Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

guys the top part of the big thundersnow shower SHOULD hit parts of dublin too, its track is perfect

http://met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

the most northern part of that big shower, eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Iancar29 wrote: »
    ah u can still see it? , which way u looking?

Looking south think over Dublin bay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Nothing here in Dublin 6, very frosty outside though. C'mon snow, come north!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Arklow and Avoca look next in the firing line.

Will be interesting to see if ir survives the Wicklow Mts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

For newcomers - Zoom in on Dublin ( or Home) with this link http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

doccy wrote: »
    Less than a mile from the coast in Greystones, it's hammering down with flashes of lightning!

its overhead in kilcoole now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Looks like Nrth Dublin is gonna miss these streamers from the Irish sea :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm 100 yards back from seafront at sea level here in Bray. Tia graupel we are getting by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

paddy1 has gone quiet. i wonder has he been snowed in:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

loads of lightening here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

I'm pretty much where the black dot is on the map and i'm begging and praying that the pink blob in the middle of all that is heading my way...!

I been a really good girl all year so here's hoping.

No that will just clip south dublin, wicklow and wexford. Convection should pick up around 2am and maybe north dublin will see some action. Here's hoping;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

And que a borage of reports from wexford:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Will that front that is over Scotland down to Newcastle ,regain power as it moves over the Irish Sea over night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    And que a borage of reports from wexford:D
    No snow in wexford town......

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

byrneno7 wrote: »
    No that will just clip south dublin, wicklow and wexford. Convection should pick up around 2am and maybe north dublin will see some action. Here's hoping;)

Good to know, I'm not giving up! However several pints of Guinness and a large Baileys nightcap mean I can barely keep my eyes open! Going to bed and hoping I don't miss the best of it till morning. Night all and keep posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

irish147 wrote: »
    ...yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Another loud rumble of thunder near Tallagh(in car):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

irish147 wrote: »

Yet! Thought i was the only one from town here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

In D14, looking down south, saw a couple of lighting flashes and heard rumbles of thunder over towards the coast - I hope it's coming this way!

Also saw a fox creep into the apartment block garden and have a sniff around on the frosty lawn, worth shivering on the balcony for 10 mins to watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clav

Bah - in Shankill, not a mile from Bray harbour and not a thing here!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

DominoDub wrote: »
    Will that front that is over Scotland down to Newcastle ,regain power as it moves over the Irish Sea over night ?

Theoretically, yes. It might be epic. No real way of knowing other than waiting for it to come.

Brayonians, is the situation at the coast worth driving down from Maynooth? I don't believe I'll witness here what's going on there and I'm very tempted to make a short round trip.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Feck!!! I can't believe its a bloody rerun of last year - looks like it will miss me in the extremes of North Dublin again. Boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Also saw two very distant flashes east of Dublin. Estimated 8-12k away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

that band of snow is rapidly veering WSW from its present SW path.

It will push inland over the next few hrs and make its way to South Dublin, Kildare, Carlow, Kilkenny and Waterford around dawn

All of Leinster is at risk of seeing snow between now and lunchtime. I would not rule out Cork seeing some snow/sleet, most likely early tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Hearing thunder now getting louder over D14... I may be a tad overexcited!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

more thunder now, temp -1.1 sandyford, cloud thick, snow must be close now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

very loud rumble of thunder just there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Thunder in D13, far enough away to be heard as a thud :confused: Out to sea, at least 10km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Theoretically, yes. It might be epic. No real way of knowing other than waiting for it to come.

Brayonians, is the situation at the coast worth driving down from Maynooth? I don't believe I'll witness here what's going on there and I'm very tempted to make a short round trip.

Only thing would say if last year anything to go by only N11 will be gritted so all other roads will be a total mess ... Defo as good as last January but seems much colder out ..

Whoops we just woke the neighbours kids ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

in fairness to ME, they did say snow showers after midnight on the east coast.....:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement