Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is Your Most Controversial Opinion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I believe that rapists/padeophiles/murderers should all get the death penalty.

i believe people should spell properly when making a point or stating their controversial opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

NothingMan wrote: »
    :eek: Someone always goes too far in these threads.
    :eek::eek:

*stunned

People have expressed, racist and sexist and immoral opinions here, and I'm the one that gets judged!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Oh yeah, I don't believe Flight 93 crashed after the wonderful, brave, heroic passengers wrestled to land it.

Bollocks, it was shot down so it wouldn't hit the White House

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

People have expressed, racist and sexist and immoral opinions here, and I'm the one that gets judged!

Racism and general hatred is all well and good but Anchorman, really??? Sorry Peach I think you need to watch it again with a more open mind and maybe slightly drunk or stoned.*

*Drugs are bad kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think one of the most controversial opinions that one could express right now is that this thread should be left open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I believe that the Irish prison system is fundamentally flawed in its punitive approach towards detention. I think a more humane approach dealing with trying to rehabilitate in prisoners in less rigid surroundings and structures would reduce re-offend rates and could be achieved in a much shorter time therefore meaning incarceration times could be slashed.

In the same guise there would not be sentences like 12 years or whatever - but more sentences that are to programs specifically catered to the offender which address their deficiencies in relation to being a functioning member of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I believe that rapists/padeophiles/murderers should all get the death penalty.

What if the "murderer" was only getting revenge on a rapist/paedophile:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I believe that every citizen who is eligible to vote should take an IQ test and if their IQ is below average, they shouldn't be allowed to vote in any election. I also believe that a life sentence, means life, i.e. you should die in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

orourkeda wrote: »
    That's not controversial. It's contradictory.Why shoot someone for something they didn't do (the tellers didn't mess up the economy). Then you say FF are completely to blame for the economic meltdown

This is After Hours... You can say what you like here, which is what I did. I also wasn't that serious either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Earth is flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

That's because what they said was possibly controversial but still within the realms of possible popular opinion.

You're still right... It's not that funny.

And neither is Ricky Gervais!
    Wake up people... He's just the same joke over and over and over again.
    It was funny the first 12 times and all.. But come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭davidd24

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Earth is flat.

I love lamp

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I think one of the most controversial opinions that one could express right now is that this thread should be left open.

it is my opinion that this thread should be left open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

enda1 wrote: »
    I believe that the Irish prison system is fundamentally flawed in its punitive approach towards detention. I think a more humane approach dealing with trying to rehabilitate in prisoners in less rigid surroundings and structures would reduce re-offend rates and could be achieved in a much shorter time therefore meaning incarceration times could be slashed.

In the same guise there would not be sentences like 12 years or whatever - but more sentences that are to programs specifically catered to the offender which address their deficiencies in relation to being a functioning member of society.

I believe there is no cure for scumbag. Rehabilitation is politicaly correct bullsh'it. The problem with irish prisons is that they let every f'ucker out at the drop of a hat. 12 years should mean 12 years, not 12 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I think the recession is a good thing if it keeps the pizza-faced gimps in the noisy Hondas off the road, and has cleared the country of those grinning apes in the yellow builders boots who jammed the fast-food counters of every Spar in the country from 0700 to 0830.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm a secular humanist, as well as an atheist. and I believe in human rights, equality, secularism, freedom of and from religion, freedom of speech, legalization and regulation of marijuana, legalization and regulation of prostitution, and LGBT adoption and marriage. I am pro-choice (for both the right to choose an abortion and the right to choose to die) and anti-censorship.

I gotta lotta battles. :pac:

Wazdakka wrote: »
    That's because what they said was possibly controversial but still within the realms of possible popular opinion.

You're still right... It's not that funny.

And neither is Ricky Gervais!
    Wake up people... He's just the same joke over and over and over again.
    It was funny the first 12 times and all.. But come on!

Ricky Gervais I agree with but Anchorman is brilliant, you do have to ignore all the subsequent movies with pretty much the same material but as it was one of the first with those guys it was fresh and extremely funny and quotable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I firmly support the death sentance.
    What is the point in giving someone 40 life sentances?
    I saw an interview with Jeffrey Dahmer where he said his day consisted of getting up for breakfast, going back to sleep, getting up for lunch, going back to sleep, getting up for dinner, and staying awake all night watching tv or reading. Then he was bludgeoned to death by another inmate. What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

guapos wrote: »
    African people who are starving should stop having babies, its selfish and cruel to bring a child into the world knowing its more than likely going to spend its life in pain

Easy to say, but the rest of us are killed time wise getting meals ready, eating them, washing up, these people have no food and don't have to take up huge amounts of time with the above, so with all that time on their hands.....well, you guessed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It is my opinion that a lot of people love being pro-everything in black and white but aren't interested in the grey areas based upon some arbitrary lines they draw wherever they like.. and then frequently have the stones to mock others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Muslim fundamentalists (fundamentalists, not the average Muslim Joe). I find it disgusting that they come to / grow up in a Western country, protest with their "Europe is the Cancer, Islam is the cure" crap, and expect us to change our society to suit their beliefs while the beliefs of their home country MUST NOT BE CHALLENGED AND BE RESPECTED!!

What's equally as disgusting is the liberal lefties who defend this sort of action. These fundamentalists knowingly mock us by abusing the right to free speech when it suits them.

Throwing money at Africa will not save it, they must learn like every other country did to survive on their own. Yea, it's hard with crime, corruption, dictators, but his has been a result of disadvantaged areas swamped by misplaced money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Key players who put this country in the sh1te, I won't specify who (you know) to be publically humiliated, then given a choice of life imprisonment or execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

NothingMan wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais I agree with but Anchorman is brilliant, you do have to ignore all the subsequent movies with pretty much the same material but as it was one of the first with those guys it was fresh and extremely funny and quotable.

Look I've watched it twice, and I'm the kind of person who will laugh at ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING but I didn't find this funny.

Now pick on someone else!

Oh, and I, like Princess Peach, didn't find Anchorman funny.

I personally found it loud, obnoxious, and irritating more than anything else.. is that what constitutes comedy for most people now? :confused: Arrogant stupid loud people?

I seriously don't and will never understand people's fascination with that movie or Will Ferrell. His entire act is being loud, making stupid faces and acting like an idiot. In every movie.

That may be my most controversial opinion, actually. :pac:

liah wrote: »
    Oh, and I, like Princess Peach, didn't find Anchorman funny.

I personally found it loud, obnoxious, and irritating more than anything else.. is that what constitutes comedy for most people now? :confused: Arrogant stupid loud people?

I seriously don't and will never understand people's fascination with that movie or Will Ferrell. His entire act is being loud, making stupid faces and acting like an idiot. In every movie.

gimme fawlty towers, father ted and the phil silver's show anyday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

It is. I don't like Will Farell But anchorman is funny.

gimme fawlty towers, father ted and the phil silver's show anyday :)

Just as long as you don't mention the war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

I am a complete anti semitie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

liah wrote: »

That's not an opinion, that's fact. :p The new "comedy idiot" is Zach Galifianakis

• Advertisement

Look I've watched it twice, and I'm the kind of person who will laugh at ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING but I didn't find this funny.

Now pick on someone else!

I didn't mean to pick on anyone :o, sowwy Peach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement