Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you paint your boys nails?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Basically but less of the lynching, I'm not a complete monster.

God forbid that you fail to instill your child with all your own predjudices & hang-ups.

That would be a tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Noreen1 wrote: »
    I will absolutely guarantee you, they do not actively bully him.
    Neither do they call him names to his face - I've checked.:D

However, when they're chatting to each other (and unaware that this particular adult is eavesdropping!) - that's what they call him.
    Curiously enough, they also have sympathy for him.:confused:

Noreen
    Yes, because children are so renowned for telling Mummy exactly what happens all the time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I guess it all depends on the personality of the boy and their age.

Some boys will be very confident, know what they want and are well able to stand up for themselves should anyone try to bully them. I know children who could 'get away with wearing nail polish' if they wanted to. They are popular enough and confident enough to actually make it 'trendy'.

Other, less confident & less able boys would have a much harder time & could suffer horrendously from bullying.

As for the very young children, I don't see any harm at all. It's just 'dressing up' and something kids have always done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Nevore wrote: »
    Yes, because children are so renowned for telling Mummy exactly what happens all the time. :rolleyes:

Where did I say I relied on what my children said?

I asked my children what was happening. They're good kids - they wouldn't support, or conceal bullying.

However, I've been a parent long enough to realise that not every child knows every single thing that goes on in their school.
    So I approached the school anti-bullying committee, and asked them to monitor the situation.

Result? No bullying could be detected.
    I also made it my business to talk to the lad concerned. Just general chit-chat, followed by "Do you like school?"
    His response was the usual criticisms of the teacher.:D Followed by happy chat about people in his class.
    Nothing unusual there!

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Ooops! :D

Sorry - it was late when I posted that. I was getting you mixed up with the other poster.

My mistake.

Apology accepted ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement