Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is Your Most Controversial Opinion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

DazMarz wrote: »
    That Seanie Fitzpatrick and anyone who worked in a bank (even just the tellers) from the years 2004-2009 should be dragged into the street and shot. This will be videoed and shown to future generations as a warning of what happens when you fart around with my fúcking economy...
    Your face, your ass... what's the difference???

That people in this country should support the English national football team in the major tournaments (when Ireland's not involved anyway; which is the case most times); those who wish to see England lose will then shortly afterwards pull on a Manchester United/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea/etc. jersey, most likely with 'Rooney'/'Gerrard'/'Lampard'/etc. emblazoned on the back. The hypocrisy of this just pisses me off.

Shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out... (and now to contradict myself with the point below...)

That the country should be completely secularised, all references to the Church and religion removed from the Constitution (other than to ban some of them) and that there be a cap put on the amount of religious places of worship that are permitted in every square kilometer.

I sometimes think that Hitler had the right idea; just got the wrong race of people...

Are those my feet???

If my dog was as ugly as you, I'd shave its ass and teach it to walk backwards.

Fianna Fáil are not just to blame for this mess........ They are TOTALLY to blame...

There is not a single politician in this country that is worth a fúck, that would have the balls/neck/gumption to stand up and say "No more" and change things.

You're on the air with Frasier Crane, I'm listening...

Fúck up once and you'll lose two teeth... an old Italian proverb

That's not controversial. It's contradictory.Why shoot someone for something they didn't do (the tellers didn't mess up the economy). Then you say FF are completely to blame for the economic meltdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Lemegeton wrote: »
    people should be forced to apply for a license to have children.
    the way some people treat their kids makes me vomit and some people have no right being parents as they are pure filth and just breed more filth.

We need the death penalty.

The death penalty doesn't work.

Would you apply for a licence to have sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

orourkeda wrote: »
    The death penalty doesn't work.

100% proven to stop repeat offenders. I've never heard anyone commit a crime after receiving it.

I agree with prisoners comments. if your in prison you should be suffering. I don't want my taxes paying for their sky subscription.

I think the feminist movement has gone too far, men are now treated as secondary citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The creation of Israel was a mistake and Israel are the source of most trouble in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

RedXIV wrote: »
    I think the feminist movement has gone too far, men are now treated as secondary citizens
    Clearly, when the president of America is a man. You're dead right that men get a lot of sh1t thrown at them now, but it's just silly to claim they're treated as secondary citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Lemegeton wrote: »
    people should be forced to apply for a license to have children.
    the way some people treat their kids makes me vomit and some people have no right being parents as they are pure filth and just breed more filth.

I agree because when you see the amount of money the tax payers have to shell out on 'unmarried mothers allowance' it really grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

UK is better than Ireland in a lot of ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Mine are...............
    - That black people are able to get away with being racist, ( just look at Chris Rock)
    - That women are allowed to be sexist (just look at those stupid ads on the telly, where the woman is allowed to make an eejit out of the man)
    - The death penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Some pretty silly opinions in this thread imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Darraghnormal

Gay couples having children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

brian cowen is not the villian he's made out to be and him and his family do not deserve the hatred dished out to him by the media and the public. yes, he should go and yes he was asleep at the wheel when finance minister but the abuse he's taken is too much.

all drugs should be legal/regulated, as should prostitution.

we should find an island to turn into a prisoner colony for a certain class of criminal.

glenda gilson is ugly and reminds me of a thoroughbred racehorse.

forced sterilisation for sex crimes.

hitler only got a bad rap cause of the small matter of the holocaust and the whole WW2 thingy - people forget he had great ideas and was an inspirational leader.

i'd rather punch somone collecting for their 'trek for charity in nepal' than give them even one cent.

i could go on, but then boards wil know how bitter and twisted i actually am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

OisinT wrote: »
    The creation of Israel was a mistake and Israel are the source of most trouble in the world.
    I agree but be careful what you say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial

Im just saying be careful before someone gets them selfs in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Gay couples having children.
    You think is a good thing? Bad thing? Does that expand to someone who has has parented a child in a heterosexual relationship being refused access to the child after they come out? Do you mean homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to raise children? Fostering? Adopting? Surrogate parenting?
    Splain...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Dodd wrote: »
    I agree but be careful what you say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_against_Holocaust_denial

Im just saying be careful before someone gets them selfs in trouble.
    I have never once denied that the Holocaust happened, and I never would.

The creation of the state of Israel was botched from the start in the 1947 UN Partition Plan.
    They placed it in a very strategic location for the Western countries, but one which is the major seat of the big 3 religions. It was never going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i believe Hitler was an amazing person who went quite mental due to the unquestionable power he had and also due to his suspicion that nearly every officer was plotting to kill him. the amount of production he created in germany and the plans he made will never be seen again in my opinion.
    i also think that World War Two was incredible and would choose any factor of it over the wars of nowadays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Alison O'Riordan is a misunderstood genius and one of the greatest journalistic talents of our time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

I feel nothing towards animals, dont dislike nor like them, but would never hurt any.
    But I hate people that love animals, but I notice they usually only like cute animals, and dont treat ugly ones the same. also they would kill a spider no bother, but would go mad about a stupid woman throwing a cat in a bin

guapos wrote: »
    African people who are starving should stop having babies, its selfish and cruel to bring a child into the world knowing its more than likely going to spend its life in pain

i'll expand if i may :cool:

the west should stop providing aid until they do this. the standard train of though in ethiopia is becoming 'more kids = more aid from the west' - it's an unsustainable situation which is making the country worse off than it ever was. fishing rod or fish etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Also, Ireland has too lax an immigration policy on non EU Nationals.

I have absolutely no problem with Polish and other EU nationals who have worked hard here building our economy during the boom, being in receipt of social welfare, medical cards etc. which they are more than entitled to..

However, why should we have to pay for the 1,000's of Nigerians who come over, who have contributed fcuk all to our economy, but will take everything they can get..

Actually that is more of a fact than an opinion, unless someone could explain otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Everyone should just relax and clean the ****e outside their own front door before complaining about others ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Either:

That Islam is a sick twisted religion that the west should do everything in its power to resist and push back. Very few countries are standing up to it and I agree 100% with what France, Switzerland etc have done so far to stop it contaminating their cultures.

or

That the world is heavily over populated and that China has the right idea with its single child policy and all other countries need to start taking responsibility for population management and eventual natural reduction.

take you pick which you find more controversial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

1) I believe Butch cassidy and the sundance kid survived the final shootout

2) Someday it will be possible to divide by zero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I believe that rapists/padeophiles/murderers should all get the death penalty.
    That life exists on other planets, that god is a pile of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Men are better than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think learning disabilities are vastly over diagnosed and the provisions made for them in exams are very unfair.

We cannot save the poor countries in Africa by throwing more money at them. If Africa is to save itself, its going to have to stop having so many kids and get some proper economic policies like China did.

I agree with many of the things China does except for its imprisoning of people who disagree with them and restricting the internet.

Israel is not a very nice country and causes endless amounts of trouble, they just get away with it because of America and that they're Jewish.

If you cannot mind your kids, you cannot have them.

EDIT: And vegetarianism and veganism are ridiculous. The animals aren't smart enough to know they are about to be eaten.

Don't kill me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

wouldn't want you to. it can be referenced as one of the dumbest and most retarded comments ever made on boards...can be in some type of intro pack for new members.

Glad that's settled so.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Anchorman really isn't that funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Factory farmed chicken is nicer than free range chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

:eek: Someone always goes too far in these threads.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek:

*stunned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement