Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long have you known your best friend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Since September 2003, first day of college. We were both metal loving, fantasy reading nerds and we still are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

My best friend is my boyfriend and Ive know him 7 and a half years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I've known my best friend since I was 5, a lot of people thought we were brothers over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

I'm lucky that I have 3 best friends
    1) Approx 33 years, we both 35
    2) Bout 30 years
    3) 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I have a few best friends since im 23 their age of friendship ranks below:
    1. 17 years
    2. 16 years
    3. 7 years 1 day
    4. 7 years 30 mins
    5. 7 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have two people (outside of my 3 brothers) that I'd consider "best friends". One of them is four years older than me and can remember when I was born. So I guess I know him all my life. Or he knows me, or something. The other I've known for 18 years (though he hasn't been home in 3, the bastard).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I've known my best friend since I was 5, a lot of people thought we were brothers over the years.

Maybe ye are :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't have a best friend - just about 8 or 9 very close friends. The time I've known them ranges from 35 years to 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Know my best friend about 13 years, hes moved away so don't see him much but anytime we do get together its like we were never apart, really comfortable with each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Let me check the postage date on the box......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

37 years and counting.
    We haven't lived in the same city in 20 years but still speak/text/skype pretty much every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

4 years.

I hate all of my freinds from when I was younger now except her.

phasers wrote: »
    4 years.

I hate all of my freinds from when I was younger now except her.

She's what we call the 'offload friend'.

When there's one girl in the group that gets on everyone's nerves constantly they pick one poor unfortunate to dump her on and the rest get on with their lives.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

14 years

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    She's what we call the 'offload friend'.

When there's one girl in the group that gets on everyone's nerves constantly they pick one poor unfortunate to dump her on and the rest get on with their lives.

I lol'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

14 years for one of them and 11 years for t'other.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

But why did you say 'honey I'm home' if there was nobody there?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

25 or so years. Was in the same class as him in baby-infants in Primary.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    But why did you say 'honey I'm home' if there was nobody there?
    Look in part 2 for the jar of honey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

since she sucked me off last night

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Look in part 2 for the jar of honey...

I thought that was cereal. It's very small in that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

26 years. We first met when I was 6 weeks old, apparently!
    We were neighbours, went to school with each other everyday until leaving cert.
    Slightly parted company because of different colleges but still remain good friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Davidius wrote: »
    I don't have a best friend. Thanks for reminding me of my crippling loneliness.

I'll be your best friend! We can have sleepovers and eat loads of ice cream and do face masks and call boys and attempt to contact the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

I met my best friend 26 years ago, the day i was born, i didn't discover our friendship until i was 12, that night sitting on the couch watching red shoe diaries. This was the night my best friend got sick everywhere for the first time, i remember, he was trying to be all hard watching red shoe diaries, i kept pushing him down because mum wouldn't have been happy if she walked in and he was trying to be hard, but the more i pushed him, the harder he got, suddenly, he got sick all over me and it was the best feeling i ever had, that was the night i met my best friend:D

I met my best friend 26 years ago, the day i was born, i didn't discover our friendship until i was 12, that night sitting on the couch watching red shoe diaries. This was the night my best friend got sick everywhere for the first time, i remember, he was trying to be all hard watching red shoe diaries, i kept pushing him down because mum wouldn't have been happy if she walked in and he was trying to be hard, but the more i pushed him, the harder he got, suddenly, he got sick all over me and it was the best feeling i ever had, that was the night i met my best friend:D

An insight into your life we could all probably have done without :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Kevo

1st few months in school after starting school. Were in the same class and happen to live nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

i kept pushing him down because mum wouldn't have been happy if she walked in and he was trying to be hard, but the more i pushed him, the harder he got,

My best mate's cool and all but I don't think I like him as much as you like your best friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Around 13 years... It's the longest relationship i've ever been in.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

We have been best friends since primary school, so around seventeen years:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Twelve years.

Advertisement