Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of people do you hate?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

the guy in the petrol station who scowls at me and never says please or thank you . basically a lack of manners.
    people who justify their ignorance by saying ' i just say what i feel'. so i guess, people with no filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

take it you're from up country then?
    Why do we have to be up from the country then, do you think country people are not as good as the DUBS.:D

people who insist they're right even when you've established they're wrong, then keep on asking the same question over and over again in different ways in the hope of getting the right (their expected) reply
    Ah yes this is where people who are born in Dublin and have country parents come into their own, you do know when I have the advantage of being half dub and half country, people never win, I always have an answer no matter what way they put it, it is the way I was raised, ever hear of street's smart I have being taught by the best country parents Dublin friends, no one ever gets one past me. Do you want to try. Joking it is always fun watching people trying to get one past me and I always have ways of either laughing at them and then showing them how stupid their arguments are and no matter what way they phrase their question it will always come back that they are wrong end of!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

Kimia wrote: »
    What kind of people do you hate>

All of them, especially the ones who walk around making noise with their faces.
    Frankly, I think we should take off and nuke the site from orbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

People who are manipulative.

People who size up the dynamics of power in a social group (or any group) and then decide who they are going to lick up to and who they can be nasty to, rather than acting the same with everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

I hate people who are flakey. People who don't honour their commitments and are consistently late. People who don't answer their phones because they keep losing it. People who always need to borrow bus fare and never pay you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

krudler wrote: »
    I guarantee you ever atheist/non believer would like nothing better to never talk about god again, but until religion gets its claws out of schools, state affairs and every day life, that wont happen.

Oh and I hate people who think atheism is "just like a religion itself" no it isnt you dozy cunts.

In all respect, I think atheists are about as strident if not more so than the average theist.

Simply put, if you don't want to talk about it don't. If you do do. This nonsense of saying that you would prefer nothing better is a coddery.

Schools - lobby the Government for secular alternatives. Sorted! The rest of the population can decide whether or not a faith school is best for their children then.

State affairs - insist that no church decide any state issue. (Issues should be decided on the basis of merit. Churches can speak out on politics, but the Government must decide on merit, not on who they are, or what influence they have). Saying Christians shouldn't vocalise political views is too simplistic.

Every day life - This means that religion will have to die. There is no way I'm going to stop my faith influencing my life, this is true for people of faith in general I would think. There just isn't a hope of this unless you wish to bring in state atheism. This isn't even secularism. We learn to live together or not. If you are not interested this is incompatible with a free society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

People who complain over stupid things and people who cut the back off others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

shnobs!!Tuppence haypenny looking down on tuppence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

People who are 'big into sport' but don't actually play sport.

• Advertisement

People who are manipulative.

People who size up the dynamics of power in a social group (or any group) and then decide who they are going to lick up to and who they can be nasty to, rather than acting the same with everyone.
    I do not lick up to anyone, all I want is have a laugh with people not at them, this is a terrible thing to do, it makes everyone feel uncomfortable and not wanting to come to any gathering much harder, I was trained in my job to be manipulative, but in real life all I really want to do is help people in any way I can. Will you please let me try. I ll show the real me, someone that can be trusted with anything, confidentiality is my middle name. People who are manipulative remember it comes back to bite you. It did me and I learn t from it how unhappy it can make one. So where do I go from here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Nolanger wrote: »
    People who are 'big into sport' but don't actually play sport.

Too right. Same as people who listen to music but don't play music. Or so called "movie buffs" who love to watch films but don't make films. Arseholes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

social chameleons

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Hate is a strong word but people who irritate me are those who don't stand up for what they believe it.

I have a friend like this: a lovely person and means no harm, but in her attempt to please everyone and have them "like her", she changes her opinions at the drop of a hat and nearly has a seizure if I or anyone else doesn't agree with someones point of view. It is very frustruting because you never know where you stand with her.

UpCork wrote: »
    Hate is a strong word but people who irritate me are those who don't stand up for what they believe it.

I have a friend like this: a lovely person and means no harm, but in her attempt to please everyone and have them "like her", she changes her opinions at the drop of a hat and nearly has a seizure if I or anyone else doesn't agree with someones point of view. It is very frustruting because you never know where you stand with her.
    do u ever tell her, people will laugh at her not with her, she had have own view and stick with it. It is hard, none of us will ever make everyone happy. No one will like when she is like this, have your own views and stick with them. Unless someone else can explain why someone is wrong to their satisfaction and discuss the issue until both parties are happy. Good luck.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

I don't hate everybody who dress weird and have unusual hair styles but I hate those who think this automaticially makes them interesting and cool:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

margarite wrote: »
    do u ever tell her, people will laugh at her not with her, she had have own view and stick with it. It is hard, none of us will ever make everyone happy. No one will like when she is like this, have your own views and stick with them. Unless someone else can explain why someone is wrong to their satisfaction and discuss the issue until both parties are happy. Good luck.:)

Several times. Apparently she's being 'nice' and I'm 'hard-nosed' and 'very tough on people'. I maintain that I don't suffer fools and I don't pander to people; if I don't like something, I don't like it and if I don't want to do something, I won't do it. I don't think that's too un-realistic is it? :) I just leave her too it now. Other friends notice it as well, but they won't say it to her, so I just look like the bad person then when I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I dont hate anyone really.

