Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is Your Most Controversial Opinion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Torture is okay in certain situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Duggy747 wrote: »
    That's not an opinion, that's fact. :p The new "comedy idiot" is Zach Galifianakis

I don't mind him in Bored to Death. Definitely not a big fan otherwise though.

Another controversy: Jim Carey. Again, flailing around, being loud and making weird faces just doesn't do it for me.

Oddly, though, he can be a decent serious actor when he wants to be (ignoring the Number 23). And I also didn't mind Lemony Snicket.

Everything else of his is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Zelda is sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Promac wrote: »
    Zelda is sh*t.

:mad:!

I declare you my first official boards enemy. Evil, evil man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

The world has too many disabled parking spaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

liah wrote: »
    :mad:!

I declare you my first official boards enemy. Evil, evil man.

Everyone needs a nemesis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

FoxT wrote: »
    The world has too many disabled parking spaces.

I concure. Were weakning the human race people

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Star Wars - Yes, the 1st 3 were good films............great for their time, actually but, for the love of fùck, get over it. Stop over-nerding it and ruining them for everyone else.

Same could be same for the whole Star Trek / Stargate thing but those hyper-nerds do bring me joy. :pac:

Family Guy is not comedy gold, it's stupid with it's non-stop 80's refrences, obscure actors we forgot about, awful musical numbers, and of course sex jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I think people can sometimes be too opinionated in my opinion. what's your opinion on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

women make absolutely s'hite stand-up comedians. fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

ehhhmmmm. wtf is Zelda?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

hitler only got a bad rap cause of the small matter of the holocaust and the whole WW2 thingy - people forget he had great ideas and was an inspirational leader.

i could go on, but then boards wil know how bitter and twisted i actually am...

Hitler was a peak of evil. He began the world's worst war and the 'small' matter was horrific genocide. His 'great ideas' and 'inspirational leader' qualites go out the window when it comes to him instigating war and propelling it for six years.
    Torture is okay in certain situations.

I agree in terms of terrorism. If it's sure that the subject is certain to be a terrorist then torture's OK if extra information is needed. They signed away their rights when they're involved in wholesale slaughter.

I believe that Irish people have become slightly more racist since the influx of 'foreign' people but it isn't my most controversial argument, dunno what is really. I agree with the selective breeding aspect - how certain people are parents is beyond me, also there should be stricter social services, the treatment of kids in the world by some is abject. +1 to death penalty and 'life' sentences. Also men who hit women are animals and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

ehhhmmmm. wtf is Zelda?:confused:

Popular best-selling videogame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Swan tastes ****ing fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭tombom112

inception is just a remake of total recall and total recall is much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

It's funny how the sorts who want the fordiners out are so often precisely the type of people the general populace would like to ship off to some place distant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

The dole and child benefit should be means tested - and the rate of allowance adjusted, according to circumstances.

It makes no sense that someone who's paying rent, bills etc gets the same allowance from the government as someone who's living at home with their parents, with their meals etc being provided for them.

In one case, it's obvious one person needs more financial support than the other.

Also, everyone should be automatically made a blood and organ donor by the state, with the option to opt out, should they wish to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

The dole and child benefit should be means tested - and the rate of allowance adjusted, according to circumstances.

It makes no sense that someone who's paying rent, bills etc gets the same allowance from the government as someone who's living at home with their parents, with their meals etc being provided for them.

But it already is means-tested. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They don't get the same dole.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais I agree with but Anchorman is brilliant, you do have to ignore all the subsequent movies with pretty much the same material but as it was one of the first with those guys it was fresh and extremely funny and quotable.
    It's actually the bloody "quotable" part that annoys me. So many nerds persisted in parroting the quotes from the film witout any cue/context that it's completely ruined for me now; I can't listen to the dialogue now without hearing it in some wanker's pseudo-America twang.

Quoting Simpsons/Anchorman/Family Guy quotes ad nauseum is not a viable replacement for an actual sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Darwins theory of evolution actually predicts that humans will eventually evole to become God. Isn't that the goal of evolution??? (This assumes we survive, and of course, it could be any lifeform...not just humans).

Also, when we do evolve to know everything, there is no point in continuing, so the only thing left to do is start again...cue another Big Bang.

So...we are God, we have been God, and we will be God.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Cashel Mc

The breeding /crossing of scumbag /naker/scobes. should be sterilised. Not allowed breed. Mentally inpaired scumbags /scobes breeding/ having more scum, all a drain out of my pockets. People down the road from me as discribed above have had kids and they are seriously fcuked up. If I had two dogs like that I would not let that happen.

I have nothing againts handicaped people , some are nicer people than non handys in fact real inocent. Its just the kind half handys who know what the are intitled to and breed for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Millicent wrote: »
    But it already is means-tested. :confused:
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    They don't get the same dole.

But there's not clear defined rates, like taxation, is there?

Perhaps I've been reading totally out of date things :o

I thought it was just a similar rate for the dole for everyone?

Cashel Mc wrote: »
    The breeding /crossing of scumbag /naker/scobes. should be sterilised. Not allowed breed. Mentally inpaired scumbags /scobes breeding/ having more scum, all a drain out of my pockets. People down the road from me as discribed above have had kids and they are seriously fcuked up. If I had two dogs like that I would not let that happen.
    I'd certainly agree with you regarding crossing scumbags and knackers, but scobe/scumbag hybrids turn out surprisingly well more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Ben Hadad

I believe humans as a race are intrinsically cancerous.

I beleive that our galaxy/universe is noting but an atom in another galaxy/universe which in turn is nothing but an atom in a bigger galaxy/universe etc.

I believe there is a relationship between time and mass/size/magnitude

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think any country in the world should be allowed to have nukes if the likes of USA, Russia, UK, France ect are allowed to keep adding to their existing supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I believe dyslexia has become an excuse for laziness and stupidity, and that probably less then half of all the people who claim to suffer from dyslexia are in fact dyslexic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Ben Hadad wrote: »
    I believe humans as a race are intrinsically cancerous.

I beleive that our galaxy/universe is noting but an atom in another galaxy/universe which in turn is nothing but an atom in a bigger galaxy/universe etc.

I believe there is a relationship between time and mass/size/magnitude

I agree with this also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement