Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email to RTÉ complaints

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

irish-stew wrote: »

This is why I prefer BBC news

Big fan of BBC News channel , they also have some very good news/technology related shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 J_Keays

Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Sent too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

What the hell is with the blase attitude of some of the posters on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ottostreet wrote: »
    What the hell is with the blase attitude of some of the posters on here?

I'm not blase about the current economic situation, but I'm not bothered that the press conference coverage was cut short by a few minutes. It was all very much predictable in it's content.

The reason why I imagine it was cut short was due to RTE's scheduling as there is a live "Week in Politics" just started on RTE 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

What?

People were watching the circus on RTE led by a Clowen when Mary Byrne was on X factor.

Can't believe people got their priorities the wrong way around :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Perhaps we should be more concerned about their coverage of the IMF press conference tomorrow. The 2 Brian's didn't tell us anything new tonight and it was the same old yada yada that they've been spouting for years now.
    The big lads in Brussels and the IMF are the ones holding the reigns now and we should all be tuned in for their announcements over the next week or so.
    I would imagine RTE will improve their coverage after tonight's debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

I'm not blase about the current economic situation, but I'm not bothered that the press conference coverage was cut short by a few minutes. It was all very much predictable in it's content.

The reason why I imagine it was cut short was due to RTE's scheduling as there is a live "Week in Politics" just started on RTE 1.

So RTE should not bother their arses broadcasting the event in full because you think the content was predictable? Are you not even annoyed that it wasn't even advertised? I'm sick of your blasé too-cool-for-school smartarse attitude.

So RTE should not bother their arses broadcasting the event in full because you think the content was predictable? Are you not even annoyed that it wasn't even advertised? I'm sick of your blasé too-cool-for-school smartarse attitude.

Did I say that? Did you even fucking read what I wrote?

Well, did you?

No - you fucking well didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

RTE's been a joke through this whole thing.

Sent them a different, but suitably pointed mail.

• Advertisement

This thread is not for pointless bickering between members. If you have issues with each other, just take it to PM.

This thread is not for pointless bickering between members. If you have issues with each other, just take it to PM.

When you are made a Mod you can tell posters what to do - until then, I will post whatever the fuck I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Elmo wrote: »
    info@tv3.ie

Dear TV3 news,

Thank you for not interrupting coverage of X-Factor for that dreary press conference over on RTÉ One. I think I heard one of your presenters on there before it was quickly taken off the air, I turned back to TV3 patriotically to see what's happening with Mary Byrne.

Kind regards,

Avid Viewer.
    If there was a thumbs down option I would use for this comment. People who watch x factor sh1te have very sad lives. I presume you know that it is all hyped up to get more idiots to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I'm sick of your blasé too-cool-for-school smartarse attitude.
    When you are made a Mod you can tell posters what to do - until then, I will post whatever the fuck I like.

:D I laughed out loud

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Goebbels would be proud of the standard of journalism/reporting RTE deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Goebbels would be proud of the standard of journalism/reporting RTE deliver.

Hey we aren't speaking German, yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hey we aren't speaking German, yet.
    We soon will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

All this collective anger at RTE over their coverage of the freefall of our State seems slightly misdirected to me.

All this collective anger at RTE over their coverage of the freefall of our State seems slightly misdirected to me.

It's just the beginning I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE have been part of the problem, keep us in the dark and feed us sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

If there was a thumbs down option I would use for this comment. People who watch x factor sh1te have very sad lives. I presume you know that it is all hyped up to get more idiots to vote.
    My sarcasm sense is tingling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I don't see why. At least on X Factor the comments were uncensored. And Vincent Brown didn't start until 22:30 to see the bits that RTE didn't want to broadcast.

RTE are basically the PR department of FF. Even on the Week in Politics Hanafin was allowed away with any ****e she spouted while Dobson critiscised anything Bruton and Reilly said.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It was a pity Dobson was presenting WIP.

In relation to the press conference I watched on both RTÉ One and BBC News 24 and they seemed to start at 8:30, while I understand that they shouldn't have cut from the conference when they did I don't see the problem with the time it began at????
    info@tv3.ie

Dear TV3 news,

Thank you for not interrupting coverage of X-Factor for that dreary press conference over on RTÉ One. I think I heard one of your presenters on there before it was quickly taken off the air, I turned back to TV3 patriotically to see what's happening with Mary Byrne.

Kind regards,

Avid Viewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

wow... aren't you just so cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

They needed to hit the news at nine on time and were misguided as to when to leave the press conference and how important it was. Simple as that.

FunnyStuff wrote: »
    wow... aren't you just so cool!!

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Did I say that? Did you even fucking read what I wrote?

Well, did you?

No - you fucking well didn't.

Actually you won't.

Stop with the attitude!

Take a deep breath and calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Actually you won't.

Stop with the attitude!

Take a deep breath and calm down.

When you're made a mod you can .... oh wait ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Please leave the modding to the AHs mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

People that e-mail this are dicks.

Advertisement