Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Africa v India

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Mongarra wrote: »
    50 ahead with 2 down. Should be very interesting tomorrow. Like Sydney.

Does anyone have any idea if c Dhoni b Sreesanth (another Michelle for the latter in the first innings) is anywhere near the c Marsh b Lillee record in tests?

Cricinfo is always your friend for queries like this.

Short answer: nowhere near.

In tests:

Dhoni & Sreesanth: 21 dismissals in 22 matches, all caught behind.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34274.html?class=1;template=results;type=bowling;view=fielder_summary

Marsh & Lillee: 95 dismissals in 69 matches, all caught behind.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/6295.html?class=1;template=results;type=bowling;view=fielder_summary

In all forms of the international game:

Dhoni & Sreesanth: 33 dismissals in 78 matches, all caught behind

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34274.html?class=11;template=results;type=bowling;view=fielder_summary

Marsh & Lillee: 117 dismissals in 130 matches, all caught behind

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/6295.html?class=11;template=results;type=bowling;view=fielder_summary

Not even close, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Many thanks for that. A little to go yet!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And the ball to Pujara was pretty decent too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Beware the wounded tiger.....Kallis..61 and counting has single handedly batted India out of this test....lead 192 already....and bcos of the Steyn Factor I reckon SA already have more than enough runs in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Wicket for Sachin.
    Looked like a smashing little back spinner.

• Advertisement

Or a rank long hop :P

240 isn't enough for me. Hopefully Steyn and Morkel can add another 20

Kallis <3

dfx- wrote: »
    Or a rank long hop :P

Looks like it on hawkeye...:D

Jacques Kallis....no: 40 up........what an innings given the context and whaddapalaya:)

jaques-kallis-pic-getty-523651052.jpg

Smashing wee cameo from Tsotsobe there.:D:p

• Advertisement

Even Lopsy swinging away merrily here:)

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Smashing wee cameo from Tsotsobe there.:D:p

You just beat me to it....Lopsy's 3 ball cameo ends:D

India need 340 to win (or survive 90 overs!!) against Steyn and Morkel:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sharma was useless today, he never looked like threatening at all. He has been average for the most part this series. He really doesn't look like fulfilling the potential he showed when he burst on the scene in Australia.

Their really has to be better fast bowlers in India?

Seriously so many people, their has to be?:confused::confused:

Khan worryingly keeps picking up niggling injuries, with the World Cup coming up and the England tour in the summer, they need to pray they can keep him fit.

Just watched the highlights....what an innings by Kallis......Take into account the number of wickets he has he surely has to be the greatest all rounder that's ever played the game:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

booth70 wrote: »
    Just watched the highlights....what an innings by Kallis......Take into account the number of wickets he has he surely has to be the greatest all rounder that's ever played the game:)

Ye was a fantastic innings, sreesanth has bowled very well the last two tests. sehwag seems to be only able to score runs on flat wickets,

FTB Sehwag goes for yet another low score in SA:mad:

Unless 'The Wall' does a 'Brigadier Block' this is going to get painfully embarrassing for India today:(

booth70 wrote: »
    Unless 'The Wall' does a 'Brigadier Block' this is going to get painfully embarrassing for India today:(

I don't understand.
    You expect Dravid to do what now?

I don't understand.
    You expect Dravid to do what now?

To do a Brigadier 'Collingwood' Block......

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rsaveng09/engine/match/387572.html

http://www.espncricinfo.com/engvaus2009/engine/current/match/345970.html

To put it simply I'll be happy if he blocks out 150 balls let alone scoring 150!!

Can he not just do what he does instead?
    i.e. Face 200+ balls and get a healthy score?

• Advertisement

Can he not just do what he does instead?
    i.e. Face 200+ balls and get a healthy score?

I suppose if he stays long enough to face 200+ balls he'll get some sort of a score!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64127.html

....they were one wicket down then after 36 overs and got bowled out in 90 overs.....Hoping history dosen't repeat itself!!!

It won't :(

Harris has to be re-considered..

1-1 it ends.....thats in fact the 3rd successive 1-1 result between these two teams....probably a fair result given how evenly matched the 2 teams are.

For India...

Sehwag's been hopeless all series and has confirmed his reputation as a Flat (Subcontinental) Track Bully
    Dravid's been a disappointment and continues his run of low scores against the better bowling attacks
    Gambhir's been a revelation....didn't expect him to do well on SA pitches
    SRT and Laxman....enough has already been said
    Dhoni...holds on to his record of never having lost a test series as captain yet but ran out of ideas and looked pretty ordinary during the Kallis/Boucher stand yesterday
    Khan and Bhajji and Sreesanth...good in patches but inconsistent to say the least
    Sharma...gone from bad to hopeless....needs a spell back in state cricket and away from the riches of IPL to knock some motivation back into him

For SA....

Steyn...confirmed that he is the best bowler in the world at present
    Kallis....to me he is the greatest all rounder to have ever played the game

Steyn's bowling spell and his duel with Tendulkar on the 3rd day in Cape Town was the best spell of test cricket I have seen in a while
    Kallis's innings yesterday was the best innings I have seen anyone play given the circumstances

Cant wait for England v India this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Can't believe they went for the draw. A truly gettable total and wussed out at barely more than one run per over.
    Anti-cricket.

Apologies for going OT but Bhajji and Symo will be team mates in the next few months..after the 2008 'Sydneygate' or 'Monkeygate' scandal or whatever you want to call it that'll be something to look forward to!!;)

Re: SA v India T20 and ODI series

I don't fancy India's chances much in the upcoming series against South Africa...they have a poor record there in ODI's (think it was 5-1 and 5-2 drubbings in the last 2 series there)....

Still can't understand why somebody like Uthappa is not part of the Indian T20 / one day set up:mad:

Time for an IPL thread?

If tahir spinner comes good they could be one hell of an attack.
    Steyn, Morkel, Kallis, Tahir and Harris.
    Pace, swing and spin both ways.

Looks like a winner to me.

Is Kallis expected to be fit enough to play in the series against India?....Cant see him bowling with a rib injury this soon

ICC Test rankings at the end of the Ashes and '1 v 2'

India 128
    South Africa 117
    England 115
    Sri Lanka 109

Australia 107
    Pakistan 88
    West Indies 85
    New Zealand 80

ICC One Day Rankings prior to the one day series's coming up around the world...

Australia 128
    India 121
    Sri Lanka 118
    South Africa 115

England 112
    Pakistan 100
    New Zealand 91
    West Indies 67

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

What would England need to do against India to get 2nd, would a series win be sufficient? Presume even with a white wash they couldn't go top.

Did look at the Wiki page: HERE but TLDR.

I still think the whole ranking thing is very secondary for most fans, its only really the Test series themselves that matter.

Advertisement