Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long have you known your best friend?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

BF1 - 4yrs old so 39 years
    BF2 - 7yrs old so 36 years
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Been best friends since the first day of school at 4 . Im now 23 and he's 24. So 19 years so far!

Note to self : God that sounds gay , never talking to him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭DFB BOY

28 years,grew up together on the same road,first kiss with her aged 5,married last june :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

6 years, he's now dead, unfortunately :( I'm only 19 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Ladies, your new best friend is in my trousers.

he stole them from my washing line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I've known my closest friends for periods of time between 10-ish years and all of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

6 years, he's now dead, unfortunately :( I'm only 19 though.

Been there, and still miss him even though its 25 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

Over 9 years. We've been best friends since the first day we met on our first day of boarding secondary school and now we're both in 4th year in college and we are still living together! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I've 4 best friends, One I've known since I was 7, we were in the same class in primary school and our grannies lived beside each other. 2 I met at the start of secondary school when I was about 13. And the other I met when I was 19 (thank you boards.ie :pac:) So I've known them 14 years, 8 years and 2 years respectively :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

About 4 years for one and 13/14 for the other 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

since I moved secondary school, so about 5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't have one best friend, moreso a group of close friends who are all kinda friends with each other. I guess I first met one of the group when I was about fifteen, so six years and over that six year period, I became friends with friends of his and he became friends with friends of mine and some of them stuck around and yeah, now we have 'The Group'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

biko wrote: »
    Title changed into English.
    Text speak is not welcome here, pilgrim.

Thank you, Biko.
    I will now answer the question.

I've known both of them since I was 4 or 5. One lives in Australia now though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Female Best friend...over 3 years now. Met her while doing a course, she was on an unrelated course in the same building and we just got talking :)

Male Best Friend: on the same course as above hehe, so over 3 years.

Longest friend from childhood: 26 years but aint seen him in a while sadly!

This year though I've made some good friends also, one sticks out as being more awesome though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Since birth!
    Her mam and my mam are good friends so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

About 5 years now I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rua327

Since I was 7, moved to another part of the city and have been friend ever since. We spent a few yrs apart, and then became great friends a few yrs back, and it was as if nothing ever changed. The wive's even get on now so its all good.

Best of all, he made me join boards.ie so I'm eternally grateful.

Guaranteed he'll see this and rip the piss out of me. He's really good with blinds though (private joke).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

AH Answer:
    I've known Willy for 34 years, though I didn't notice him for the first few years.

Serious answer:
    About 3 years. He moved into the apartment beside me & we instantly became friends. The previous best friend died.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

about 11 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Their is a group of about 8 of us who go out together most weekends partying. I wouldn't pick 1 over the other as a best friend per se, Thats just school yard kid stuff,
    We as mates have our rows & fall out every now & again so guess its good to have plenty of Mates :)
    We have known eachother 5 yrs or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

32 years.**** im getting old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Since the day I was born, 17 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Since sometime in the evening of Friday 13th December 1985..

We were both sworn into the army on that day and we billeted together that evening.

There's hardly a day goes by when we're not in some kind of communication.

We've been through break ups, marriages, births, deaths - every kind of 'thick & thin' together and have never once argued!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Over 26 years. His mother used to mind me at times as baby and then we went to play school and school together. Until i moved to the US for a few years. He used to come over for the summer most years and then when i moved back we continued on as best mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I've known my best friend for 41 years :)

she's the best friend in the world..

other friends about 15 - 20 years..

as you get older you get to know who your true friends are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭1c1a

20 years we were in junior infants together and we've been best friends through all those years,we bonded when we were sharing a blue crayon and that was it firm friends for life lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'm a man so don't really have "a" best friend but have known a few of my mates since we were around 4. I'm now in my 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Connie_c28

27yrs since we were 2 and robbed each others barbie heads :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tricks

15 agonizing years :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

I dont have one but I have two so...

One nearly 12 years (Were both on a Highway To Hell :D ) and the other five years :)

Advertisement