Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Snowing heavily again in Bray, settling on the ground. Just had 2 huge claps of thunder too! I have never seen weather like this, it's actually freaky! Hopefully others on here will get to experience it too!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

byrneno7 wrote: »
    Some nice stuff pushing into south dublin and wicklow now. Lucky gits.:p

136676.png

If only the wind would turn a bit more easterly there would be a nice hammering to most of Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

Currently Active Users Moderators
    266 (104 members & 162 guests) Moderators : 2
    thetonynator, 123balltv, Weathercheck, MUSEIST, darkman2, _sheep, byrneno7, baraca, AndyP, Robert McGrath, Nihilist21, Kenevil, e-sull, snowww, rainbow kirby, The tax man, copacetic, ben36, ThatGuy1, mackerski, DOCARCH, draward, Cosmo Kramer, Sparko, Mr.Boots, Jpmarn, ihavequestions, dacogawa, McNuggy10, NIALL D, whitemocha, tu2j2, Mech1, Saganist, BEASTERLY, Harps, darkmaster2, Welsh Wizard, ch750536, cdev, snowstreams, patneve2, claytonie, El Horseboxo, hawaiichair, Scubadevils, bagwell, joe199, Clav, TheGreenGiant, SLIM19198, stevenf17, t|nt|n, kingshankly, ollie1, delw, MollyZ, Calibos, redsunset, j1979p, Eastcoastryan, Mmcd, M.T. Cranium+, irish147, Mothman, Dowdy20, *eadaoin, Domscard, FlawedGenius, mickger844posts, Grim., Duffff-Man, carlmwan, abitofacomedian, F-Stop, nehpets5555, Siog-Alainn, inabina, plein de force, PG4000, Birdnuts, Stephen P, pauraic1990, Chief---, maquiladora+, ep71, dango, Iancar29, cj7, markontap, thomasj, elvis99, phonypony, Takca, whiskeyman, pigeonbutler, Dotsie~tmp

At 1.40 am!!!

THis forum is the sh1t!!!

dont often post but its a great read with great info.

no snow here in north kk but im sure i can hear distant thunder although its very faint. any chance of lightning in the area tonight???

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    realy building up here
    ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

just started in gorey now I hear..
    8 miles up the road and its been going for 90 mins!
    fields are totally white

Less than 8mph, Great gonna be a long night!

Have a fiver bet with my girlfriends little bro that it'll be snowin before 2.05am. I need that money for my breakfast tomorrow so it would want to get it's skates on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

patneve2 wrote: »
    who could be in the firing line of that elongated streamer??
    heavy precip in that

http://met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

5210016449_5d66710651_b_d.jpg

;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

raintoday.co.uk suggesting it's snowing here in dingle.. it's just wet outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

thunder, lightning and hailstones in dun laoghaire. i was only hoping for snow! what a surprise to get such a blue flash of lightning :D

that's the second time i've seen blue lightning mentioned here tonight, do you mind my asking what the difference is between blue & white (other than just the colour obviously!). does it need different circumstances to be blue?

please forgive my ignorance!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

If only the wind would turn a bit more easterly there would be a nice hammering to most of Dublin...

I have faith our time will come in 3-4 hours or so.

........ Gets straws....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Lads, just so you know... I present a radio show on East Coast FM in Wicklow, I am on air at 10 in the morning and I'll be saying fair play to you guys on here for getting it spot on!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

haven't a clue! but there it was again. wish i had someone here to appreciate it with me, but i guess you guys will do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lads, just so you know... I present a radio show on East Coast FM in Wicklow, I am on air at 10 in the morning and I'll be saying fair play to you guys on here for getting it spot on!!!

Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Do you think the snow will still be there in the morning??

Big flash again in Greystones still snowing although mostly gruaple,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

*eadaoin wrote: »
    that's the second time i've seen blue lightning mentioned here tonight, do you mind my asking what the difference is between blue & white (other than just the colour obviously!). does it need different circumstances to be blue?

please forgive my ignorance!

Usually when there is lightning and snow (thundersnow) the lightning or the flash looks blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Ok Did the inportant test...open window and listen for water running in drains and gutters......nothing!!!!! and still pelting down!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is torturous i am seeing lightning and hearing thunder from a Thundersnow stream 3 miles to my south:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

In bed ... On this on my phone .. And still gettin flashes of lightning through the window! It's only brilliant! , to lazy tough to get up and wait standing looking out .

Can't believe there's white on that radar image! First time i seen white in a long time!

It's shocking tough , I been waiting for this all week and the first of it all decodes to hot SE Dublin and below... Ah well, another day 2moro! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

nice flash here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Usually when there is lightning and snow (thundersnow) the lightning or the flash looks blue.

I've seen blue flashes maybe 7 or 8 times over the last two nights. I drive allot and its bright enough to catch my attention any part of the sky. Its quite weird to be honest, first time I've seen lightning like that without any form of precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

I know its a killer but patience is the key.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Whats the name of the type of lightening goin on the east coast ?

over 2 inches now and rising here in Arklow.
    Complete utter white out,its like a fog of big flakes.
    The tree branches and hedges are weighted down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Either that, or we need IOM to go wander off somewhere for a while :pac:
    Frustrating, as feared its all passing just to the south of me (south Dublin) almost within shouting distance.

Another huge flash in Greystones , wing has got up a bit, sounds like it's lashing out but it's snowy grauple.

Another t & l there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

over 2 inches now and rising here in Arklow.
    Complete utter white out,its like a fog of big flakes.
    The tree branches and hedges are weighted down :D

Hmmm, im only a hop down the road from you and id say we have an inch, i think you got snow about 30mins before me here, the weather is so odd!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Another huge flash in Greystones , wing has got up a bit, sounds like it's lashing out but it's snowy grauple.

Another t & l there

jealous :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    I've seen blue flashes maybe 7 or 8 times over the last two nights. I drive allot and its bright enough to catch my attention any part of the sky. Its quite weird to be honest, first time I've seen lightning like that without any form of precipitation.

i spotted a blue flash earlier on while driving but its was stock still with clear skies all round?

must have been lightning but weird since no cloud or snowfall?

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Hmmm, im only a hop down the road from you and id say we have an inch, i think you got snow about 30mins before me here, the weather is so odd!!
    yeah,it's been at it now since about midnight or before and was at it here a good 90 mins before gorey which is just 8 miles south-radar says heavier near the coast too.

Holy jaysus anyone see that one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing but light graupel here so far from this latest band

Really jelous of all these reports from the east right now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement