tend to agree, where are the rare games lads? Don't get me wrong I've shopped in there before and you guys have some really great deals at times but none of these are that rare apart from on auctions that haven't ended on Ebay yet.

There's a reason that not many people bid on these ridiculously prices games on Ebay... they're not that rare and not worth that much.

The only game there that I can see that even sort of rare on these shores is perhaps Pikmin for GC and Timestalkers for Dreamcast but again... not that rare at all.

Dreamcast games come factory sealed all the time and at cheap prices due to alot of warehouses having overstock of these games after the Dreamcasts' demise... they're not worth **** even if they are factory sealed.

Something like "so... when are you posting up the pictures of the rare games?"

:P
    My response:

I suspect the two of you will be joining Retr0 soon in the ranks of 'yee who have been banned'

They seem to have deleted the picture. Ahh well.

Lol at the following exchange via PM:

Me
    Thanks for that lads I was only trying to help, no need to ban me from the page.

14:30
    The R.A.G.E.
    What? we did not ban you.

14:30
    Me
    You did aye, want me to prove it to you?

• Advertisement

Hah just called them out for banning me, at which point they unban me and send me a message saying something along the lines of:

'We'd have no reason to ban you, did you use bad language on the page? You haven't been banned bro...'

At which point the link to their page goes blue again meaning that I've been unbanned. They must think that I'm a ****ing retard or something.

My response to this in full for anyone that cares:
    Me
    You did aye, want me to prove it to you?

15:21
    The R.A.G.E.
    why would we ban you? did you use bad language on the page?

15:26
    Me
    I see that you've unbanned me again, thanks for that.
    Despite the fact that you've claimed that I wasn't banned I was for a time and we both know it. Maybe you didn't do it yourself but I know that I was.
    You see when you message somebody from your page but you have banned person from said page a link no longer appears on the name of the profile that messaged the person, it turns black instead of being blue.
    It's blue again which means that you'e unbanned me to then message me saying 'whao chill out dude you're not banned!'
    So thanks I guess for unbanning me but we both know what we're at here and we both know why I was 'temp banned' so to speak.
    That's a nice picture of the 'rare' range you have on your page by the way or erm... ohh well it was nice while it was there anyway.
    ;-)

If you're in the market for a MAMEable cocktail cab then these are a good enough starting point. Not at €150 though, 75 is more like it - you don't build one of these yourself for less.

I personally don't like those types, much prefer the Taito style ones with the metal legs.

Jebus I was thinking more €20. They don't even have the metal legs :eek:
    Edit: 20 a piece, I mean :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wouldn't pay 150 for one, but they're really interesting yolks. Definitely look like they've never been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jebus I was thinking more €20. They don't even have the metal legs :eek:
    Edit: 20 a piece, I mean :pac:

I know but you'd be surprised how much stuff costs. A sheet of MDF large enough to make one of these is probably over €20, add veneer, hinges and other metal work an you're close to another €60-70.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Another Ebay auction with a high value game and zero feedback bidder.
    http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&rt=nc&item=310499537705

Master of the Universe

Blazing Star for 40 pounds. It has a repro shell and label but the boards are legit. Seems like a good deal.

Also has an Aliens board going for 76 n5 if you feel like buying a backup Andrew76 ;)

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41986&title=aliens-pcb-and-mvs-new-prices

Wow, that seller has another great deal on that thread -

MVS 2 slot powder coated black
    Garou Mark of the Wolves (Jap label)
    MVS2JAMMA adapter
    £90 posted for the lot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Blazing Star for 40 pounds. It has a repro shell and label but the boards are legit. Seems like a good deal.

Also has an Aliens board going for 76 n5 if you feel like buying a backup Andrew76 ;)

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41986&title=aliens-pcb-and-mvs-new-prices

Wow, that seller has another great deal on that thread -

MVS 2 slot powder coated black
    Garou Mark of the Wolves (Jap label)
    MVS2JAMMA adapter
    £90 posted for the lot

Wonder what region the Aliens pcb is, I think the Japanese version is missing the "3D" driving sections, not 100% sure on that though. Actually only had that in the cab yesterday - very amusing watching people play it who've never played it before. Doesn't seem to be a well known game at all. I really must record a 1cc double run through. Love it.

sugarman wrote: »
    Very cheap boxed Famicom Gameboy Micro going here.

€100 plus a few games for what looks like minty goodness. If I had the money i'd be on it.

Most of the games are fake (lol at Mario 3 especially) but €100 for a Famicom Micro is still good value on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That sega touring car stand up cab sold for €152 today. Anyone in here get it? :D

Master of the Universe

That sega touring car stand up cab sold for €152 today. Anyone in here get it? :D

Awh, did you not get it in the end? I'd say Dale Parish did so.

Oh and well done OwaynoTT, drinks are on you!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Nintendo-SNES-Bundle-18-Games-Yoshi-Island-Kirby-fun-pak-R-Type-3-/150941383397?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=AzOQCP63SAwGck0u4ezzHZw6SPo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Wat o0
    I didn't buy it o0 I thought avatan was interested in it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

See, this is true tragedy...
    Forget Tristan and Isolde, Romeo and Juliet,
    Here we have Atavan and Dale allowing Sega Touring Car to slip through their fingers, each worrying that the other deserves and wants it more.... Bless....

Someone get me a hanky, I think my tears may damage the keyboard [sniffle][/sniffle]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ye're mixing me up with someone else :pac:
    I don't like racing games :pac:

Ye're mixing me up with someone else :pac:
    I don't like racing games :pac:

Shut up Dale, you like racing games. Now sit down and behave, our Mod has spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

New Retro Gaming site at www.superretroworld.com

They have some pretty rare games on there too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Awh, did you not get it in the end? I'd say Dale Parish did so.

Seeing as I only have €200 for the rest of the month, wouldn't have been financially viable :(

• Advertisement

Seeing as I only have €200 for the rest of the month, wouldn't have been financially viable :(

Your lack of dedication is disappointing. €48 for tesco vodka and noodles is more than enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement