Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

Heavy snow now here in dingle woohoo!! Not sticking though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

had stoped for about 20 minutes here in ashford but its starting up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Dowdy20 wrote: »
    i spotted a blue flash earlier on while driving but its was stock still with clear skies all round?

must have been lightning but weird since no cloud or snowfall?

THE EXACT SAME :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Hi guys - Not a weather watcher but been following threads here past few days and am starting to get an interest. Well done to all contributors. Refreshing the page every few seconds enjoying the events unfold.

Now the big question? :)

Anyone give Newbridge/Kilcullen a chance of snow? Have a 2 y/o that will be looking forward to his first steps in the white stuff. COME ON THE SNOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

No more graupel in Bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Proper flakey snow now!! :D:D:D

Bout an inch now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

giggsirish wrote: »
    Hi guys - Not a weather watcher but been following threads here past few days and am starting to get an interest. Well done to all contributors. Refreshing the page every few seconds enjoying the events unfold.

Now the big question? :)

Anyone give Newbridge/Kilcullen a chance of snow? Have a 2 y/o that will be looking forward to his first steps in the white stuff. COME ON THE SNOW.

Tomorrow morning a band of snow should hit the east coast and get further inland - I'd say you have a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

come on snow im getting impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Just heard thunder...going to watch the show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Dowdy20

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    THE EXACT SAME :pac:

i couldnt figure out what it was it looked like a transfomer blew.

i've never seen blue lightning before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Tomorrow morning a band of snow should hit the east coast and get further inland - I'd say you have a good chance.

Many thanks Docarch. Top man. Looking forward to it and tuning in here from now on for my snow forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Snow still going here, i'd say about an inch on the ground. Thunder and lightning still ongoing here but the attempt at lightning pictures failed due to the heavy snow and infrequent lightning:p will be up a few snow pics soon though! Some very dangerous driving conditions and very near crashes down the seafront in bray, also people starting to leave their cars stranded..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭CrazyBiscuit

Anyone got snow in North Dublin yet?
    The clouds just moved over and the occasional blue flash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think I see North Dubs snow developing now on radar north of the main band.

god this is heaven
    big bang of thunder,lightning and the snow ongoing
    Time to sleep methinks though...if we're to have another forthnight of this :D
    More loud thunder!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No snow so far in south county Dublin. Lightning and thunder yea, but BB's experience makes me hope :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

trogdor wrote: »
    Snow still going here, i'd say about an inch on the ground. Thunder and lightning still ongoing here but the attempt at lightning pictures failed due to the heavy snow and infrequent lightning:p will be up a few snow pics soon though! Some very dangerous driving conditions and very near crashes down the seafront in bray, also people starting to leave their cars stranded..

is it the dodgem cars :D or are things realy that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

darkman2 wrote: »
    I think I see North Dubs snow developing now on radar north of the main band.

Slowly getting there.;)

136678.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Hey Trogdor and Black Briar, I am in Bray.. I've been reading your posts for a while. Just wondering how you think my area will do over the next 24/48 hours... is this the beginning? does it bode well for the next few days?? Just curious... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^^^

/Licks lips :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

wowa massive flash and roarrrrrrrrrr:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Could you post the radar for a little further south byrne??

WOAH!!! Massive flash of lightening in North Dublin just set all the car alarms off. Only a few seconds between flash and thunder.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wibbs wrote: »
    No snow so far in south county Dublin. Lightning and thunder yea, but BB's experience makes me hope :)

massive flash of lightnining and crashing thunder again now, according to radar it's been snowing here for hours but still no sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slingshot

Still no snow but hooooly bits that was some lightning flash a minute ago.
    :eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

byrneno7 wrote: »
    Slowly getting there.;)

I think that radar image is showing precipitation further west that it actually is. The Met E radar seems more accurate at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ThatGuy1

Another bright flash and a big bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

wowa massive flash and roarrrrrrrrrr:D:D

Yep - a big blue flash:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Hey Trogdor and Black Briar, I am in Bray.. I've been reading your posts for a while. Just wondering how you think my area will do over the next 24/48 hours... is this the beginning? does it bode well for the next few days?? Just curious... thanks

I'm not entirely sure yet really, the surface wind has yet to swing East here yet and is not yet coming off the warm sea so we may get a nasty spike in the temperature/melting when does that occur...

• Advertisement

I love how everyone posts about the same flash at the same time and uses the same word 'massive' to describe it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement