Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long have you known your best friend?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

since she was 8...we only start hanging out tho when she was 17 :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

About 2 days... :p
    Nah about 8 years?? But whose countin'....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

BCC4LYFE wrote: »

Yet you still haven't answered the question you asked
    We're gonna need to know her age now for that one ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭BCC4LYFE

18 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

16 years, we're both 20. Long-haul ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

35 years, my Mum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

since was a toddler,his mam and mine are friends,his older brother is same age as mine and his older sister is same age as mine, hangin around for as long as i can remember!so 22 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭BCC4LYFE

sweeeet damn in 16 years of my life ive had about 10 different best friends

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bout 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

6-7yrs met in a chatroom and been bestfriends ever since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

12 years I think. Met by kicking the bollox out of each other in school then when a group of kids came over and start pushin' us and ruinin' our fight, we kicked the shít out of them.

We both got 12 years and the same cell for assaulting minors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't have a best friend. Thanks for reminding me of my crippling loneliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

16 years. We met when we were 3 ^_^
    My other best friend, 7 years.

Or, going the same route as Tar, met my boyfriend (also a best friend!) about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blue5

Since we were 7, some 26 years ago. First person I sat next to on my first day in a new school. Went to their wedding in Rome this summer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

16 years. We met when we were 3 ^_^
    My other best friend, 7 years.

Or, going the same route as Tar, met my boyfriend (also a best friend!) about 2 years ago.

Yes well picking her was easy! you deciphered that well :P

my old one I knew was since 4, so 20 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I met him when I was 12 years old. I was best friends for 7 years, but in the last couple we have weaned in and out of friendship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Four years ..

Met online, just bored one day, surfing around YouTube, Betfair, Boards when I stumbled onto some girl's website and she posting away about Belladonna of all things and we got chatting, had loads in common.

So, gave her a call and we talked and talked - like we'd known each other for years, seemed so at ease with one another, you know how it is, soulmates I guess, well - with us it was true.

Our first physical meeting was the summer just passed and although we were nervous, we needn't have been, as we clicked even better than we had online. She'll be with me for Christmas and is so excited about the free cheese of all things :)

Pic from her site, so she won't mind me sharing ..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

****ing text speak.

Ur.

I refuse to answer the question because of the use of text speak in the thread title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Terry wrote: »
    ****ing text speak.

Ur.

I refuse to answer the question because of the use of text speak in the thread title.

Also in the OP's username.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

Terry wrote: »
    ****ing text speak.

Ur.

I agree. Good question, poorly put... unless UR 6 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Yes well picking her was easy! you deciphered that well :P

my old one I knew was since 4, so 20 years!

You're replacing a best friend of 20 years with someone you know 5 months?

Wow.

For me, I'd say about 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

20yrs. That makes me sound sooooo old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

since I was 4,we were in playschool together

so 25 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

BCC4LYFE wrote: »

20 years now, man and boy. Strange. We're still both arseholes. Well, he is.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title changed into English.
    Text speak is not welcome here, pilgrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Kiera wrote: »
    20yrs. That makes me sound sooooo old :(

Your only a autunm spring chicken compared to 34 years and we still act like kids when we meet for beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Autumn 2002, first spoke to him on the first day of my 2nd year in college, I think it was about the French or Australian rugby team who were training outside during the lecture before playing Ireland a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I actually have a few best friends, we're a close knit bunch since playschool with a few extras tagging along since secondary school and a handful I met at college.

Some of them we've been best fwends fowever since the days of McHammer.............20 years............goddamn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I have plenty of 'best friends', some I've known about 15-20 years and some that I've known 7-8 years after moving to Dublin.

I don't like to think of anyone in particular as my 'best friend'.....they all have their uses at some point :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I suppose about 5 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

kfallon wrote: »
    I have plenty of 'best friends', some I've known about 15-20 years and some that I've known 7-8 years after moving to Dublin.

I don't like to think of anyone in particular as my 'best friend'.....they all have their uses at some point :p

They have their "uses"?? Nice to see you are friends with them cos ya care :D

Advertisement