Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Recommendations.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Anyone have any recommendations for good League 1 players? I badly need a centre midfielder,striker and left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm in 2015 and need a right back. I'm confidant enough in the rest of the team but that's my weakest area.

I don't have much to spend and only moderate wage (3/4k p/w etc) for anyone who isn't a key player. Age doesn't matter, just once they are good enough for the Belgian Pro League and don't mind playing for a newly promoted team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

FM2011: Playing a career with Torquay United (starting in League 2).

Players who really worked out were:

Izzy Iriekpen-free transfer. Strong quick experienced centre back who was an absolute monster in Leagues 1 and 2.

Conor Coady-free transfer. Consistent 18 year old CB/DM. Well able for the step up in divisions.

Paul Jose M'Poku - extremely versatile young midfielder who develops into a real attacking threat. Takes a mean corner also. He was available on a free in my game after the first season and was attracting interest from the likes of Juventus. He's attainable if you offer him a hefty contract with guaranteed first team football. Well worth it. Sold him for £1,000,000 to Wigan after a few seasons.

Oliver Norwood-free transfer. Excellent young playmaker and set piece taker who grows into a decent Championship player. Frustrating tendency to shoot from distance all day though.

Kevin Vergerolle- Pacy striker who is available for pittance. Lethal in league 1 but Championship level proving to be a bit of a tough ask.

Abdelaziz Kamara is a decent left back too. Repost for Chavways. I don't know what the story is in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chavways wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for good League 1 players? I badly need a centre midfielder,striker and left back.

Kenny Gillet DL\DC 45k Inverness
    David Van Zanten DL 325k St Mirren
    Jose Baxter, ST- free everton loan
    Rory Donnelly ST free swansea loan
    Matt James - MC loan ManU

Has anyone ever gotten Gary Twigg into a League 1 team? Is he any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Jamil Adam has a decent goalscoring record for me with Cork City. I got him in on a free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

Took over West Ham when they were 3rd in the Championship and we get auto promoted in my first season which was handy enough.

Having a cracking 1st season in the top-flight, 5th in the league and after xmas nearly have enough points to be safe, got my hands on a couple of really good players for mid table premier league:

Nicky Maynard (ST) - 8 goals in 10 games, costs about 3 MIL
    Eugene Konoplyanka (AML) - Averaging 7.4 rating, costs about 3 MIL
    Nathanial Clyne (RB/LB) - Averaging 7+, costs about 2MIL
    Mark Wilson (CB/RB) - Averagin 7+, costs less than 1 MIL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

sheao wrote: »
    Jamil Adam has a decent goalscoring record for me with Cork City. I got him in on a free transfer.

Just bought Jamil Adam for AFC Wimbledon. Only pre-season so far but he's banging them in left, right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,437 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I've just started a game with Swansea and bought a lot of the guys mentioned in this article:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/19/football-manager-2012s-best-cheap-players/
    to add to the quality players I already have at the club.
    Some gems mentioned in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

M'baye Niang - Striker - Caen- only 16 but he can play up front in any Championship team and some pl sides.

Jason Puncheon - Winger - Southampton - Got 26 assists for me in my first year.

Jack Cork - CM - Southampton - young midfielder don't know what he rises to but very good in his first season.

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »

Jack Cork - CM - Southampton - young midfielder don't know what he rises to but very good in his first season.

Its 2015 in my game now and he looks like a realy good player.

Untitled1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

Not sure if it's already been said, but Jack Collison is a fantastic player.

Alberto Paloschi, Italian Striker. Got him for I think about £4m and after a settling in period has become my number one striker.

Yann Sommer, Swiss Goalkeeper. Got him for about £1m and he just keeps getting better.

Signed them both at the start of the game when they were only underage internationals. Both have since been called into the full international teams. My brother is a few years ahead and both are regular internationals in his and costing close to £15m and £10m each.

I threw them both in the deep end for QPR and they both swam rather than sank.

Jordan Ayew. Signed for £10m from OM. 40 goals in his first 20 games, setting a new premier league record and its only the start of January! Absolute bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Looking for a decent target man in fm13 and more importantly a pacey poacher... any recomendations? Budget is 5-10 million

GRMA wrote: »
    Looking for a decent target man in fm13 and more importantly a pacey poacher... any recomendations? Budget is 5-10 million

This is based on 2012, but I'd assume there isnt much different in 2013.

Jordan Ayew from OM. He scored over 60 premier league goals (nearly 80 overall in the first and over 100 overall the second) in each of his first two seasons and currently has something like 20 in 10 for his third season. I got him for £10m, definetly worth a look at least. I dont play with a target man so I dont know how he would fair in that situation.

Alberto Paloschi is another worth looking at. Plays for an Italian side, I want to say Parma but cant be sure. Three brilliant seasons out of four and a bit. He had one poor season but hit 35 goals the following. I got him for somewhere around £4m.

Again, both are from 2012 so could be different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

GRMA wrote: »

Llorente got him after a season or 2 for 5 million

also look for Isco.

AM and i've attached screens has a release fee too

• Registered Users Posts: 27 irelandguy10

im just after getting FM 13 now ive just done my leaving cert so i said id get it. So i would just like to know who are the best players to buy for the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Roderigo, Poppadopolous, & Deloufeu got amazing in my game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

miralize wrote: »
    Roderigo, Poppadopolous, & Deloufeu got amazing in my game

Amazing for? English premier league teams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

Fierro, amazing striker in any league

Nicklas Helenius is a decent Tm as well

Couple of decent medfielders in on Tromso's side as well...nice and cheap as well

Advertisement