Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long have you known your best friend?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

about 24yrs i think

living on the other side of the world doesn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

My two best friends i've known for 17/18 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

There'd be two lads I'd call my bezzies - one I’ve known since the start of secondary school, the other since I entered Junior Infants at the age of 4.

It was a rocky start though. One of my first encounters in memory with the latter was not long after school started. I got in serious trouble for opting to display my crayon artwork on the carpet floor , and my soon-to-be mate blanked me completely for being a bold boy. Would have been no skin off my back were it not for the fact that he owned the most whopper set of colouring pencils in the class, which he outright refused to let me use because of my tarnished reputation.

When I was still in Secondary I’d often hear older folk say, with a sad, knowing look on their faces, that no matter how unlikely it would seem at the time I’d lose touch with my school friends and makes my “real” friends later in life. Bull****; at 22 I’m still out with my mates from school on the weekly, and I know the rest of my closer circle through these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I banged her about 12 hours ago.

I love my new best friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Since I was 2 so 22 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

orourkeda wrote: »

And you can deflate her and store her for later :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

orourkeda wrote: »

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

17 years, I'm 22 and she's 21. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have 3 best friends, 2 who are a couple.

1. 10 years
    2. 9 years
    3. 8 years

Too fúcking long!

I suppose my sister would be one of my best friends too so that would be 18 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I'm nearly 30 and I haven't had a "best friend" since school, it's a bit juvenile to rank mates in order of best, second best and so on. I have few different groups of mates (college/work/family friends) and I could never pick one over the other. I suppose my longest friend is John, he's 6"3 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

I'm nearly 30 and I haven't had a "best friend" since school, it's a bit juvenile to rank mates in order of best, second best and so on. I have few different groups of mates (college/work/family friends) and I could never pick one over the other. I suppose my longest friend is John, he's 6"3 :pac:

Not the least bit juvenile, your best friend will be the one who comes into your head straight away to talk to when life hits the s****er. Sometimes you don't realise who they are until it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Since i was 4, so 17 years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

My best best friend?

Since we were 4 in primary school, so thats 16 years, still talk to each other at least twice a week.

But I have had a good few additions to the "best friends" category over the last few years due to college/living with them and all that typical shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Had about 7 over my life I'd say. First I met on Christmas when was 8. Only 64k of memory (!), but we still got on like a house on fire. Next one when I was about 14. Then got a new one when I went to college, and then have had a few since. My current best friend I met about a year ago exactly, we spend almost every day together - currently typing on him (her?) right now!

Sadly, I'm not sure I'm even joking.

Advertisement