Not the biggest fan of Roma gypsies tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

People who wear duffel coats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wino82

scumbags who start on ya for daring to walk past them on the street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Everyone whose name is Finbar Griffin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Beggars at ATM or Ticket machines, like crocodiles at the water hole.......

Officials in charge of a monopoly item such as passports or licences who abuse their monopoly position and abuse 75 year old people ~(my father) who we later find out has the start of Alzheimers.........I HATE YOU......

Slow drivers who hug the centre line to stop people overtaking and trying thereby to enforce what they perceive to be a "safe" limit.

Gardai who beat the stuffing out of students, most of whom have never experienced officially sanctioned physical violence in their lives before and lack the basic observation skills to get out of the firing line. May you choke to death on the second day of your ill-gotten early 55 yr retirement......

Writers of toxic ads such as the purveyer of French cars and the scrappage schemes, 123.ie < will someone KILL ivan answer> and the Harvey Norman ads who think the have to ROAR all the time............

Charity muggers, I have no money and want to have peace in the public forum. Also people at checkouts looking for money to pack your bags, no thanks i'll pack them myself and I can't afford to let you do it for charity. I can't afford charity.

People who organise collections at work. I will and have refused to subscribe to these collections on several grounds 1) usually only the senior/office crowd get a collection, the lower orders are ignored, except that everyone is asked to subscribe.........2) I have no choice but to attend at work, they think they have a captive audience and it shows "teamwork" by giving those leeches a couple of euro to the collection. This largesse stops when it comes to determining pay for most people however.........I can't afford it. No amount of corporate double-speak or social pressure will change my mind about this.

Time wasters in queues. Have your money ready to pay. Pack your bags in a decent timeframe, referably today and skip the small talk..........

People who engage in earnest conversation at the narrowest part of the church door at the end of Mass, blocking the way for everybody else who is attempting to get home.......

People turning right at an exit onto a VERY busy road where there is a roundabout 50 yards to the left and a sign specifically banning right turns in order to keep traffic moving.

People parking on the access road to our estate when there is an empty car park 5 feet away......People parking trucks on a blind corner.

People walking dogs who let their pets defecate on the grass margins of the public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Enkidu

Men who like big butts (generally they also point out they're being truthful in this regard) and insist others can't deny this fact when such a woman is around.

backpackers who have no topic of conversation other than their travels...yeah we get it dude, the cambodians are more'real' than we are

The cnut who pulls out an acoustic guitar at a house party and starts murdering 'time of your life'...Its usually someone who's only playing 4 weeks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

People in Transit vans trying to sell you tools .

UpCork wrote: »
    Several times. Apparently she's being 'nice' and I'm 'hard-nosed' and 'very tough on people'. I maintain that I don't suffer fools and I don't pander to people; if I don't like something, I don't like it and if I don't want to do something, I won't do it. I don't think that's too un-realistic is it? :) I just leave her too it now. Other friends notice it as well, but they won't say it to her, so I just look like the bad person then when I do
    Well being tough on people can sometimes make you look hard, I had someone in my life who acted just like you, he suffered for it in the end, did not get the promotion he wanted, you have seem to tolerate people, suffer fools as you put it. There are a lot of people out there who will not tolerate such as you, I was that way, I ve now found a new way of dealing with things, smile at them, do things, but do them slowly and if possible do them badly and make out its their fault. good luck:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Idiots who watch the X Factor and update their Facebook Status as they watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

- Dickheads who can't drive properly & give you a whats-your-problem?! look when they are clearly in the wrong, learn to drive you useless cretins.

- People who generally shout when its very easy to just speak at a normal volume to the person next to them. This is often a culchie trait. The bogger im living with literally roars when he's on the phone. Yes i would love to crush his fone.

- People who post things like this; full of fail, full of win, lol, omg, cool story bro, epic fail. Your embarrassing. Stop talking like a 13 year old child.

- People who are tough guys when they have drink in them yet are tame little pooty cats when they're sober. You need alcohol to get your nerve. Thats cowardly.

- People who go into shops & buy small items like chocolate bars or chewing gum with laser cards. Seriously are you trying to broadcast the fact that you have a lasercard or something? They're not a big deal anymore ya know?

- People who act a certain way around one person then pretty much change into a completely different person in front of someone else. I don't trust these type of people.

- People on boards who hunt through other people's posts to find sentences from which they can extract a ba-doom-tissshhhh!!! pun for hefty thanks reward.

- Smelly people. If your homeless, fair enough. All you other stinkers, have a bath & have some respect for yourself.
    Calm down man you'll give yourself a heart attack ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Calm down man you'll give yourself a heart attack ;)

sh!t stirrers! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

H.R. Directors

Advertisement