Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Finally got to see some good lightning! :)

Got to cold looking out the window and it took too long for the last flash ( which seemed to of died down a bit from my view so im packing it in.) .In work at 9 , hope 2moro will be a GOOD day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

dacogawa wrote: »
    lots of lightning in inner south east Dublin now, http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ says its started in south dublin, anyone seen anything yet ?

sandyford reporting heavy cloud but dry, cars frozen over, temp risen from -1.0 to 0.1 in last 20 mins:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭cdev

lots of lightning in inner south east Dublin now, http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ says its started in south dublin, anyone seen anything yet ?
    Nothin in Kilternan/Stepaside yet. But the Thunder is getting closer. Wonder if thundersnow is better than regular snow?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

That radar is painful to look at for me in North Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Massive flash 9k east city.

• Advertisement

best described as a white out here now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snow getting a lot heavier here now, gonna head down the seafront and try and get some lightning pics;) will report back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

im in tipp , it was freezing hard earlier.... but it has eased off quiet a bit in the last few hours.. nice few clouds in the sky.. usually when snow is coming it gets a bit milder ? am i right in sayin so ?

MetLuver wrote: »
    Yep, delicous Polish warmer. Just heat but dont boil add cinnamon mixed spice and nutmeg, some sugar and enjoy. Sounds strange I know but it's actually quite nice. The Polish know how to keep warm!!

full recepie please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

proper snowflakes in the mix now...still mostly graupel though (dalkey)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It is a good thing i was out for a while, couldn't of bared what is going on!

Just too far north for it here in Portmarnock, literally by 1-2 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭cdev

Waheeeeeey....the snowtrain has arrived in Kilternan :D

It is a good thing i was out for a while, couldn't of bared what is going on!

Just too far north for it here in Portmarnock, literally by 1-2 miles

Do you reckon we can forget about for tonight this far north? Need to decide if the bottle of red staring at me needs to be opened or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Do you reckon we can forget about for tonight this far north? Need to decide if the bottle of red staring at me needs to be opened or not.

Open it, sure, it needs an hour to breath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I think we will get some alright. Look at the new streamers forming S. of Isle o Man @1:00am and their direction. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

few claps of thunder down here some lightning aswell

brought the dog out for a couple of minutes he could only be loured back into the house with treats he was having a great time

cdev wrote: »
    Waheeeeeey....the snowtrain has arrived in Kilternan :D

i think i saw something against the lamp post but i wasnt sure. god i feel like a child!!

Open it, sure, it needs an hour to breath

Ah I lash it straight into a decanter!

Im not too sure, think City Centre may get hit as wind veering almost ENE to E.

Just south of me, i have no idea what will form behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

nice white covering in dalkey...graupel continues...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

around 2 inches of lovely powdery snow here in mayo, delighted:D hard get up the hills on the way home though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Whiteout here, should be an inch in no time

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It's all slowly slowly catchy monkey here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Whiteout here, should be an inch in no time

Hurry up and get to wexford town stupid snow!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

ongoing whiteout in Arklow
    REally piling up now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ongoing whiteout in Arklow
    REally piling up now

Don't drain it all before it gets here! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Harps wrote: »
    It looks like that band currently over Scotland is headed right for us though which looks promising, still a few hours off but if it hits us right then we could get some sustained snow for a while
    Winger_PL wrote: »
    Theoretically, yes. It might be epic. No real way of knowing other than waiting for it to come.

Just spent the last hour and a half under that band here in Glasgow...epic was the word alright, its dumped about 1.5 inches on the ground and headed off on its way, huge winds with it, the snow was blowing upwards at times - it was travelling at pace.

[IMG][/img]1003470w.th.jpg

[IMG][/img]1003468v.th.jpg

The bank has set up around 3 miles South of Here aligning ESE from Howth.

Hard to believe, but i hold my head for the moment, even if i get none tonight, there will be the coming!

Congrats to all with Snow;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

baraca wrote: »
    Don't drain it all before it gets here! ;)
    no snow here still in town...... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement